• 75(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Anyone has this integrated with PlexBMC?
Development of From Ashes had been/was put on hold for a variety of reasons one of which was CO2 poisoning. Recent months had me busy but we should be getting development back on track for the summer (and by for the summer I mean May).

It was almost canceled but the Kodi 17 version just can't be left as a disaster (at least, that's how I view it right now because it was never finished) and let's just say this project got a second wind.

For those of you getting bad gateway errors on the repo or anywhere else, that should be resolved fairly soon. A lot of services are being shuffled around between DC and Orlando so once that settles down no more bad gateway errors.

In other words: "excuse our mess while we tidy up." And: we're back.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Okay everyone, I'm going to make this a little short as it's still up in the air. The future of From Ashes will be posted this weekend. The Kodi 16 version of From Ashes I hear can't be downloaded so I will fix that. If you're running From Ashes 4 (Kodi Krypton) well... in private messaging I've been calling it a complete disaster to some that really formulated due to trying to remove Exploded's problematic code and updating the skin to Krypton at the same time.

The point is, probably by the time this weekend is out, a big reset button is going to be pushed.

Also, the older From Ashes for Kodi 16 will be made available in any repository it may have been removed from while we fix the mess.

Basically: check back this weekend.
Hello,

I only want widget on movies and TV shows.
You i disable?
If i choose none it automatically set fallback widgets.
(2017-05-14, 14:08)Zpower Wrote: Hello,

I only want widget on movies and TV shows.
You i disable?
If i choose none it automatically set fallback widgets.

Widgets have been an issue. I am assuming you are on Kodi 17? Right now widgets aren't currently functioning right which I do apologize for.

I am currently working behind the scenes on the foundation of the next generation From Ashes - one that's done properly and not the version people have now (I feel like I should publicly apologize for releasing the 4.x series).

@minus0 is returning and I am working with @jurialmunkey on some alignment permissions. The official update on the next generation AZ:FA to support Kodi 17 will be coming in the next few days. What I do know is that we will use a new branch - the "Caitlin Snow branch" under Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age. We will focus 100% on Kodi 17 and move to Kodi 18 development when we're ready and not just shove something out the door like we did originally with Kodi 17 and the reason I feel like I should publicly apologize for From Ashes on Kodi 17 as it's not representative in any way of the quality that the From Ashes Project should have released.

Please post your questions and concerns here and I will try to answer them the best I can on the new direction to fix our mistakes.

Updates to Kodi 16's From Ashes and the current Kodi 17 From Ashes will be released hopefully this week explaining what will be happening next. Don't worry, the prompt will be something you can turn off on the first run.

Again, I do sincerely apologize for the current From Ashes 4.x released for Kodi 17 and hope we can restore your faith in the Arctic Zephyr: Exploded and Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes formula. We will also be naturally incorporating Arctic Zephyr: Braz which was something we got permission to do before in the new direction.
Hi guys,

I cant seem to get view options to stick. I can set the option in any given menu to, say, wall, or big list, or tiles, etc. but as soon as I exit the menu and go back in, the view has reverted to the default list option. Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks
Hey Guardian Hope

Just wanted to say that I really love your skin! (Kodi 17.1 with Libreelec, Raspi 3, setup to look like the Netflix interface). Many thanks for your efforts!
Help please

Setting up kodi using this Skin.
Loaded TV shows up to my library and customising the main menu now.
Just setting up Widgets and no matter what I press it says getting directory listing ..... and nothing. Load bar on screen has hardly moved and it's like this for 10 minutes now.

Kodi 17.1 clean installation this evening.

P.s. just clicked on cancel and it's cancelling.... but that looks like it's stuck too. Nothing is responsive at all
Hello,

I'm using Kodi 17.3 and really like Arctic Zephyr. However i'm not the most experienced Kodi user, so can you please help me with following questions;

1- There's rotten tomatoes section in Movie Information page. However it doesn't work for me. It doesn't show anything, only "No information available" How can i fix that?

2-I have 4K movies. But when i'm inside movies section on the list, it's written SD for 4K movies. Beside that it writes HD2160p. But anyway, i don't likw to see SD there. For 720p and 1080ps it's written HD.
Where does it save the skin backup at on Android? It doesn't ask me where I want to put it. Just says, "backup complete"
I am so sorry everyone - I have been away on medical issues. I will get to each of your questions in a followup post but for now I want to announce the future of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes.

Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age

A new Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes experience is coming. Our Windows 8 blunder (pun totally intended) is over and @minus0 and myself are back to bring a newer, better experience to From Ashes than ever before. The Ultra High Definition experience Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age combines the best of two great skins: Arctic Zephyr: Braz ("AZ:B") and Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes ("AZ:FA"), the continuation of Arctic Zephyr: Exploded ("AZ:E"). We will be working, schedule permitting, to build a great experience that combines what you should really expect from the From Ashes project.

All media will be supported in the best way possible as the merge of AZ:FA and AZ:B brings a new unified experience never before seen in Arctic Zephyr with functionality that hasn't been implemented on skins before now. Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age represents a paradigm shift and will continue the legacies of the skins that built it. Integration with Emby is standard. Tested officially for OSMC. We'll let the community test LibreElec (I honestly don't like those guys but see why people use LE). Plex support will likely need community help. I don't use Plex - never have and never will as I never liked it. I came from Windows Media Center - MediaBrowser which later became Emby is what I know.

Licensing is a little more complicated. I haven't decided what we will use for the For Another Age components. For base skin components that may be retained in For Another Age that are coded by @jurialmonkey will follow Creative Commons (read: the joke of a license) only because it's in our right to license our changes in a way that we want while his stuff is licensed the way he wants (this is basic law). The reason for this is, at least according to his PM: "protecting his right to sell the [original] skin" which I understand. Don't quite understand why you would want to sell a Kodi skin. On the other hand, the From Ashes Project is based on protecting the designs of For Another Age and its contributors rather than any potential monetary gain and I have always stuck to this principle. Nevertheless, we are all entitled to our principle selection.

This has been stated for if it comes up later.

For Another Age will be getting an updated From Ashes Audio Suite containing a lot more sounds. This is because of all the new functionality coming.

For Another Age, like From Ashes, is large and resource intensive. It's designed on the premise of looking beautiful on a UHD (4K) screen. I want everyone to be prepared for that. Nevertheless, I use RaspPi's too and I will make sure it runs on that platform.

My estimation is that the skin size when package will be in the 200 Megabytes and unpackaged at about double (400 Megabytes). This is of course due to the UHD quality and pretty much sticking to Exploded's recipe of cramming in great features.

So, let's get everything on record. UHD designed - yes. Built for all media - yes. Designed to support as many platforms as possible - yes. Have no issues running the latest Kodi - yes. A master of all trades - naturally. Former emulator support coming - oh yeah. This will be the definitive edition.

Prepare for the next generation: prepare for For Another Age.

Development has begun. Previews soon. Milestone releases when ready.

The NBD repository will be checked for issues. Any issues will be fixed. The namespace of For Another Age will change from "fromashes" to "foranotherage" and all final releases prior to For Another Age will notify of For Another Age and direct you to download it when it is complete and ready and we will nag you about it because essentially we will have end of life any previous version for a richer, complete, and proper experience.

The games changed and our friendly competitors over at Arctic Zephyr: Plus are about to see why For Another Age is the premiere skin of choice (don't worry AZTongue folks, I love you all and I have always called the "competition" friendly - it allows both of us to grow from each other).

In the great words of Clara Oswald from Doctor Who: run you clever boy and remember.

And in the great words of myself: you aren't going to forget what's about to be delivered.

Working Widgets. Coming Soon. ™

For Another Age Developers: GuardianHope, minus0
For Another Age Publisher: NortheBridge Entertainment Media Group
For Another Age Community: Completely amazing because without you all none of this would be possible.

I am excited for the From Ashes project future as For Another Age. It will be everything we promised and hopefully we'll live down the Windows 8 and Windows Vista blunder that was From Ashes 4 (please let us not talk about that again Tongue ).

On Behalf of the From Ashes Project, thank you for making the next generation possible.
How do I change the wallpaper on Kodi v17 to cycle all of my wallpapers?
(2017-06-17, 09:50)Guardian Hope Wrote: I am so sorry everyone - I have been away on medical issues. I will get to each of your questions in a followup post but for now I want to announce the future of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes.

Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age

A new Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes experience is coming. Our Windows 8 blunder (pun totally intended) is over and @minus0 and myself are back to bring a newer, better experience to From Ashes than ever before. The Ultra High Definition experience Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age combines the best of two great skins: Arctic Zephyr: Braz ("AZ:B") and Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes ("AZ:FA"), the continuation of Arctic Zephyr: Exploded ("AZ:E"). We will be working, schedule permitting, to build a great experience that combines what you should really expect from the From Ashes project.

All media will be supported in the best way possible as the merge of AZ:FA and AZ:B brings a new unified experience never before seen in Arctic Zephyr with functionality that hasn't been implemented on skins before now. Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age represents a paradigm shift and will continue the legacies of the skins that built it. Integration with Emby is standard. Tested officially for OSMC. We'll let the community test LibreElec (I honestly don't like those guys but see why people use LE). Plex support will likely need community help. I don't use Plex - never have and never will as I never liked it. I came from Windows Media Center - MediaBrowser which later became Emby is what I know.

Licensing is a little more complicated. I haven't decided what we will use for the For Another Age components. For base skin components that may be retained in For Another Age that are coded by @jurialmonkey will follow Creative Commons (read: the joke of a license) only because it's in our right to license our changes in a way that we want while his stuff is licensed the way he wants (this is basic law). The reason for this is, at least according to his PM: "protecting his right to sell the [original] skin" which I understand. Don't quite understand why you would want to sell a Kodi skin. On the other hand, the From Ashes Project is based on protecting the designs of For Another Age and its contributors rather than any potential monetary gain and I have always stuck to this principle. Nevertheless, we are all entitled to our principle selection.

This has been stated for if it comes up later.

For Another Age will be getting an updated From Ashes Audio Suite containing a lot more sounds. This is because of all the new functionality coming.

For Another Age, like From Ashes, is large and resource intensive. It's designed on the premise of looking beautiful on a UHD (4K) screen. I want everyone to be prepared for that. Nevertheless, I use RaspPi's too and I will make sure it runs on that platform.

My estimation is that the skin size when package will be in the 200 Megabytes and unpackaged at about double (400 Megabytes). This is of course due to the UHD quality and pretty much sticking to Exploded's recipe of cramming in great features.

So, let's get everything on record. UHD designed - yes. Built for all media - yes. Designed to support as many platforms as possible - yes. Have no issues running the latest Kodi - yes. A master of all trades - naturally. Former emulator support coming - oh yeah. This will be the definitive edition.

Prepare for the next generation: prepare for For Another Age.

Development has begun. Previews soon. Milestone releases when ready.

The NBD repository will be checked for issues. Any issues will be fixed. The namespace of For Another Age will change from "fromashes" to "foranotherage" and all final releases prior to For Another Age will notify of For Another Age and direct you to download it when it is complete and ready and we will nag you about it because essentially we will have end of life any previous version for a richer, complete, and proper experience.

The games changed and our friendly competitors over at Arctic Zephyr: Plus are about to see why For Another Age is the premiere skin of choice (don't worry AZTongue folks, I love you all and I have always called the "competition" friendly - it allows both of us to grow from each other).

In the great words of Clara Oswald from Doctor Who: run you clever boy and remember.

And in the great words of myself: you aren't going to forget what's about to be delivered.

Working Widgets. Coming Soon. ™

For Another Age Developers: GuardianHope, minus0
For Another Age Publisher: NortheBridge Entertainment Media Group
For Another Age Community: Completely amazing because without you all none of this would be possible.

I am excited for the From Ashes project future as For Another Age. It will be everything we promised and hopefully we'll live down the Windows 8 and Windows Vista blunder that was From Ashes 4 (please let us not talk about that again Tongue ).

On Behalf of the From Ashes Project, thank you for making the next generation possible.

Sounds awesome! Any news on an ETA?
Back tracking a few posts, how did you end up with CO2 poisoning?

Also.... welcome back and glad to hear the skin is back on track. Will support Bug tracking the best i can Big Grin
good to see its begun development.
i assume preview wont be out anytime soon?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7