• 7(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
I need to filter by external source, my movies placed in different HDD. Is there a way to make it by Library node? Thanx
Was trying to create a tag movie node and I have some problems.  Should this work?

Code:
$ cat video/movies/kids.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
       <label>Kids</label>
       <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
       <content>movies</content>
       <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
       <rule field="tag" operator="contains">
               <value>Children</value>
       </rule>
</node>

Sometimes I can see such a node, but most of the time I cannot.  I go to "Movies" (which dumps me into Movies/Title), then I go up one level and I see all the "Movies" nodes, but this one is not shown. 

I do have movies with this tag (and I have sometimes seen the node and it is populated correctly), but most of the time I can't get to it.  Am I doing something wrong to see the node? 

Not knowing what it's for exactly, I tried setting "visibility = 1", but that seemed to have no effect.
Sorry for my ignorance, but is that very different of what can be done with a smart playlist ?
(2017-10-25, 14:45)Zani Wrote: I need to filter by external source, my movies placed in different HDD. Is there a way to make it by Library node? Thanx

Use a PATH filer. Just type the drive letter as the path rule and it should work pretty well.
(2017-10-29, 16:26)docwra Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 14:45)Zani Wrote: I need to filter by external source, my movies placed in different HDD. Is there a way to make it by Library node? Thanx

Use a PATH filer. Just type the drive letter as the path rule and it should work pretty well.

Thx. I'll try it..
P.S. I think i'll try Label filter indeed, 'cause i connect only one HDD at a time
There is actually an example in the 1st post of this thread

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" type="filter">
<label>External Drive Movies</label>
<match>all</match>
<icon>disk.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>S:</value></rule>
</node>

For example: This would only show movies from a drive called S:.
(2017-10-30, 16:32)docwra Wrote: There is actually an example in the 1st post of this thread

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<label>External Drive Movies</label>
<match>all</match>
<icon>disk.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>S:</value></rule>
</node>

For example: This would only show movies from a drive called S:.

And in Android ( I've got an Nvidia shield ) how can I do it? Drives aren't called by letters Sad
You can use any part of the drive or share location to match to. So if its in a folder called /share/specialmovies then just use the "specialmovies" as the path filter
Hi,

Here's examples of 2 nodes I've created to interact with my Music Library.

The 1st is to display albums by the series they are part of, I created /library/Albums Series and placed along with index.xml an xml per album series and here is the example for albums in the 'Global Underground' series:

Global Underground.xml

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <label>Global Underground</label>
    <content>albums</content>
    <rule field="album" operator="contains">
        <value>Global Underground</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">album</order>
    <icon>L:\Kodi\Icons\GU.png</icon>
</node> 

The 2nd node I've created is for Record Labels, again new folder /library/Record Labels with index.xml and an xml per record label, here is the 'Hooj Choons' xml:

[syntax<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <label>Hooj Choons</label>
    <content>albums</content>
    <rule field="label" operator="contains">
        <value>Hooj Choons</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">album</order>
    <icon>L:\Kodi\Icons\hooj.jpg</icon>
</node> [/syntax]

I've added each node as a menu item and then used these in conjunction with a modified 'Infowall' in Madnox to allow me to go through the various xmls and see the 1st 16 cds for each xml.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Can someone please show me how I can get this view using node editor add-on

I want to create a node for Recently add movies but they should start from the current year as such below

Recently added>>>2018,2017,2016,2015
I have similar situation with TV Shows, like above with albums. Please help me build right lists\nodes.
My situation :
Actually there are more than one xxSAMBA.SRV.NET in SOURCE.SMB therefore operator "contains"
How would one migrate the settings files to a new kodi build. Which files should I copy?

Thanks.
(2018-05-17, 03:50)stephen147 Wrote: How would one migrate the settings files to a new kodi build. Which files should I copy?

Thanks.
 Everything in userdata
(2018-05-17, 09:59)docwra Wrote: Everything in userdata 
videorules.xml just?
Hi, was hoping someone could help me with a node. I'd like, if possible, to list the 20 newest shows added that match the path "/mnt/nfs/media/tv/kids/*". I don't want to use genre matching or tag matching, only matching that path.

Thanks in advance!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples5