• 6(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
Okay. I find this as an easy way to arrange movie folder so that only content of my main movie folder is visible in subcategories, like years, genres and so on.
Under video I have parent node CMovie, and nodes Concerts and Kids.

video
---Movies>
---CMovie>
---Concerts
---Kids

I must continue to study this
You can also use skin shortcuts add-on with a skin that supports it. Then all can be done in the GUI.

I removed all my sport dvds from the main movies node, and had a separate sports "sub" node
Tongue 
Or then when replacing menu I have to press: video nodes - cmovie - titles - ok, and it works like i wanted.
Earlier I selected titles and pressed ok.
Hey guys, any ideas (using nodes or smart playlists) to display two charts/lists?

500 Greatest Albums of All Time (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/...e-20120531)
and
1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (http://www.listchallenges.com/1001-album...u-die-2016)

I have both collections but I can't find a way to display these properly. Thanks!
Hey guys,
tnx for the good informations here :-)
(2017-05-29, 23:42)sergiocos Wrote: Hey guys, any ideas (using nodes or smart playlists) to display two charts/lists?

500 Greatest Albums of All Time (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/...e-20120531)
and
1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (http://www.listchallenges.com/1001-album...u-die-2016)

I have both collections but I can't find a way to display these properly. Thanks!

Sure you could just put them in a separate folder and make a node based on the folder name. Maybe then rename the album names like "001 - The Wall" so then you can show them alphabetically in order of the best.
How would I add a Concerts node (for full length concerts not music videos) that would function the same as Movies so I can have Kodi 17 list recently added.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes I even made a video of the setup procedure Wink

I'll check it out tks
Ok.. library node editor has changed a bit but seems essentially the same but regardless of three attempts and following the video I can't seem to get it to work when I go into concerts (node) after it's been set I see nothing

In Concerts in (files) everything is scraped 100%. I'm also using local information for scrapes so I can allow for custom edited concerts which I use MediaElch for to ensure the format conforms to Kodi.

At the path stage I did the following:

Selected 'Title' and change to 'Path'
Selected 'contains' and change to 'Concerts'
Selected 'Browse for value', open the source containing your media and click OK.

I originally had multiple paths for Concerts in sources then and the procedure failed.
I changed to a single source on the HTPC in an attempt to get it to work and I can see the files in the Concerts node.

Why would it be failing when I select the Concerts source which contains several sources both local and via smb?

KODI 17.3
Library Node Editor
Not sure why it fails, I personally have all mine on an SMB source in a single folder and it works as expected.
How are your sources organized?

Mine is like this:

Concerts custom node pointed at --->Concerts (sources)
  • smb path 1 (first path visible in "Concerts" custom node) (this path was added first to the Concerts source then the remaining two paths were added after the "Concerts"node was created)
  • smb path 2 (fails to show in node but is visible in Concerts source)
  • local path 3 (fails to show in node but is visible in Concerts source)
Results are that the "Concerts" custom node only shows videos from the fist path created in the Concerts source. Videos in the two remaining sources added to the Concerts source after the node was created fail to be visible in the "Concerts" node.

No custom node for Movies sources
Movies (sources) --->
  • smb path 1
  • smb path 2
  • local path 4
No custom node yet for tv sources
TV (sources) --->
  • smb path 1
  • smb path 2
  • local path 5

Kidflix custom node pointed at ---> Kidflix (sources) --->
  • smb path 1 (fails to show in node but is visible in Kidflix source)
  • smb path 2 (fails to show in node but is visible in Kidflix source)
  • local path 3 (fails to show in node but is visible in Kidflix source)
All Kidflix paths were added to the Kidflix source before the Kidflix node was created resulting in a failure to see any videos in the Kidflix node while all files are visible in the Kidflix source.

I tried creating new nodes several times and several different ways on two different computers with the same results.

The only thing I haven't tried is eliminating the multipath in one source and instead add multiple single path sources to a node.
Can anyone else reproduce this or having the same issue?
It seems a bit complicated but it brings out great things
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples5