Win Logitech Harmony + Intel NUC6
Hello,

I've read the "how to guides" on the wiki page but still having great difficulty getting my Logitech utlimate one to work with Kodi,

Ive just purchased a Intel NUC6i3SKYH, it has a built in IR Reciever, my logitech uses RF then a IR blaster to the NUC,

So far, using the Logitech software ive only managed to add a device under intel NUC which im able to use a limited number of commands, but for example the back bottom does not go back ect, ive tried adding a micrsoft MCE keyboard but doesnt seem any of these commands work on the NUC.

Im lost Sad any help appricated, Many Thanks

Kieran
(2016-01-26, 23:45)kieran_je Wrote: Hello,

I've read the "how to guides" on the wiki page but still having great difficulty getting my Logitech utlimate one to work with Kodi,

Ive just purchased a Intel NUC6i3SKYH, it has a built in IR Reciever, my logitech uses RF then a IR blaster to the NUC,

So far, using the Logitech software ive only managed to add a device under intel NUC which im able to use a limited number of commands, but for example the back bottom does not go back ect, ive tried adding a micrsoft MCE keyboard but doesnt seem any of these commands work on the NUC.

Im lost Sad any help appricated, Many Thanks

Kieran

Try the Harmony link in my signature.
Hi Warner,

Thanks for the response. i have tried following your guide, however the Microsoft MCE keyboard doesnt seem to do anything, currently the only device that works with the logitech and NUC is searching for intel NUC5XXXX, i have a limited number of commands such as navigation but thats it, when trying to edit the buttons throught the software, for example ok = enter (MCE Keyboard), info = i (MCE Keyboard), these buttons are not on the remote Sad

Thans for the help
Hi Guys, im still having issues with this setup, it seems the MCE keyboard just doesnt work with Intel NUC6, ive only managed to find intel nuc5 commands in the logitech software but its missing many keyboard commands such as context menu, back button, info. any other ideas?

Thanks
(2016-01-27, 10:46)kieran_je Wrote: Hi Warner,

Thanks for the response. i have tried following your guide, however the Microsoft MCE keyboard doesnt seem to do anything, currently the only device that works with the logitech and NUC is searching for intel NUC5XXXX, i have a limited number of commands such as navigation but thats it, when trying to edit the buttons throught the software, for example ok = enter (MCE Keyboard), info = i (MCE Keyboard), these buttons are not on the remote Sad

Thans for the help

You are saying some of the commands in the Harmony database for the NUC cannot be reprogrammed in a keyboard.xml? I would set the commands for all buttons and download showkey linked in the guide. Showkey will tell you the actual keypresses sent by each command. These key presses can then be used to program Kodi commands by creating a keyboard.xml.
Hi Warner,

Thanks again for your support, so far i have 2 devices, intel nuc and mce keyboard, ive create a new activity "watch tv", it seems none of the mce keyboard commands work with intel nuc / kodi. if i just use the intel nuc device i dont get all of the commands i need. to be totally honest im not sure i understand the keyboard.xml
Not sure if im being stupid, but my logitech harmony software isnt installed on my intel nuc, its on my laptop, does this make a difference?
(2016-01-27, 23:19)kieran_je Wrote: Not sure if im being stupid, but my logitech harmony software isnt installed on my intel nuc, its on my laptop, does this make a difference?

No. If commands for the NUC are being read. Fill out an entire keymap with the Intel NUC device, even if the commands are not read natively by Kodi. Download showkey (from the link in the guide). Point your remote at the IR receiver with showkey on the screen and see if any commands come up. If so, you can convert these key commands into Kodi commands.

This conversion is handled in a keyboard.xml as shown in the section where showkey is linked.

I should mention I am interested in the outcome seeing this is the newest version of the NUC. I am fairly certain, older models were compatible with MCE Keyboard. The demise of WMC on Windows 10 may have driven this decision to change the receiver.
I will test again tonight, i managed to add a windows 10 device the logitech again only a certain amount of commands work, but i can seem to find a full functioning keyboard to work with kodi, will post the keybindings tonight. Thanks
I added 2 devices to operate Kodi, Microsoft Media Extender & Microsoft MCE Keyboard.

Quote:when trying to edit the buttons through the software, for example ok = enter (MCE Keyboard), info = i (MCE Keyboard), these buttons are not on the remote

The media extender gives you basic functions but for "info" you have to decide what button on the remote you want to use and program that in the Harmony software. So go to customize buttons, choose an activity (Kodi), choose the button you want info on, select Keyboard for the device and choose i.
(2016-01-28, 14:28)Qtrmeg Wrote: I added 2 devices to operate Kodi, Microsoft Media Extender & Microsoft MCE Keyboard.

Quote:when trying to edit the buttons through the software, for example ok = enter (MCE Keyboard), info = i (MCE Keyboard), these buttons are not on the remote

The media extender gives you basic functions but for "info" you have to decide what button on the remote you want to use and program that in the Harmony software. So go to customize buttons, choose an activity (Kodi), choose the button you want info on, select Keyboard for the device and choose i.

Thats what i am doing, but the MCE keybord does not register anything on the NUC, i will set up showkey tonight on the nuc and double check
Hello again,

OK, ive installed showkey on the nuc and set up a windows MCE keyboard as a device on the Harmony remote,

for a test i assigned the info key on my remote to "I" on the keyboard, absoolutly nothing happens on show key, i then used my intel remove on my phone and pressed "i" and i get Key ID: 231 (oxE7) - VK_PACKET = <i>Notification(Key,i,3)

So it seems the microsoft MCE keybaord does not even register key strokes with the nuc.

The only device that seems to work is Microsoft Media Centre, but im missing many commands such as i, page down, page up ect.

Help lol
In fairness most of the media functions work such as play, stop, fast forward,

id just like to assign my back back botton the remote as blackslash, exit as escape, channel down as page down, channel up as page up, info as i and guide as @ to register with a on screen guide with an add on
Use the MCE Keyboard addon to allow those functions in Kodi, should work like a charm (as I have a NUC with both the MCE Keyboard and Microsoft Media Extender in my Logitech profile, and made the additional functions work, using the MCE Keyboard addon (Info, Back, DVR, Guide, etc) within Kodi.
You can also check this forum post...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=177381

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony + Intel NUC60