• 8(current)
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script...
solidz Wrote:For some reason alot of the videos are out of synch with the audio, I have the newest version of XBMC(You can tell by the mouth movement is off from audio). Is anyone else experiancing this?

I also experienced this and other problems with the latest T3CH release, so I tried the latest (less known) GasGiver release and it worked like a charm. Even some scripts reported non-working with current releases worked better with that release. I'm using 17.Jun.2007.XBMC.XBOX.MediaCenter.2.0.GasGiver. Maybe this could fix your problems.
Thumbs Up 
many thanks...

Unbehagen Wrote:I also experienced this and other problems with the latest T3CH release, so I tried the latest (less known) GasGiver release and it worked like a charm. Even some scripts reported non-working with current releases worked better with that release. I'm using 17.Jun.2007.XBMC.XBOX.MediaCenter.2.0.GasGiver. Maybe this could fix your problems.

I tried 17.Jun.2007.XBMC.XBOX.MediaCenter.2.0.GasGiver and I still experiance the problem. It seems worse because now my youtube audio is skiping.

But i'm going to try to re-install it again and see what happens.
solidz Wrote:I tried 17.Jun.2007.XBMC.XBOX.MediaCenter.2.0.GasGiver and I still experiance the problem. It seems worse because now my youtube audio is skiping.

But i'm going to try to re-install it again and see what happens.

Edit: I reinstall it and did a fresh install and still experiance the problems.
solidz Wrote:Edit: I reinstall it and did a fresh install and still experiance the problems.

That's so strange! I installed that version on 4 different Xboxes and never had these kinds of problems. Contact me via PM, maybe I can help you out.
Unbehagen Wrote:That's so strange! I installed that version on 4 different Xboxes and never had these kinds of problems. Contact me via PM, maybe I can help you out.

Ooops. Wrong information. Turns out the folder my XBMC is in is called GasGiver something, but the actual release it contains is not. Wonder how this could happen. I just uploaded my release for one user that had problems. If it turns out to be working for him I could imagine sharing it with others.
First. Thanks for getting this script out!
First thing I thought of when I hear about the tv-link.co.uk was "Ok.. now I gotta see if there is a XBMC script for it."

I installed the (newest? i hope) gas giver XBMC last night (as the script didn't work on my 12/06 release of t3ch) and it did work, but I noticed that some of the shows (Scrubs, in my case) work fine, but then they all started acting strange. (The video was in fast forward, but the audio was normal) Other videos didn't do this. I am perfectly happy with the fact that the script works and I can still watch other stuff (hell I even watched an episode of Duck Tales.. yes I'm old)

Anyways, I saw other people say the audio was off with the video. Anyone else experiencing the 'fast forward' effect on any of their videos?
kain9i6 Wrote:First. Thanks for getting this script out!
First thing I thought of when I hear about the tv-link.co.uk was "Ok.. now I gotta see if there is a XBMC script for it."

I installed the (newest? i hope) gas giver XBMC last night (as the script didn't work on my 12/06 release of t3ch) and it did work, but I noticed that some of the shows (Scrubs, in my case) work fine, but then they all started acting strange. (The video was in fast forward, but the audio was normal) Other videos didn't do this. I am perfectly happy with the fact that the script works and I can still watch other stuff (hell I even watched an episode of Duck Tales.. yes I'm old)

Anyways, I saw other people say the audio was off with the video. Anyone else experiencing the 'fast forward' effect on any of their videos?

i am not having these problems... try the latest regular t3ch unstable release instead of the gasgiver.... i am not sure what you mean by "fast forward" is it literally in fast forward or is it just out of synch with the audio by a second or two? if the latter is the case, you can fix the synching problem by accessing the menu during a video and changing the audio delay settings....
SyPhy Wrote:i am not having these problems... try the latest regular t3ch unstable release instead of the gasgiver.... i am not sure what you mean by "fast forward" is it literally in fast forward or is it just out of synch with the audio by a second or two? if the latter is the case, you can fix the synching problem by accessing the menu during a video and changing the audio delay settings....

It really is in a fast forward state..

The audio starts, then the video just takes off and if left unchecked will end before about a quarter of the episode is over. Looks like it's in about 4x fast forward state. What is the release date of the latest t3ch. I did like that release.

Also, on a side note.. when streaming 'locks up' (sometimes when I try to watch a video it will sit at the "caching" screen and the xbox will seem to lock up, where as I can hear the clicking of everything and i can press cancel and it will sit and say cancelling, but nothing else happens. is there any way to not have that happen, or maybe a combination of buttons on the remote that I can press to do the reset, rather than having to get up and press the power button? Just curious.
About the Movies,

I think alot of them aren't working now because alot of them are being uploaded to Veoh (http://www.veoh.com/) and I think that the script might not be compatible with it (just a theory) if this is the case would it be relatively easy to fix?
Xeijin Wrote:About the Movies,

I think alot of them aren't working now because alot of them are being uploaded to Veoh (http://www.veoh.com/) and I think that the script might not be compatible with it (just a theory) if this is the case would it be relatively easy to fix?

For me, the veoh ones are working,...
I watched the last 2 seasons of Curb your Enthusiasm, where most episodes are hosted at veoh.
Unbehagen Wrote:For me, the veoh ones are working,...
I watched the last 2 seasons of Curb your Enthusiasm, where most episodes are hosted at veoh.

Hey,

Could you try Hairspray or Pirates of the Caribbean (At world's end) and see if they work for you? I can't understand why it would be just a movie problem...
Xeijin Wrote:Hey,

Could you try Hairspray or Pirates of the Caribbean (At world's end) and see if they work for you? I can't understand why it would be just a movie problem...

Hairspray seems to be really down and Pirates is hosted at BrightCove, which is currently unsupported by the script afaik.
Yeah the Curb Your Enthusiasm works perfectly, It's weird that most of the newest films (just tried shrek the third too) seem to fail, shrek works fine for me via PC, as does Hairspray Huh
I'd also like to add my appreciation. I was already amazed at XBMC (being quite new to it), but this opens it up on a whole new level! Here I went and put a 250GB hard drive in, and I'm barely using it now! Big Grin

There was a mention on Page 8 (I think it was) about videos suddenly stopping after a few minutes, which is something I've experienced. Is it because the videos are hosted on Veoh as mentioned in the previous posts? Actually, let me find those posts and put them here for clarification...

pheonixstar15 Wrote:For me the script plays a few minutes of the video and then stops. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? I have the newest build thats available.

chowds Wrote:I got that too with veoh streams.

Is this the case, then? It's to do with the Veoh streams? I couldn't find any more mention of this happening. If so, is there anything I can do to try and avoid the problem, or is there a way to tell where the video is hosted before starting to watch? Any advice would be great, but it's not a big deal. (I've got the latest versions of XBMC and the TV Links script, by the way)

Thanks again for an excellent script. It's made me very happy Big Grin
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script...2