• 16(current)
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script...
I read that plugins post, but I still have no idea what its for, can someone explain in easy to understand terms
Ive got the joox plugin to work, however I cant seem to get the TV Links plugin to work...all thats in the file that i downloaded is the default.py file. I put the joox plugin in the video plugin folder on both the Q and E drive (where I have XBMC) its saying that its giving me the error that it cannot retrive the directory info due to network not being connected. Am I doing something wrong or is the tv links plugin ive grabbed corrupted in some way....If I havent supplied you all with enough info just let me know I will do my best to provide more. Thanks in advance
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Ive got the joox plugin to work, however I cant seem to get the TV Links plugin to work...all thats in the file that i downloaded is the default.py file. I put the joox plugin in the video plugin folder on both the Q and E drive (where I have XBMC) its saying that its giving me the error that it cannot retrive the directory info due to network not being connected. Am I doing something wrong or is the tv links plugin ive grabbed corrupted in some way....If I havent supplied you all with enough info just let me know I will do my best to provide more. Thanks in advance

Never Mind Guys found the solution to the problem I was having, it was due to me not paying attention to what I was doing.
hassan Wrote:I read that plugins post, but I still have no idea what its for, can someone explain in easy to understand terms
Did you watch the youtube video posted above? The plugin provides the same possibilties as the TVLinks script, but it is accessible from the VIDEO screen, not the SCRIPTS screen. You can browse it like a hard disk, lastFM or Shoutcast.
With a video on hdd or samba share, you would browse to the share, the folder and select the video you want to play. With the plugin you would select TVLinks, TV Shows, Arrested Development, Season 1, Episode 1 and it plays the video. Clear enough or is there still a part of this that you don't understand?
I didn't get to watch the youtube video, was on linksboks reading post. seems like a cool feature
A little help would be greatly appreciated Smile
So far I have installed TV-Links via ftp as well as using the built in installer (currently using the newest t3ch build for XBMC)
Finally managed to get the .py to load up for TV-Links but I am now getting these errors

Error
Error creating buttons
'FocusedColor' is an invalid keyword argument for this function

and

Error
Error initializing script
reason: list index out of range

Then the gui's bg will load but has no menus or images, the small TV-Links logo in the upper left corner and the word "test" next to that. Menu will of course take me back to the main menu with no further errors.
I have checked the wiki and have found nothing on this issue and I haven't found anything in the forum search on a list of tvlink.py errors and corrections (if there is such a beast)

additional info on the Xbox itself:
I am currently using the Unleash-X dashboard with a soft modded unit. version 0.39.022a build 572

Any help on this is greatly appreciated and an all around howdy to everyone here Smile
Forgot to mention that I am using XBMC as the dash itself and only use the Unleash-X dash if I need more detailed system info.
change all FocusedColor -> focusedColor
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:change all FocusedColor -> focusedColor

Ahhh, where would I do that? I have no python experience and am brand new to XBMC and such. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you for the info on what to change as well Smile
Gokenin Wrote:Ahhh, where would I do that? I have no python experience and am brand new to XBMC and such. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you for the info on what to change as well Smile
Grab any editor, such as notepad.exe on windows, open default.py, do a search and replace (Ctrl-H) and let it replace all occurances of FocusedColor to focusedColor. Save the document, re-upload it.
Unbehagen,
I reinstalled the script fresh and did a search in the py file, there is only one instance of 'focusedColor' and none others, I do apologize for my initial post, I see that I had used a F instead of the f. However, my issue is still happening even with a fresh install with a verified instance of the 'focusedColor" error.
I have pasted the block of code that it is within below. I do greatly appreciate the help with this problem Smile

def makeButtons(self):
try:
self.btnCategories = []
for i in range(len(self.Cats)):
btn = xbmcgui.ControlButton(25, (130)+27*i, (247)-((100))+20, 27, self.Cats[i],textXOffset=30, focusTexture=IMAGE_DIR + self.Cats[i]+'NF'+'.png', noFocusTexture=IMAGE_DIR + self.Cats[i]+'NF'+'.png', textColor='0xFFAAAAAA',focusedColor='0xFFFFFFFF')
self.addControl(btn)
self.btnCategories.append(btn)

for i in range(len(self.Cats)):
self.btnCategories[i].controlUp(self.btnCategories[i-1])
self.btnCategories[i].controlDown(self.btnCategories[(i+1) % len(self.Cats)])
self.btnCategories[i].controlRight(self.ctrlList)
except Exception, e:
dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
dialog.ok("Error", "Error creating buttons.\n\nReason:\n"+str(e))
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but im gonna try....would it be possible for someone to make wide icons to use for the joox and tvlinks sources? thanks
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but im gonna try....would it be possible for someone to make wide icons to use for the joox and tvlinks sources? thanks

As far as I know, Joox and TVLinks don't provide individual icons for shows and movies themselves. It might be possible to achieve this with the plugins instead of the scripts. Because you browse TVLinks as if it was a folder, you can do all the things with it that would be possible with a folder, such as changing the folder icon and even the scrapers worked for me last time I tried.
Gokenin Wrote:Unbehagen,
I reinstalled the script fresh and did a search in the py file, there is only one instance of 'focusedColor' and none others, I do apologize for my initial post, I see that I had used a F instead of the f. However, my issue is still happening even with a fresh install with a verified instance of the 'focusedColor" error.
You can try removing the whole focusedColor keyword:
Code:
btn = xbmcgui.ControlButton(25, (130)+27*i, (247)-((100))+20, 27, self.Cats[i],textXOffset=30, textColor='0xFFAAAAAA',focusedColor='0xFFFFFFFF')
Maybe this works for you? Strange though that it works for thousands of users and on your box it just doesn't know about that keyword. Did you really make sure you have the latest T3CH SVN compile? We're not talking about the STABLE release here...
Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I guess it's kinda related. Anyway, here's my question about using TV Links and the other stuff as plugins, rather than scripts (which is working great for me, and looks great being integrated into the XBMC system more closely).

Will the plugins/listings still update themselves, since there's no longer an option to do this manually using the white button (refreshing the genre on Apple Movie Trailers, for instance)?

Great work, by the way. It's really appreciated.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script...2