Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
Hi Dave, nice to have all the requests collected in one place and first of all, many thanks for the incredible and amazing work you are doing about Kodi music features.

I'm interested in particular about classic music, I have around 600 albums and I'm managing them using Foobar2000 because its great flexibility to define the library navigation tree, but I'd migrate to Kodi, that I already use for videos, in order to have only one video, music and image media manager.

The main feature that I'm looking for at the moment is an enhancement of the folder-type library node, that I've found very interesting: it coudl be very useful to improve the syntax of the path statement to limit the scope of the query to a specific set of values; something like this:
<path>musicdb://genres/?genre like Instrument*</path>

The idea is to store in the "genres" attribute all the instruments used in track with the prefix "Instrement", i.e. Instrument_Oboe, Instrument_Trumpet, etc. (these genres can be easily created by the role tag, using a Mp3tag script and assuming that the track has been tagged based on Musicbrainz). So far, with the improved syntax above, I'll be able to define a folder-type node which list all (ed only) the instruments used in my library and let me to pick an instrument and go deeper in the library by composer or album or whatever I like.

At the same time I'll be able to define the real "genres" node limiting the scope of the query with this syntax:
<path>musicdb://genres/?genre<>Instrument*</path>
getting the real genres tags, like Pop, Rocks, Classic, etc.

Many thanks if you'd like and you will have time to consider this proposal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:26
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:28
RE: Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary - by myskin - 2018-03-31, 09:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7