• 2(current)
Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU)
We're still waiting for DP1.2->HDMI2.0 converters to actually appear too aren't we? Some have been announced, but I haven't seen any reviewed or on sale yet... (There are some mis-advertised ones which are HDMI 1.4a only)
Semi ot

For skylake the successor will be kaby lake...and for braswell ?
Big processor (Core micro architecture)
Skylake -> Kaby Lake -> Cannonlake

Small processor (Atom micro architecture)
Braswell -> Broxton
Cherry Trail -> Willow Trail

Both families of small processors share the same architecture.
Alpine Ridge could be a way to provide HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.1 on a mainboard (DP to HDMI2 conversion). Gigabyte is coming with the first Z170 boards for Skylake that have the Alpine Ridge controller. From an Anandtech article:

Interesting, Alpine Ridge will also add support for HDCP 2.2 (a requirement for protected 4K content, such as Netflix):
anandtech Wrote:Alpine Ridge can also act as a LS-Pcon and convert the DP signal into a HDMI 2.0 signal with HDCP 2.2 support.

And it seems more boards are expected to be released in September with Alpine Ridge controllers:
anandtech Wrote:It is our understanding that the increased speed of the Z170 launch means that there has been supply issues with Alpine Ridge controllers and that there will be more products coming out next month (September) from various manufacturers that will use the controller.

Also noteworthy is the ECS Z170IU-C43, a mini-ITX board with HDMI 2.0 (without the Alpine Ridge controller). This could potentially be a good DIY solution for a Kodi box:
anandtech Wrote:Perhaps surprising here, but ECS is listing the Claymore as supporting HDMI 2.0. This means, because there isn’t an Alpine Ridge controller onboard, that they are using an LS-Pcon in order to do so and are the only ones who are doing it as far as I can tell.
anandtech Wrote:Perhaps surprising here, but ECS is listing the Claymore as supporting HDMI 2.0. This means, because there isn’t an Alpine Ridge controller onboard, that they are using an LS-Pcon in order to do so and are the only ones who are doing it as far as I can tell.

Maybe Megachips MCDP28x0?
edit:wrong thread
(2015-08-10, 22:39)Roby77 Wrote: New nice review

That's a Braswell. This thread is about Skylake. Tongue
i need more holidays Big Grin

sorry
(2015-08-10, 22:57)Roby77 Wrote: i need more holidays Big Grin
Wink me to..
FanlessTech just published the Skylake-U lineup:

The most interesting CPUs from a low cost/power kodi box perspective seem to be:
  • Pentium 4405U (2.1 GHz / 2C4T / HD Graphics 510 / 15W TDP)
  • Celeron 3955U (2.0 GHz / 2C2T / HD Graphics 510 / 15W TDP)
  • Celeron 3855U (1.6 GHz / 2C2T / HD Graphics 510 / 15W TDP)
But a lot will depend on the motherboard in order to benefit from HDMI 2.0 (4K@60Hz) and HDCP 2.2.
(2015-08-06, 13:20)fritsch Wrote: You can feed in 10 bit HEVC, but it is transforming it to 8 bit and then decoding and outputting 8 bit. Don't get fooled with this 10 bit stuff - I don't know _any_ hw decoder yet, that really decodes the 10 bit directly.
Maybe in Linux, but in Windows using DXVA2 it is full 10-bit decode via HW.

Nice, I wonder if *GPU Accelerated HEVC 10-bit is the same as Hybrid Decoding as available in Broadwell or if is something different.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU)1