• 12(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
(2019-07-12, 22:18)Finchy Wrote: Sorry, another question from me please.....!

Is it possible for me to restrict the movies that are shown under the main Movie node to those from 2000 onwards? When I try to add a rule to the main Movie node to limit to movies greater than 1999 only it still displays all of them. Is that because the main Movie and Music nodes are locked? Would I just have to create a new Parent node with movies and that rule and use that instead, and disable the main one from the home screen?

Yes you can do this.

I always work directly with the xml files, so for what you want you would edit the titles.xml file in the movies folder to be

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="30" type="filter">
<label>10024</label>
<content>movies</content>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="year" operator="greaterthan"><value>1999</value></rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</node>

As described on wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes I copied the xml files over to my userdata folder and edited the titles.xml there.

(2019-07-16, 10:03)MB1968 Wrote:

Is it possible for me to restrict the movies that are shown under the main Movie node to those from 2000 onwards? When I try to add a rule to the main Movie node to limit to movies greater than 1999 only it still displays all of them. Is that because the main Movie and Music nodes are locked? Would I just have to create a new Parent node with movies and that rule and use that instead, and disable the main one from the home screen?
I'm curious in this too.

I am assuming you still want to do what you described at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2867042

If so here's an example for the edited titles.xml for your case

xml:
<label>10024</label>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="doesnotcontain"><value>Documentary</value></rule>
</node>
(2019-07-16, 15:46)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 10:03)MB1968 Wrote:

I'm curious in this too. 

I am assuming you still want to do what you described at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2867042

If so here's an example for the edited titles.xml for your case

xml:
<label>10024</label>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="doesnotcontain"><value>Documentary</value></rule>
</node>

Thanks for your help. I know how to create rules to apply the filters. But the rules are being ignored for the movie library/default movies node. I tested your titles.xml file. Same problem. However, when I create a new parent node "My Movies" the rules and filters work as they should. What could be the reason that the rules are ignored for the default movies node? Does it depent on the skin?
It seems a common issue. Please read the first message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-ajNMy6pY
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC 1 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 RC1 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 beta 3 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 beta 3 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod

That example was for the default Movies node which is what the titles.xml is, so you must be doing something wrong because I can change to rules for the included titles.xml and the new rules get applied to the nodes.

Could you post the contents of each folder under the Library folder?
Ah hold on I think penny has dropped, you mean access the Movies section direct from the Home screen button and not by going the Videos -> Movies -> Titles path, in which that will be dependent on the path the skin uses for that button.
Ok just checked with Estuary and Movies button is mapped to the Titles node via ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return) however it gives the unfiltered list, whereas if you go Videos -> Movies -> Titles you get the correctly filtered list. I would guess that's a bug as both should return the exact same listing no matter the path you take to get there, so it should be reported by someone to Github issues (follow Bug Tracker link at top of forum).
(2019-07-16, 17:26)jjd-uk Wrote: Ah hold on I think penny has dropped, you mean access the Movies section direct from the Home screen button and not by going the Videos -> Movies -> Titles path, in which that will be dependent on the path the skin uses for that button.
Yes, direct acces from the home screen button. I'm using the Aeon mQ7 skin. The rule does not work for the default Movies button on the homescreen.

When I replace the Movies menu on the home screen by selecting:
Replace Menu
Videonode
Movies
Titles, than the rule works.

But in this scenario the movie library status on the home screen is missing (total movies/unwatched) and my box set movies are not grouped.
Windows 11 Pro

the list is coming from the database ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return) and dose not link to titles.xml
@MB1968
But in this scenario the movie library status on the home screen is missing (total movies/unwatched) and my box set movies are not grouped.
you would need to make a new movies node 

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <label>10024</label>
    <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>E:\Movies\</value>
    </rule>
</node>
to remove a folder path
        <value>E:\FOLDER\</value>
    </rule>
(2019-07-17, 02:06)the_other_guy Wrote: the list is coming from the database ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return) and dose not link to titles.xml
@MB1968
you would need to make a new movies node 

xml:
    <label>10024</label>
        <value>E:\Movies\</value>
    </rule>
</node>
to remove a folder path
        <value>E:\FOLDER\</value>
    </rule>
Thanks.
Windows 11 Pro

(2019-07-16, 15:38)jjd-uk Wrote:

Yes you can do this.

I always work directly with the xml files, so for what you want you would edit the titles.xml file in the movies folder to be

xml:
<label>10024</label>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="year" operator="greaterthan"><value>1999</value></rule>
</node>

As described on wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes I copied the xml files over to my userdata folder and edited the titles.xml there.

Just coming back on this; do I just need to change the title.xml files in each node folder and all the other xml files will relate to those? Or do I need to change all the other xml files in there so they also include the same (ie only the filtered files are included for genres, years, sets, etc in that node?)

Thanks
add youtube to nodes
xml:

<node order="10" type="folder">
    <label>Hardware Unboxed</label>
    <path>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/</path>
    <icon>E:\kodi\icons\Hardware Unboxed.jpg</icon>
</node>
open youtube in web browser copy link after .com eg"user/TodayIFoundOut    channel/UCI8iQa1hv7oV_Z8D35vVuSg"

using user
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<node type="folder" order="10">

<label>TopTenz</label>

<path>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/toptenznet</path>

<icon>E:\kodi\icons\TopTenz.png</icon>

</node>

xml:

<node order="10" type="folder">
    <label>Hardware Unboxed</label>
    <path>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCI8iQa1hv7oV_Z8D35vVuSg/</path>
    <icon>E:\kodi\icons\Hardware Unboxed.jpg</icon>
</node>
Can we use nodes to filter for resolution or codec? I use strm files on my library so I must rely on nfo to get that information, can nodes look for it? If not is there a way to filter by resolution using nfos?
Thanks guys and sorry if this has already been asked before but i couldnt find it.
filter for resolution or codec?
use plugin.library.node.editor  image 1 image 4 image 3 image 2
ImageImageImageImage
(2019-10-19, 00:53)the_other_guy Wrote: filter for resolution or codec?
use plugin.library.node.editor  image 1 image 4 image 3 image 2

Awesome! Thanks for the tip and the screenshots. I'll give it a shot.
(2019-07-16, 19:29)MB1968 Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 17:26)jjd-uk Wrote: Ah hold on I think penny has dropped, you mean access the Movies section direct from the Home screen button and not by going the Videos -> Movies -> Titles path, in which that will be dependent on the path the skin uses for that button.
Yes, direct acces from the home screen button. I'm using the Aeon mQ7 skin. The rule does not work for the default Movies button on the homescreen.

When I replace the Movies menu on the home screen by selecting:
Replace Menu
Videonode
Movies
Titles, than the rule works.

Coming back to this I think I've worked out what's going on, as mentioned before the Estuary button uses a videodb:// style path and I hadn't at the time realised the implications of that. I've come to realise that when a videodb:// style path is used, it uses to query the database directly and so will take no account of the nodes and rules they have, so if you want to filer for those sort of videodb:// paths then it needs to be an SQL style query within the path.

To access the nodes so the rules they contain take effect, then the paths used in the skin must be the library:// style.

Therefore path for to Movies node is library:/videos/movies and to explicitly go to tiles it is library:/videos/movies/titles.xml

So if you change the rules for the standard included nodes and those changes are not reflected when pressing the existing main menu button when you need to check the path type used for that button and make sure it's a library:// path.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples5