• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets
"A ROM Launcher for Kodi that uses HyperSpin's assets"

Ok, let me clarify something. I looked at the config file and it seems to have answered my doubts. I do NOT need HyperSpin the program to run this, only the assets, right?

So, how could I use RocketLauncher together with Hyper Launcher to launch my emulators? I guess I don't need to add a custom frontend to RocketLauncher's list then? I can then create batches to run each system via command line, as stated in the config.

EDIT: Yes, this is a fine addon. Works as expected. I've got just one bug, though. After I quit the emulator and return to Kodi, it tries to find the Hyper Launcher menu again, but instead of using the default path (which in my Kodi interface is Programs >>> Hyper Launcher >>> [Console], it goes via Climate which is the first menu in order. I wonder if it's a skin issue (I'm using KOver).
(2016-03-20, 15:20)nyny77 Wrote: Hi,

one tuto installation for the novice please... (picture or video) possible ?

Thank you very much for the work

Sorry for my English

Im planning on adding more info to the first post to make it easier for people that havent used HyperSpin before.

(2016-03-23, 09:11)Rufoo Wrote: I look forward to getting stuck into this. Really is undeniably impressive stuff. Smile

Thanks Smile

(2016-03-27, 04:16)Zpectre87 Wrote: "A ROM Launcher for Kodi that uses HyperSpin's assets"

Ok, let me clarify something. I looked at the config file and it seems to have answered my doubts. I do NOT need HyperSpin the program to run this, only the assets, right?

So, how could I use RocketLauncher together with Hyper Launcher to launch my emulators? I guess I don't need to add a custom frontend to RocketLauncher's list then? I can then create batches to run each system via command line, as stated in the config.

EDIT: Yes, this is a fine addon. Works as expected. I've got just one bug, though. After I quit the emulator and return to Kodi, it tries to find the Hyper Launcher menu again, but instead of using the default path (which in my Kodi interface is Programs >>> Hyper Launcher >>> [Console], it goes via Climate which is the first menu in order. I wonder if it's a skin issue (I'm using KOver).

Correct, HyperSpin is not needed to use this addon. For RL, the example launcher_script in the first post will work with all systems added to your RL as Rl just needs the system name and game name, which the addon provides. Not sure about adding a custom frontend to RL, I havent added one (it would still be set on RetroFE or HyperSpin) and it works fine. One thing to remember with RL is that a copy of the hyperlist xml that is in your kodi userdata dir needs to be in a sub folder of the RL directory. Im currently using a AHK script to manually copy them over but I think Ill add a option to the addon to use a custom systems directory.

When the option 'Launch prior HL window on Kodi startup' is enabled in the service addon, if a rom was launched, on restarting, Kodi will re-open HL in the folder that it was in previously. This is only useful if quitting kodi when launching roms. It uses the addons url (eg, plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/?mode=folder&foldername=Super+Nintendo+Entertainment+System) and as the addon is hard coded as a video addon it will always open as a video addon.
(2016-03-27, 11:49)teeedubb Wrote: Correct, HyperSpin is not needed to use this addon. For RL, the example launcher_script in the first post will work with all systems added to your RL as Rl just needs the system name and game name, which the addon provides. Not sure about adding a custom frontend to RL, I havent added one (it would still be set on RetroFE or HyperSpin) and it works fine. One thing to remember with RL is that a copy of the hyperlist xml that is in your kodi userdata dir needs to be in a sub folder of the RL directory. Im currently using a AHK script to manually copy them over but I think Ill add a option to the addon to use a custom systems directory.

When the option 'Launch prior HL window on Kodi startup' is enabled in the service addon, if a rom was launched, on restarting, Kodi will re-open HL in the folder that it was in previously. This is only useful if quitting kodi when launching roms. It uses the addons url (eg, plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/?mode=folder&foldername=Super+Nintendo+Entertainment+System) and as the addon is hard coded as a video addon it will always open as a video addon.

Yeah I used the example. Smile

RL is a fine program now that I learned how to use it. The ability to set some stuff in RetroArch without using the command line is very useful.

I would discuss via PM but I think in public it helps everyone: how could you handle Steam and PC games in general?

There's a program called "Steam Wheel Creator" which can create a HyperSpin XML list from your Steam games. It does so very well. The script, however, is the problem. I don't know which variables I use. Tongue I mean, I can use something related to the AppID, as well as Steam command line parameters, but I need to figure out which replacements I use to run the games (like the %1 and %2 in the example).
The kodi debug log file will show you what parameters were passed to the launcher script when a rom is run. You need to pass the AppId to the steam executable to launch that game

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki...Windows.29
So, if I make a XML list with the AppID somewhere, then designate %id as the variable to "AppID", it should work, right?

I've got all the IDs to my games because I have made shortcuts.
Actually I think youll need a different approach as the addon checks if a rom file exists before launching it, so using the appid as the file name wont work. Set the rom directory to your launcher_scripts folder. Use the name your steam launcher_script as the game file name in the xml. In the steam_launcher script youll need something along the lines of

if %2 = "Half Life 2"
AppID = "HALF LIFE 2's APPID"
elif %2 = "Bordelands"
AppID = "Borderlands APPID"

steam.exe %AppID

The script above is just an example and probably wont work as is, I'm not that familiar with batch file scripting.
It's worth a try. Thanks. Smile

I'm successful in launching Steam games from RocketLauncher, but it doesn't work well with Big Picture Mode. I must use the desktop overlay, which is annoying.

What I think I'll end up doing is to disable the overlay altogether, since I seldom use it anyway.

EDIT: HyperSpin (and RocketLauncher) do support "SteamAppId" in the list just before the name of the game. The problem is that the Steam client might not understand the parameter anyway, unless we called it from the XML and stated a rule that it's equal to %id.

A simpler way would be to use shortcuts, too.
I managed to get Steam games launching with RocketLauncher by following this guide at the youtubes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEfHnIqOFI which guided me through using the Steam Wheel Creator for Hyperspin.

The steam wheel creator made a PC Games.xml which listed each game with a title and a steamID which I assume is what RocketLauncher is sending to Steam.

Once I had the PC Games.xml the Wheel creator made for me i was able to use that for Hyper Launcher. Almost... Hyper Launcher would give me errors which I figured out was the XML file lacking a rating and/or genre from the each games data. ie no <rating></rating> or <genre></genre>. I just added blank ones to to the xml file where they were missing and I was ready to go in Hyper Launcher.

However...

RocketLauncher needed a few extra things from me to launch steam games.
I had to ensure all games that I was launching were properly installed and launching correctly through steam.
Some games would need extra input from a mouse if steam would launch a play or config window prior to the main games launch which sucks when are trying for seamless-ness (is that word).
Some games would need some extra appwait.exe config in RocketLauncher for it to launch a game correctly.

It was a fun few hours launching and re-launching all of my installed steam games to get the majority of the launching correctly - some (not many though) just would not co-operate with rocketlauncher and I just decided to accept that I had to launch Big Picture Mode.
(2016-03-29, 14:28)bradicalism Wrote: I managed to get Steam games launching with RocketLauncher by following this guide at the youtubes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEfHnIqOFI which guided me through using the Steam Wheel Creator for Hyperspin.

The steam wheel creator made a PC Games.xml which listed each game with a title and a steamID which I assume is what RocketLauncher is sending to Steam.

Once I had the PC Games.xml the Wheel creator made for me i was able to use that for Hyper Launcher. Almost... Hyper Launcher would give me errors which I figured out was the XML file lacking a rating and/or genre from the each games data. ie no <rating></rating> or <genre></genre>. I just added blank ones to to the xml file where they were missing and I was ready to go in Hyper Launcher.

I haven't been able to get it working... Perhaps a mistake of mine in the setup?

It does work well and is quicker than manual process, though.

(2016-03-29, 14:28)bradicalism Wrote: However...

RocketLauncher needed a few extra things from me to launch steam games.
I had to ensure all games that I was launching were properly installed and launching correctly through steam.
Some games would need extra input from a mouse if steam would launch a play or config window prior to the main games launch which sucks when are trying for seamless-ness (is that word).
Some games would need some extra appwait.exe config in RocketLauncher for it to launch a game correctly.

It was a fun few hours launching and re-launching all of my installed steam games to get the majority of the launching correctly - some (not many though) just would not co-operate with rocketlauncher and I just decided to accept that I had to launch Big Picture Mode.

I know. Big Grin I had the same problem.

My solution: an AHK script to open the game, automatically click on "Play" in the launcher window, then (this part isn't necessary) exit Steam once I exit the game. Since I need to launch Steam.exe with a parameter to make it exit, I also added a RegRead command to fetch the Steam install path from the registry and use it as a variable.

I did this for Arkham Asylum and GTAIV and they worked but I'm still refining it.
Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to open my first rom collection:

Code:
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                            Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 379, column 18
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.hyper.launcher\default.py", line 473, in <module>
                                                tree = ET.parse(os.path.join(SYSTEMS_PATH, system_game_list))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
                                                tree.parse(source, parser)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 656, in parse
                                                parser.feed(data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1642, in feed
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
                                                raise err
                                            ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 379, column 18
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:19:20 T:5308   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/?foldername=Nintendo%20-%20Super%20Nintendo%20Entertainment%20System&mode=folder
20:19:20 T:5308   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/?foldername=Nintendo%20-%20Super%20Nintendo%20Entertainment%20System&mode=folder) failed

This is my config (so far):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<system name="Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System">        <!-- System name -->
    <info>
        <release_year>1977</release_year>        <!-- System info -->
        <manufacturer>XXX</manufacturer>
        <description>XXX</description>
    </info>
    <config>
        <rom_path>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Roms</rom_path>        <!-- Path to ROM files -->
        <rom_extensions>zip</rom_extensions>        <!-- ROM extensions to use, seperated by a space. Leave blank to use first file matching ROM filename -->
        <launcher_script>rocketlauncher.bat</launcher_script>        <!-- Launcher script to use for this system, needs to be executable by your system -->
    </config>
    <artwork>
        <base_path>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork</base_path>        <!-- Artwork paths to use. Leave blank to not supply artwork type -->
        <icon>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Box</icon>
        <icon_fallback>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Box_3D</icon_fallback>
        <fanart>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Snap</fanart>
        <fanart_fallback>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Background</fanart_fallback>
        <thumb>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Background</thumb>
        <poster>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Background</poster>
        <logo>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Background</logo>
        <clearart>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Background</clearart>
        <banner>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Banner</banner>
        <media>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Background</media>
        <trailer>\\xxx\Emulation\Sorted\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Artwork\Video_MP4_HI_QUAL</trailer>
    </artwork>
</system>

Are there maybe problems with blanks within the paths? Or is the UNC path the problem?
AHK scripts are on my list of things to figure out.
Another suggestion if you need to control unfriendly launchers is Controller Companion.

If you want to use a different shell than Explorer, use Launcher4Kodi, make it the shell and add Controller Companion as one of the startup apps.

I would also make Kodi true fullscreen to prevent Controller Companion from taking over while Kodi is running.
@ErAzOr2k youtr config file works fine on my system. The error mentions 'ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 379, column 18' which points to you hyperlist file. Can you post that and a full debug log?
excuse me if this is a silly question, but does this work for Android? Nvidia shield?
I do not know if this happening to somebody else , but since the last version can no longer view the videos , already checked the paths in xml configuration files. This both for the trailers of the systems as for the videos of the games.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets4