Which ambient light system do you use?
As the title says, what do you own? How do you find it?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hi.

Currently using 2xLightpack.tv on my 52" tv with one in the box yet to be added.. They are connected to my mid 2011-mac mini that is running windnows7. The software that I am using to drive them is Prismatik 5.11.3. I am using the Lightpack Companion add-on by @reaven to control my lights via the prismatik api. I am happy with the performance but may look to try boblight for windows one of these days.
@Piers - I just stumbled upon this DreamScreen kickstarter this morning and am considering backing it as an FYI.
(2016-01-22, 15:22)bry- Wrote: @Piers - I just stumbled upon this DreamScreen kickstarter this morning and am considering backing it as an FYI.

thanks for the link, its looking interesting, my concern is the splitter part, is it confirmed that it should be ok with things like netflix UHD from things like the shield, so can it still work with 4K hdcp 2.2 and all that stuff thats needed.

i always wanted ambilight and that may be a good one to back myself too.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Im about to make my own ambilight. Waiting for the parts from china, Should be about £25 in total, Arduino Uno, 5M WS2812B LEDs, 5V 10Amp power supply and a male/female connecter.
I'm running 3x Lightpacks on my 65" tv, connected to an ASRock N3150-ITX Board using openelec and official boblight addon (boblight is broken for kodi v16 I guess - it's working again for v17 krypton when using fritsch's build due to changes in the rendering api).

I'm happy with it, although it took me a while to find the right config and that every light is at the right place, etc...

But it works as it should now and is a nice feature when watching movies.
@sw4y hows the cpu usage with boblight? I see someone complied hyperion x64 which is suppose to be a lot lighter than boblight.
@stuCONNERS see attached screenshot.

boblight running, playing Sky Sport HD (1080i stream coming from my tvserver).

I also read about hyperion being much lighter, but I guess the addon wasn't really usable/ready when I started to build my ambient lighting.

I build my own with a RPi and a LED strip with LPD8806 Chipset. I use an OE image that runs Kodi and hyperion. When using Kodi on the RPi the video signal is processed digitally. To use all HDMI inputs I connected a HDMI splitter to my AVR that splits the video output to TV and an HMDI2AV converter, that is connected to a AV-Videograbber that is connected to the Pi via USB. I am quite satisfied with the solution. The delay is hardly noticeable and the colours are really good as well. It is basically the same as lightberry but build with cheap parts from amazon. In the end it is more cable mess than with lightberry but was fun to build and it is cheaper. Hyperion supports Philips Hue as well, so you can include those in the ambilight effect. I didn't try that though as I don't own them.
Got a lightberry and a lightpack for my two setups running one on GPIO and one on USB.
(2016-01-23, 15:53)sw4y Wrote: I'm running 3x Lightpacks on my 65" tv, connected to an ASRock N3150-ITX Board using openelec and official boblight addon (boblight is broken for kodi v16 I guess - it's working again for v17 krypton when using fritsch's build due to changes in the rendering api).

I'm happy with it, although it took me a while to find the right config and that every light is at the right place, etc...

Do you mind sharing your con figs please?
(2016-01-22, 21:33)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 15:22)bry- Wrote: @Piers - I just stumbled upon this DreamScreen kickstarter this morning and am considering backing it as an FYI.

thanks for the link, its looking interesting, my concern is the splitter part, is it confirmed that it should be ok with things like netflix UHD from things like the shield, so can it still work with 4K hdcp 2.2 and all that stuff thats needed.

i always wanted ambilight and that may be a good one to back myself too.

I also just checked out their kickstarter and it looks good but it is a pity that they are not making it future proof with only using cdmi 1.4

Quote:Does DreamScreen work with HDMI 2?
DreamScreen does not work with HDMI 2 or HDCP 2.2. It is designed for HDMI 1.4. If using a device with HDMI 2 port, you can either switch operation to 1080P or 720P. Most video/game consoles have display settings that can allow for output resolution.
(2016-01-24, 20:11)calisto Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 15:53)sw4y Wrote: I'm running 3x Lightpacks on my 65" tv, connected to an ASRock N3150-ITX Board using openelec and official boblight addon (boblight is broken for kodi v16 I guess - it's working again for v17 krypton when using fritsch's build due to changes in the rendering api).

Sure, but keep in mind that Lightpack will not work for you as expected if you try to use my boblight.conf.
The order of lights attached to my tv will vary to yours, so the output of boblight will not be correct.

In my boblight.conf I included each lightpacks serial (#serial XXXXXXXXXX).
This does not have any effect on the config, but it makes it much easier to find the right lightpack and matching usb bus, if boblight breaks for some reason.

Have fun!

boblight.conf
settings.xml
I bought all the parts but haven't assembled it yet. I'm following this instructable to build an ambient light system that works with any input!!!!!
(2016-01-25, 11:57)sw4y Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 20:11)calisto Wrote:

Sure, but keep in mind that Lightpack will not work for you as expected if you try to use my boblight.conf.
The order of lights attached to my tv will vary to yours, so the output of boblight will not be correct.

In my boblight.conf I included each lightpacks serial (#serial XXXXXXXXXX).
This does not have any effect on the config, but it makes it much easier to find the right lightpack and matching usb bus, if boblight breaks for some reason.

Have fun!

boblight.conf
settings.xml

Thank you very much :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which ambient light system do you use?0