No HDMI Audio With Kodibuntu
I've been trying to get this problem fixed all day. Audio works on the physical computer itself but it does not work through HDMI. Please Help!!
What do you mean it works 'on the physical computer'? Do you mean through the analog sockets/headphones?
Do you have 'passthrough' enabled ... what's the other end of your HDMI connected to? Have you tried another HDMI cable?
Check your sound output settings using the Audio-Mixer Kodi addon.
What exactly have you tried?
best would be to provide a Debug Log.

But I agree with LeKodeur...answer those questions please and do what he suggests.
Yes, I mean it works through the analog sockets/headphones. Yes, I do have passthrough enabled. The other end of the HDMI is connected to my TV. Yes, I have tried another HDMI cable and I have also tried a fresh install twice. I don't believe I have tried that last suggestion though.
Do you mind trying it ... and David1977 suggestion Wink

If you have passthrough enabled, is your TV capable of multi-channel sound decoding for the sound CODECs you are trying to pass-through to it? If not and your TV is stereo (has two speakers for left and right sound channels), then turn-off passthrough and configure output as stereo to your TV.
Normally the TV should at least support DolbyDigital. It should downmix the DD5.1 track to stereo itself. This (sometimes) does not happen with DTS.

But LeKodeur is right:

- disable passthrough
- set the audio output device to "HDMI" (please don´t mix "audio output device" with "passthrough device"..those are different)
- set the channels you got (2.0)
- play some files

If this doesn´t work, and you don´t provide a Debug Log, I won´t answer anymore Wink. This is nothing personal. But I don´t have the time to hunt for ghosts and the normal way in here is: "No logfile, no issue"

What you still can do to help us helping you is:

- provide the Debug Log (<- click here for a howto)
- switch to the desktop mode or SSH (wiki) in and get us the output of:

Code:
aplay -l | pastebinit

and

Code:
aplay -L | pastebinit

Both will return an URL. For a explanation. The commands (aplay -L and aplay -l) returning infos about your audio devices and the other part( ... | pastebinit) pushes the output of that command to a paste-service such as http://pastebin.com and you will get a direct URL to that paste which you should post here.

- provide a screenshot from your audio settings showing which audio devices are available. (this is in a bit related to those commands above, but done at GUI)

If you don´t do those things, we can´t help you anymore, as those are necessary to help you. If you don´t do it, we can´t anymore.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HDMI Audio With Kodibuntu0