• 77(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Hello everyone and my deepest apologies. For the longest time - apparently two years, I had lost interest in developing this theme any further because I had completely stopped using Kodi! Emby has an app that works seamlessly with Samsung SmarTVs and there's just been no sense. However, as I've encountered speed bumps along the way that Kodi had no issues with, I realized that 2020 was the time to return to this skin.

First Announcement: The first post of this thread will be overhauled to reflect that effectively, new development is beginning. I already know that links do not work. These will be updated. If you are using the UI Sound Resources you will be prompted for an update. If for some reason you are still using the 3.x or 4.x series of this skin, any notices that appear at startup will be removed.

Second Announcement: A lot has changed since the 3.x series. There's Arctic Zephyr 2 and people build their own dedicated media streaming servers. In fact, one of the reasons I am doing this is for my own Video Media Server. Expect a 'classic' but 'modern' experience - a touch of Zephyr 2 with the familiarity of Zephyr. Things like the EPG interface, series browser, etc. will be heavily focused on.

Third Announcement: It will officially be called "Arctic Zephyr: Generations." It will carry the version number 20.0.00. Once it's usable for Kodi, you'll be able to try it out under version 19 so you can seamlessly update it to version 20.

Fourth Announcement: Support is going to get a whole lot easier. You'll see how soon enough. It might cost me $170/mo but it'll be a lot easier for my sanity. And of course, there's always the thread here.

I Will Need Help: Look, going at a project alone is a daunting task. Back during 3.x and 4.x I had help and I wouldn't mind contributors again. Just reach out to me here or via PM if you're interested. Collaboration is so easy nowadays and working together we can get a new release out sooner than I alone. 

Feature Requests: Development isn't planned to start to begin for 2 weeks. So please, if you have a feature request for Generations (v20), please, post it here and I will add it to the feature request board which I will make publicly available as soon as I readily can!
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Progress Update #1
The final release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is scheduled for this release; bumping the version to 3.4.80. It removes the legacy notification for those of you still using an older version of Kodi. I know that was an annoying point for you all. It cannot be reenabled - not even by the options in the Settings Menu.

Tye new NortheBridge by Design Repository, version 20.0.0 will be released this week. It will contain requirements for the upcoming Arctic Zephyr: Generations (AZ:GEN). It will also have backwards compatibility with Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes.

As this is part of my personal Video Media Server (VMS) project, a 20.2.1 release will come out later this month. I encourage submissions to the repository including your own skins and modifications. You will be given access to upload/download independently on your own segment of the object-store. 

Arctic Zephyr: Generations will enter Early Alpha in two Mondays as 19.0.0_alpha1. It will be highly unstable but I hope you will be able to file bug reports to help prioritize issues.

I will update this thread when the stuff for this week is available!
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Thanks for your work, any updates?
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
Waiting for it. Thanks
(2020-04-18, 23:21)Mutenroy74 Wrote: Waiting for it. Thanks

You'll be waiting a while, and that's IF there is anything to wait for.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7