• 9(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
@sahmiri - The forum language is English only please.

By all means use Google translate to translate to French so you can understand and also to translate your own posts into English, but please only post your English language post here (not the translation of the post you're replying to).

Also your other post in the skin changes thread has been removed as that thread is not for general user posts.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies

create folder
Rating

create filed
index.xml

paste

< ?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
< node order="5 B" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
 <label>Rating</label>
 <icon></icon>
 </node>

save file

create rating file start at first age gap

PG.xml

< node order="0" type="filter"> 
 <icon>defaultaddonssearch.png</icon>
< label>Rated PG</label>
< name>Rated PG</name>
 <content>movies</content> 
< match>one</match>

<rule field="mpaarating" operator="is">
        <value>Rated PG</value>

< /rule> 
< /node>

save to file

PG-13.xml
< node order="1" type="filter"> 
 <icon>defaultaddonssearch.png</icon>
< label>Rated PG-13</label>
< name>Rated PG-13</name>
 <content>movies</content> 
< match>one</match>

<rule field="mpaarating" operator="is">
        <value>Rated PG-13</value>

< /rule> 
< /node>

each rating will need a order number  <node order="1" type="filter">
Searched the entire thread, watched the wiki and video therein regarding music concerts.
I have no problems defining the concerts node but when trying to remove concerts from movies by setting path rules in movies--> title, it just doesn't remove them ffs.
This is on kodi 18 with NFS shares on a NAS btw. Also cleaning or updating library doesn't have any effect. Ideas?
Create a new node for Movies and just use that, it works for me.
Doesn't work for me. The thing seems broken in general, I have the same problem when using a smart playlist instead.
You say earlier you had no problems defining a concert node, so why do you say it doesn't work to create a new movie node?
I didn't say creating a new node doesn't work. It does but doesn't get rid of concerts either. So what I'm wondering about is why "path contains concerts" works for getting a concert node but I can't get rid of concerts via "path doesnotcontain concerts". And this is true both for Library Node Editor and Smart Playlists both on Kodi 18 for Android (Shield TV) and LibreELEC 9/Kodi 18 on a Rpi3. Does it matter whether the DB is sitting on a NAS (MariaDB)?
No sure but all I can say is I have 15 different movie nodes, everything from 4K only films, IMDB top 250, extreme sports, Recent Movies, standup comedy and they all work as expected.

I use path rules for most of those.
Can anybody confirm that the removing of content from "movies" by a path-based rule as shown in the wiki/vid is even working at all on their Leia setup? Just tried on Win10 with a 18.1 nightly as well. Nothing is removed. Defining a "concerts" node by a path-based rule is no problem however. I don't get what the problem is, really.
(2019-02-07, 18:26)iophobia Wrote: Can anybody confirm that the removing of content from "movies" by a path-based rule as shown in the wiki/vid is even working at all on their Leia setup? Just tried on Win10 with a 18.1 nightly as well. Nothing is removed. Defining a "concerts" node by a path-based rule is no problem however. I don't get what the problem is, really.
 From my memory it does work but is skin dependent, you would need to change the skin to go to your filtered library.

For some reason there are 2 ways to launch the library items and I think the default Estuary skin does not use a node. @ronie may be able to explain or say i'm talking rubish Smile
In this case I want to add that I tried with jurialmonkey's AZ and Aura, hence skinshortcuts/skinhelper so far. Will try to see what happens with movies in Estuary. But since skinhelper only reference an internal link, I wouldn't know/understand why it should be skin-dependent. Looking forward to @ronie 's response.

Edit: Just reverted to Estuary on one of the clients to check Movies but as expected "concerts" were still included.
(2019-02-08, 11:13)docwra Wrote:
(2019-02-07, 18:26)iophobia Wrote: Can anybody confirm that the removing of content from "movies" by a path-based rule as shown in the wiki/vid is even working at all on their Leia setup? Just tried on Win10 with a 18.1 nightly as well. Nothing is removed. Defining a "concerts" node by a path-based rule is no problem however. I don't get what the problem is, really.
 From my memory it does work but is skin dependent, you would need to change the skin to go to your filtered library.

For some reason there are 2 ways to launch the library items and I think the default Estuary skin does not use a node. @ronie may be able to explain or say i'm talking rubish Smile 
 nope that is entirely correct. the details may be a bit too technical, but here's what it boils down to..

there are 2 directory structures in Kodi
- the internal 'old-style' db paths, e.g. videodb:// , musicdb://
- the 'new-style' customizable library node paths, e.g. library://video/ , library://music/

these new-style structures were meant to replace the old-style paths, but the implementation of library nodes in Kodi was never fully finished.
that's why many skins still (partly) use the old-style db paths. especially on their home menu.

as for the incomplete implementation, skins basically lack the ability to check if a library node still exists.
for instance, say i'm a user that only uses Kodi for music, so i decide the delete all of the video related library nodes.
ideally what should happen now is that all of the video related items should automatically be removed from the home menu as they don't exist anymore.
but that's the part still missing in Kodi and as a result you would end up with a somewhat 'broken' home menu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for clarifying. So is there any way to use the new alternative path like "library://video/movies/title" that should obey rules set in library node editor? Do I just paste it in ActivateWindow()?
yup that's the way it's supposed to work
Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Amazing. That actually did the trick. Thanks a bunch!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples5