Xmltv.xml tutorial
Hey guys, one of the biggest things I have heard on this forum is questions about how to get guide data into PTVL. I wrote a pretty in depth guide on how to do it on Gadgtspot.com. Maybe I can save Luna a few questions.

Check it out here if you need help :
http://gadgt.co/1PIQ1fb
Great info here. I have an issue that you might be familiar with. I had about 10 favorites in my list for zapit. I added about 20 more to my favorites list under preferences and saved it. Now when I try to use that file PTVL does nothing. If I pick yesterday's guide file then the popup appears for me to choose the ID but when I select today's file then it doesn't do anything. No popup. I double clicked the xml from yesterday and it opened up in IE and looks all nice and structured. I double click the one from this morning and it open is in IE and there's no code structure. All the info just shows on two long lines not separated out. I can right click and Edit both files and they both appear to have good structure in there and the basic code looks the same to me. The only thing I have changed is to add more channels to the favorites on the Zap it site and the only thing I can think that would be different is that I've got a larger file now with the additional channels or that, with my original favorites, most of the channels show like this (808 - WTVWDT) and now a few of the additional channels that I have in my favorites look like this (861 - CNBC HD). I just chose the correct ones that match my channels from the Available Channels list to the left. Not a whole lot of room to mess up. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot and if I need to share either of the files then just let me know.
Off the top of my head I am not sure. Is the xmltv file located on the kodi box or somewhere else on your network? In theory it shouldn't matter but I have had problems using a larger xmltv file in a network location.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Both files are in the same folder on the Kodi box. I simply can't tell any difference other than the additional channel info in the new one. At first I thought it was a problem with the PTVL addon reading the file but since the newer one doesn't recognize as an xml file when I open it then I assume that is the issue.
Try forcing UTF-8 encoding with zap2xml by adding the -U flag

Sent from my Nexus 6
How many channels do you have in your xml?
About 15 I think. I have a very small TV package

Sent from my Nexus 6
I was about the same but now I am at 40 here is my script for my bat file. Is that how yours reads?

zap2xml -u MYUSERNAME -p MYPASSWORD -d 10 -o "C:\zap2xml\TVguide.xml" -O -A -T -g -i "icons"
got it! there was a switch in there -O that I guess doesn't work well anymore for what I was doing. I removed it...and the -g since it's not a valid switch anymore (but that wasn't causing the issue) and it all working now! Maybe it will help someone else. And thanks for the replies.
Glad you got it figured out

Sent from my Nexus 6
Hi!!

I'm a new with the XMLTV arena. I finally figured out how to create the XMLTV file with Webgrab++ and tv.com. Now where does one get the video streams to go along with the file? I have Googled and Binged till my fingers hurt...

Thanks for the help
David
Kodi does not supply content. Find some legal content, and look for EPG data, not the other way round.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That's what I wanted to know. Where does one obtain the free legal content?
(2016-12-26, 21:23)dbelcher Wrote: That's what I wanted to know. Where does one obtain the free legal content?
Most legal content is not free. I use a HDHomerun Prime and a Comcast cable subscription.

Sent from my Pixel
Hdhomerun prime with FiOS here. I have about 350 channels but disable all but about 100.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xmltv.xml tutorial0