• 74(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2017-03-03, 02:21)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 02:55)Blurayx Wrote: Hi Guardian Hope,

I have not used Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes for at least two months. one that was improving was the music OSD. I liked minimalist flip album artwork, it was perfect. I don't know whats happened but now it's lost its minimalist look. as you can see the background artwork is pushed to the top plus I can't disable it in the settings.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes beta 10

previous version. please ignored the vinyl album displayed in the photo

Thanks

Hey @Blurayx, sorry for the long wait in response but I was planning things out in regards to this because the Music OSD you posted (both versions) I really do not like whatsoever. And so, if you can hold on for two updates there's a planned Music Update that I talked about above (AZ:FA 5.1) which should take care of Music once and for all by making it a nice experience instead of... well, that.

It would have been in 5.0 but life came up (ER, etc.) so I figured "why not have a Music only update?"

No problem. Thanks for the heads up

Get well soon Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
I'm running the Northbridge repository build of:
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (Preview) -- v4.9.92-beta10
On Kodi 17.1-RC2

I've searched this post and can't find an answer to the issue I'm having with this skin..

On the home screen, I can't get widgets working unless I use the "Default - Horizontal" menu style.

If I choose any other option, Vertical or Classic, the widgets don't show.

In the other views, instead of the widgets I choose, I get the default list of movies (random order) for both Movies & TV home menu options.

Because each menu style will show this list of random movies, we know the skin supports the media lists. The skin just won't accept the ones I choose.

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!
(2017-03-16, 11:56)RKMFlorida Wrote: I'm running the Northbridge repository build of:
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (Preview) -- v4.9.92-beta10
On Kodi 17.1-RC2

I've searched this post and can't find an answer to the issue I'm having with this skin..

On the home screen, I can't get widgets working unless I use the "Default - Horizontal" menu style.

If I choose any other option, Vertical or Classic, the widgets don't show.

In the other views, instead of the widgets I choose, I get the default list of movies (random order) for both Movies & TV home menu options.

Because each menu style will show this list of random movies, we know the skin supports the media lists. The skin just won't accept the ones I choose.

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

It's a known issue and if I'm not mistaken, I believe someone posted a fix a few pages back; I just haven't had the time to integrate it into the skin and any such fixes won't appear to 5.0 (you'll see why I mentioned that in a moment).

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (Preview) March Update 1 will be released this weekend. It is a staging update (meaning it's going to reset a few skin settings to fix a few problems that cropped up from the Alpha and Beta releases. It is the last preview update before Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 5 is released and has the version number of 4.9.99-beta11.

It would have been released today but I'm going to the Beauty and the Beast Opening Night event in Universal City after spending all of yesterday at the ER again.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Hi Guardian,

Hope you are well, and not in and out of the hospital anymore... Smile

Was wondering if you could give a update on when you hope the next releases will come?? Smile Are really looking forward to see some new things from you here Smile

Frank
Is Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age out?
I upgraded to LE 9 which includes Kodi 18 so cant install From Ashes. Sad
(2017-04-05, 21:34)Nekromantik Wrote: Is Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age out?

Sorry, I've been trying to get these forums to let me login for weeks. It just kept going in circles - try different browsers, different computers, heck, even different networks. Someone needs to take a look to see what the heck is wrong with this forum's login system; that's been quite annoying.

Anyways, no, For Another Age isn't out even for preview yet. Still wrapping up From Ashes 5 actually.

I've just been too busy with general life stuff to even work on any of this on the side. However, we'll slowly get there.
(2017-04-09, 14:35)Guardian Hope Wrote:

Sorry, I've been trying to get these forums to let me login for weeks. It just kept going in circles - try different browsers, different computers, heck, even different networks. Someone needs to take a look to see what the heck is wrong with this forum's login system; that's been quite annoying.

Anyways, no, For Another Age isn't out even for preview yet. Still wrapping up From Ashes 5 actually.

I've just been too busy with general life stuff to even work on any of this on the side. However, we'll slowly get there.

Thats cool Smile

That sounds bad. I not logged out but now wont bother logging out haha.
Hope your feeling better,
Is there any way to add multiple widgets per item? Like have 3-4 widgets for tv shows, same for movies... TIA
(2017-03-29, 15:57)osberg Wrote: Hi Guardian,

Hope you are well, and not in and out of the hospital anymore... Smile

Was wondering if you could give a update on when you hope the next releases will come?? Smile Are really looking forward to see some new things from you here Smile

Frank

I'm actually getting back on track now to start releasing updates regularly. I know there are people eagerly waiting a proper From Ashes 5 release but health and life issues came up just before the big debut.

I am excited to announce Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 5 will be released by May 1, 2017.

An interim release: 4.9.99-beta11 will be released just prior to From Ashes 5 to reset specific settings that no longer exist or aren't exposed by the skin anymore.

I know I already touched base to say For Another Age isn't out yet as that's post-From Ashes 5 but when you mentioned LE 9 it reminded me: For Another Age may have a sub-project to build the most advanced Kodi box in existence using x64 HEVC playback capable APU. Of course, I need to get permission I believe to launch such a sub-project from Team Kodi as well as garner contributing developers to help build a first class Debian [or Ubuntu - haven't decided] based OS that has two purposes: run Kodi with For Another Age by default and act as a Video Media Server through Emby (I also need to speak to the great folks over there).

(2017-04-13, 23:31)pence Wrote: Is there any way to add multiple widgets per item? Like have 3-4 widgets for tv shows, same for movies... TIA

Not yet, but since Jurialmonkey added it to the vanilla AZ I am going to take a look at adapting it to From Ashes in either From Ashes 5.1 or 5.2.

Seeking Coding Contributors

None of the infrastructure has been setup yet for this but the From Ashes Project is seeking additional coding contributors to help collaborate and develop the skin further. If you are interested, post here or shoot me a PM (my inbox is pretty full so posting here would be appreciated). Again, this is for the From Ashes skin and not the aforementioned Kodi Box project since there's still a lot of hoops I need to jump through for that.
Look forward to it Smile
I gone back to Kodi 18 for now anyway
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with incorporating a small piece of code into this awesome skin on my kodi. The goal is to show the external IP on the main screen (i.e. next to the word Home, which is on the top right when the menus are in Vertical) when kodi is opened.

I try to follow the instruction in this link (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41383...ge-via-xml) but after half day of messing around with the codes and files within the skin, I finally come to the conclusion that the C++ courses I took more than 10 years ago is not helping me much in figuring it out how to add the codes.

Can someone please help?
Hello guys,

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes feels like a big mystery for me right now, and I hope you can help clear things up.

First of all, I have been trying to acces your homepage for what feels like years, but I never actually been able to get anything else than "Error - Bad gateway" up from northebridge.com. Is something wrong on my end? I feel like that homepage has been advertised for so long time, that I must be missing something?

Secondly, I have been running your KODI 16 version for a long time, and it is mostly perfect. I am still a bit on the fence about updating to KODI 17, because SPMC is still not there yet. But it seems like you have made it really difficult to grab the KODI 16 versions now. Are you purposely trying to hold off people from using the KODI 16 release for a reason?

Third, it is extremely confusing with all the titles. I am really confused why for example Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age is mentioned, when no information on it is available? I find myself searching around google and youtube to find something about your releases, only to finally find out it maybe doesn't exist yet?

Finally.. I must admit, I think I am definitely missing something on the newest Danvers. It doesn't look like the screenshots here in the thread on my systems, and it doesn't look anything like the Jarvis release?
Is the menu really supposed to look like this? Or is something completely messed up here?
(2017-04-24, 18:17)johnjohn22 Wrote: Hello guys,

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes feels like a big mystery for me right now, and I hope you can help clear things up.

First of all, I have been trying to acces your homepage for what feels like years, but I never actually been able to get anything else than "Error - Bad gateway" up from northebridge.com. Is something wrong on my end? I feel like that homepage has been advertised for so long time, that I must be missing something?

Secondly, I have been running your KODI 16 version for a long time, and it is mostly perfect. I am still a bit on the fence about updating to KODI 17, because SPMC is still not there yet. But it seems like you have made it really difficult to grab the KODI 16 versions now. Are you purposely trying to hold off people from using the KODI 16 release for a reason?

Third, it is extremely confusing with all the titles. I am really confused why for example Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age is mentioned, when no information on it is available? I find myself searching around google and youtube to find something about your releases, only to finally find out it maybe doesn't exist yet?

Finally.. I must admit, I think I am definitely missing something on the newest Danvers. It doesn't look like the screenshots here in the thread on my systems, and it doesn't look anything like the Jarvis release?
Is the menu really supposed to look like this? Or is something completely messed up here?
I prefer the old menus settings too

Yep, that's the settings menu. Dreadful isn't it?
Looks like development has stalled/stopped/vanished.
Granted, he's under no obligation to continue anything.
It would be better to simply move on.
I'm currently using Eminence mod, development seems to be far more active.
Although I'm waiting for updates on Bit(ten) and Aeon (see the WIP section)
(2017-04-26, 16:00)lusephur Wrote:

Yep, that's the settings menu. Dreadful isn't it?
Looks like development has stalled/stopped/vanished.
Granted, he's under no obligation to continue anything.
It would be better to simply move on.
I'm currently using Eminence mod, development seems to be far more active.
Although I'm waiting for updates on Bit(ten) and Aeon (see the WIP section)
I actually really thought it was a bug in my version or something, but yeah, I find it dreadful. But I guess it is a matter of taste, cannot really question what other people like.
And sure, the devs have no obligations, so they are free to leave it whenever and however they want. I just always had the feeling that something is about to happen on this skin. And boy, did I like the KODI 16 version..

But I guess I am moving on then. I looked into your suggestion, thanks a lot for them. However none of them unfortunately really fall into my taste. For whatever reason I find all three of them pretty hard on the eyes. I guess I am very picky. I will probably go with Arctic Zephyr+ for now.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7