• 11(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
(2020-04-11, 16:52)jontis Wrote: I've been looking for a way to display the songs / artists in the music library in a more compact way, to see more of them on one screen.

Should this best be addressed in the core or in skins?
Number of items on view on a page is definitely a skins thing
Would love to be able to see "Release" information somewhere. 

If i have multiple versions of an album(e.g. original album and remastered) the album is just listed twice with no obvious way of discerning which is which. 

As the tags are there from Picard > filtering on Release type would be awesome as well e.g. CD, 12" Vinyl etc.
(2020-07-28, 12:06)WinR Wrote: Would love to be able to see "Release" information somewhere. 

I think you can already do that by using 'type' in a smart playlist.  You can also (in v19) use release status.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-07-28, 12:43)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 12:06)WinR Wrote: Would love to be able to see "Release" information somewhere. 

I think you can already do that by using 'type' in a smart playlist.  You can also (in v19) use release status.

Great, ill check it out. Thanks.
Add ability to pass albumid via ListItem.SetInfo Python interface

Requesting the adding of a feature to allow addons to pass the albumid via Python interface so that the DialogMusic.Info.xml file can then display album information via the Album Information button. Currently the button is nonworking for Python addons.  Something like:

listitem.setInfo('music', { 'albumid': xxx })

Here's a thread on the topic.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2017-01-14, 02:30)Taipan61 Wrote: I would love the addition of specific fanart for each music album. Currently you are stuck with a single Artist background, regardless of the era of the Album by the group. Many groups have hit albums with different line ups

For example I have two albums, both by ACDC.

I would like the background fan art for album "Dirty Deeds" to show Bon Scott, but with the "Back in Black" album I would like the background to show a picture of the band with Brian Johnson.

I would like to second this request. If we could have (optional) separate 'fanart' images per album. It would make for a much more logical experience. As Taipan61 stated, many (perhaps most?) bands have different lineups per album, and it makes little sense to show a picutre of the band from a single era for all of their albums, IMHO. Also it would be nice to see younger photos of the band members on their older albums.
Please, pretty please...add volume controls to Music. Or separate Music's volume from Video's volume. My preference would be add volume control to Music.

Last night I was watching a video with really loud audio, so I turned the video volume down. Then I went into Music to play some music while I slept. Could not hear the music. I had to go back to Video to turn the volume back up.
It seems that the music scrapers can only modify the album genre (which doesn't seem to be used by much apart from the album information) and have no way of modifying the song_genre table which counterintuitively provides the album genre category . Without this ability the user is fully reliant on ID3 tags for specifying the Music / Genre category in Kodi.

From the code you can clearly see it is the song_genre table that provides the album genre category:

xbmc\xbmc\music\MusicDatabase.cpp

bool CMusicDatabase::GetGenresByAlbum(int idAlbum, CFileItem* item)
    strSQL = PrepareSQL("SELECT DISTINCT song_genre.idGenre, genre.strGenre FROM "
                        "song JOIN song_genre ON song.idSong = song_genre.idSong "
                        "JOIN genre ON song_genre.idGenre = genre.idGenre "
                        "WHERE song.idAlbum = %i "
                        "ORDER BY song_genre.idSong, song_genre.iOrder",
                        idAlbum);
Exposing the audio data to python will make it easier to integrate music effects with hyperion ambilight.
As a product I love Kodi, but as a music player it leaves me seriously wanting... Kodi does all of what I need as a video player, it is just the music player GUI that leaves me feeling less than enthused.
I have a invested a LOT of money in audio hardware, I am often seeking the most out of the music player I can get. So if I am doing a back to back listen test comparing audio files, or just want to know which version of the file I have selected, it takes a lot of effort to find out more detailed information.
I have no issue with navigating to a particular song I might want to play. It would be hard to make that part much simpler (fewer clicks), but to get additional information I have to left arrow over to Options, the press several button up or down / left right to get to the Now Playing information. Then when you get to the information it is contained in a little strip along the bottom (hard to see without walking up to the screen), which only stays there for a few seconds and then takes you to a blank blue screen. To get back to the information I want to see I have to hit the return button, then press another 10 buttons to get back to seeing it for a few seconds.
What would be really great is if the information including streaming bit rate filled the whole screen in an attractive way and stayed on there. What would be bees knees is if the navigation buttons were moved to the Now Playing screen so you could pause, stop, forward, back etc from that screen. Maybe even toggle the lyrics on and off from that screen as well. All the stuff is there it just needs someone with the GUI coding ability to organize it in a way that feels professional and informative.
@Bad Wolf Have you tried pressing <i> when playing a song ?  Obviously the info shown is skin dependant, but for Estuary for example, I get

Press <m> to toggle between the bitrate/bitdepth/filetype and the player controls.

Once you have pressed <i> the information will stay there until you press it again. Then it will revert to showing that info for ten seconds at the start of each track. That 10 seconds can be changed using advancedsettings.xml though to a delay of your choice.
I'm using a nvidia shield pro so there are only a few buttons on the remote. What I want could be done through just a skin change by the looks of things if I knew how to change the skin.
(2021-11-25, 16:50)Bad Wolf Wrote: What I want could be done through just a skin change by the looks of things if I knew how to change the skin.

You could just create an advancedsettings.xml file with the following contents and drop it into your profile directory on your shield.

xml:
<advancedsettings>
    <<songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

That will make the info remain on screen permanently.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....foduration
Duplicate
Didn't work... Setting it to 0 it didn't show the menu at all. I switched back and forth between 0 and 20 as a value several times (reboot nVIDIA Shield Pro every time). So I just set the value to 600 (10 minutes) Hopefully it will reset every song.
What I would like to do is have these buttons on the screen where the lyrics are. That way everything I need is on one screen.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7