OpenElec 6.0.1 (27-01-2016)
I am getting a update message from Official Releases to update to version 6.0.1.

Question now is for me, is this Jarvis or still Isengard?
6.0.1 is Isengard.
(2016-01-27, 17:57)popcornmix Wrote: 6.0.1 is Isengard.

Thanks for the quick response, hoped Jarvis because now still on 1204 Millhouse and Isengard and Jarvis handle there Gui settings differently mmmmm
Tried to roll from 1204 Millhouse to 6.0.1 Isengard, Advise when you are already on Jarvis builds, dont't go to 6.0.1 Smile
t
Changelog where can I find
(2016-01-27, 19:58)envagyok Wrote: Changelog where can I find

I would suggest checking the OpenELEC website.
(2016-01-27, 21:57)huizingajm Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 19:58)envagyok Wrote: Changelog where can I find

I would suggest checking the OpenELEC website.

I didn't see any announcement on there website
No announcement yet.

Complete OpenELEC 6.0.1 changes: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/....0...6.0.1

Based on Kodi 15.2 Final, so no new Kodi changes in this release - mostly package bumps (bug and security fixes).

Some of the most significant changes in this release are the upgrade to libcec 3.0.1, kernel 4.1.16, fixes for libaacs to work better with unencrypted discs, latest RPI firmware, and additional RTC module and wifi driver support.

New image installs starting with 6.0.1 will now create a 512MB FAT partition which is considerably larger than older installs - this allows more flexibility in future and reduces the risk of failed upgrades due to insufficient space.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the info.

When I want to go from 1204 Jarvis to 6.0.1 Isengard I got a problem with the guisettings but when I copy the settings from settings.xml (under userdata/addondata skin) inside the guisettings.xml under userdata, will I be ok then?
I'd just delete guisettings.xml and reconfigure Kodi when it next starts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-01-28, 10:50)Milhouse Wrote: I'd just delete guisettings.xml and reconfigure Kodi when it next starts.

That's an option but a lot of work with my skin Smile
(2016-01-28, 14:37)XODINL Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 10:50)Milhouse Wrote: I'd just delete guisettings.xml and reconfigure Kodi when it next starts.

Jarvis skin settings aren't in guisettings.xml any more - they're in the addon_data folder. Which is great, because it means people don't lose them when they lose guisettings.xml. Not so good going from Jarvis to Isengard though, kodi won't pick them up.
You could try looking in addon_data for your skin settings, and after you're back on Isengard write those back to guisettings.xml (when kodi isn't running!). It might work - but I'd back up the skin settings folder and guisettings.xml first because it might not.
(2016-01-28, 14:53)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 14:37)XODINL Wrote:

Jarvis skin settings aren't in guisettings.xml any more - they're in the addon_data folder. Which is great, because it means people don't lose them when they lose guisettings.xml. Not so good going from Jarvis to Isengard though, kodi won't pick them up.
You could try looking in addon_data for your skin settings, and after you're back on Isengard write those back to guisettings.xml (when kodi isn't running!). It might work - but I'd back up the skin settings folder and guisettings.xml first because it might not.

Yes, that was my idea also. I like Jarvis on Pi2 very much and it's running great and don't understand why they pu a update to 6.0.1 Isengard now.
Isengard isn't an update to Jarvis.
Isengard is the latest stable version. Jarvis is ahead, but not yet considered stable.
If Jarvis is working well for you then moving to Isengard is a downgrade.
It's alphabetical.
Next oneafter Jarvis will start with a 'k'.
(2016-01-28, 15:06)trogggy Wrote: Isengard isn't an update to Jarvis.
Isengard is the latest stable version. Jarvis is ahead, but not yet considered stable.
If Jarvis is working well for you then moving to Isengard is a downgrade.
It's alphabetical.
Next oneafter Jarvis will start with a 'k'.

Yes I know all that, stick to 1204 Millhouse now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec 6.0.1 (27-01-2016)0