• 19(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
You should be able to use "descending", "ascending" after "order direction". Other possibility would be <order>random</order> to generate a shuffled list.

If you use "descending" or "ascending", you should be able to use "title", "track", "file", "path", "lastplayed", "rating", "year", "artist", "duration", "genre" or "album" to sort by.
ADDENDUM/CORRECTION 2022/04/27
YES. It is possible to put everything in a node, even a single addon. Or a directory selected from the directory listing of this addon. 
Question 
(2016-01-22, 11:47)zag Wrote: ....
A node is basically a filtered library. 
Sorry for being pedantic, but you certainly mean "a filter showing part of the library"?

Or is it possible to have a truly filtered library? Like an anime library, which includes only what is specified and pertinent to anime, filtering out everything else? The way I understood the library node concept is that you can't split the (video) library for UI purposes --- not even the parts that are truly split within it, like movies, musicvideos, tvshows and pvr.
(2022-04-27, 11:09)DiMag Wrote: Or is it possible to have a truly filtered library? Like an anime library, which includes only what is specified and pertinent to anime, filtering out everything else?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Of course... How silly of me. Thanks again @Karellen .

To anyone wishing to reproduce:
  • Use Library Node Editor (video library) to create a parent node anime and child nodes as appropriate.
  • Create the custom menu item Anime...
  • with action (ActivateWindow(10025,"library://video/anime/",return).
  • It opens in the new node. All else is filtered out.
It goes without saying that you must have scanned to library before.
P.S.
To make it even more useful create anime smart playlists and ad them as submenus.
What does the the '10025' stand for? I tried to replicate what you said, but I get: ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/anime/",return).
(2022-04-27, 12:44)DiMag Wrote: Of course... How silly of me. Thanks again @Karellen .

To anyone wishing to reproduce:
  • Use Library Node Editor (video library) to create a parent node anime and child nodes as appropriate.
  • Create the custom menu item Anime...
  • with action (ActivateWindow(10025,"library://video/anime/",return).
  • It opens in the new node. All else is filtered out.
It goes without saying that you must have scanned to library before.
What does the the '10025' stand for? I tried to replicate what you said, but I get: ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/anime/",return).
(2022-04-27, 12:47)DiMag Wrote: P.S.
To make it even more useful create anime smart playlists and ad them as submenus.
Not every skin supports that right? I have tried Estuary, Amber and now Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded but none of them have smart playlists as far as I can see. I've found a tutorial for Aeon Nox Silvo, but that doesn't run properly on my ODROID C2.
Information 
@Zonal 

1. When you come across a code chunk "ActivateWindow(1xxxx)" you look up this number in [url=https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs[/url]. In this case, it references "videos" (video library root node, the code of which is in MyVideoNav.xml), so you could have written this as "ActivateWindow(videos)". (Or Videos, case does not matter here. The wiki actually advises you to use the named reference instead of the numerical one, but if you have to write it using Kodi's keyboard (rather than your PC's) you know that inputting numbers is MUCH faster & safer.) So if you get ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/anime/",return) this is exactly what you are supposed to be getting.

2. If you get ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/anime/",return) and nothing else this means you have not configured your anime node. You have created a root folder "anime" containing nothing but an index.xml. Read this thread top to end for advise.

3. There is no skin that does not provide access to smart playlists. On the other hand, only Confluence-based skins provide an easy way to hack into their code, including access to smart playlists. I have ever used Confluence-based skins (currently Xonfluence, Confluence Extended & Unity), so I wouldn't know how to help you with the skins you mention. Still, I cannot see how skins as accomplished as Amber, Aeon Nox Silvo and Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded make it difficult for users to access smart playlists.
Hello,
I've just been playing with library nodes.

I have all of my music videos in two folders called 'Music Videos' and 'Music Concerts' (the second folder contains live performances only)

I've created this node to just show 'Music Concerts':

<node order="50" type="filter">
    <label>133</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicArtists.png</icon>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <group>artists</group>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>nfs://xxx.xxx.x.xx/volume1/Media/Music Concerts/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">path</order>
</node>

I'm trying to group the concerts by Artist.
When I use it, it shows Artists, but when I select an artist it shows content from 'Music Videos' and 'Music Concerts'.
If I remove <group>artists</group> a list of just Music Concerts is displayed.
Is it possible to include an artist grouping just for Music Concerts? Is there an alternative way of achieving this?

I'm using the Aeon MQ8 skin.
Would like some help please. Kodi/Trakt mark things as played when they are not. What I need is some help locating these.  How do I write a script using the Last Played value. I need to be able to set this as NULL but cant get it to work. I checked the NFOs that were marked as played in error and each of them have a single playcount but no lastplayed value. Can anyone help me please on the right way to do this ?

<name>Last Played List</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="lastplayed" operator="inthelast">
        <value>NULL</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>1</value>
    </rule>
@LivingInthepast

Unfortunately you cannot use Null as a value.
At this moment, I can't think of a way to do what you need using a node, although I think a Smart playlists (wiki) would have been a better choice.

Probably your easiest solution is to browse the database. The MyVideos119.db, look at the "files" table and sort the "lastplayed" column.

To avoid adding playcounts when accidentally playing a movie, check this thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253816
Install the service.tweak.lastplayed addon. You set a time interval, say 5 minutes, where the counts and lastplayed are not updated.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks so much for the advice. Part of the issue is that I'm using Trakt and Tiny Media Manager. Trakt is sometimes picking up movies by name, not by ID for some reason and it causes playcounts to be added on somehow. I will have a look directly on the database to see what I can find.
Hi Team, need a little bit of help with this one. Below is a node that shows all the movies for "John Smith". I want to add a pic instead of an icon but want to do it from the URL. How do I reference a URL in a node for the pic ? Should be able to grab the URL from TMDB easily but I'm just not sure how to use the URL once I have it. Any help would be appreciated please. 
xml:

<node order="20" type="filter">
    <label>Playlist - John Smith</label>
    <icon>defaultplaylist.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
    <rule field="actor" operator="is">
        <value>John Smith</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</node>
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help