• 21(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
Thanks I'll take a look. As a work around as I have limited genres anyway it seems I can make individual genre nodes in a parent node and then create a widget displaying these nodes and its snappy as expected. But that seems an unsustainable fudge.
(2023-03-10, 10:25)Ceefaxer Wrote: ...and then create a widget displaying these nodes...
You mean one widget per (one) child node?
(2023-03-10, 16:18)DiMag Wrote:
(2023-03-10, 10:25)Ceefaxer Wrote: ...and then create a widget displaying these nodes...
You mean one widget per (one) child node?
Not really. You create a parent node called say genres and then create a variety of child nodes in that for each genre, you can then make one widget to look at the parent node and it lists the child genre nodes inside, and they work just fine, no loading time wait. Obviously its a ball ache to create, but I only use genres for audiobooks/radio/podcasts so the genre types are always going to be limited to around 10 or so. Its a fudge but I cant stand that loading time.
How does Edit Visibility work in the library node editor? Can you specify nodes to be hidden in a library view and still be linked to in other ways? What are the kind of things you can do with edit visibility?
Code for a Favourite Actors node...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3161188
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, can anybody post an example of a TV Episodes in progress node please?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<node order="6" type="filter" visible="True">
       <label>Incomplete</label>
       <icon>DefaultInProgressShows.png</icon>
       <content>episodes</content>
       <match>all</match>
           <rule field="inprogress" operator="true">
               <value></value>
           </rule>
       <limit>50</limit>
       <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>
(2024-04-10, 16:49)LongMan Wrote: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<node order="6" type="filter" visible="True">
       <label>Incomplete</label>
       <icon>DefaultInProgressShows.png</icon>
       <content>episodes</content>
       <match>all</match>
           <rule field="inprogress" operator="true">
               <value></value>
           </rule>
       <limit>50</limit>
       <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>
Thank you!