• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets
Howdy, I am on Jarvis 16.1 RC2 and I am unable to launch the plugin. When I try I get this:
Code:
18:51:24 T:12300   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'system_artwork_path' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Nerachnaku\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.hyper.launcher\default.py", line 369, in <module>
                                                if not os.path.exists(system_artwork_path):
                                            NameError: name 'system_artwork_path' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:51:24 T:12328   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/
18:51:24 T:12328   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/) failed

Any ideas as to what could be causing that?
(2016-04-21, 01:00)Dweezilkid Wrote: Hey Teeedub -- I'm just getting my head around RocketLauncher (a REALLY nice upgrade to Hyperspin). I noticed your post on their message boards about trying to map the guide button on a 360 controller to bring up the Hyper Pause menu. I'm trying to do exactly the same thing. What was your solution? I'm already running Xpadder - is there a way to map the pause command without additional software?

Jonathan Firth (author of Xpadder) told me in support reply that it can only be remapped if the driver allows.

Now, Controller Companion is a good alternative to Xpadder, but you lose most of the functionality Xpadder has (like, the ability to fully customize button presses, and multiple sets per profile, whereas CC only allows button combos and two sets) for a small thing. And, with the release of the Xbox One Chatpad, the virtual keyboard has become redundant.

Xpadder's forums have been closed for a while but Jonathan will still reply to support questions if necessary.
(2016-04-23, 18:22)Zpectre87 Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 01:00)Dweezilkid Wrote: Hey Teeedub -- I'm just getting my head around RocketLauncher (a REALLY nice upgrade to Hyperspin). I noticed your post on their message boards about trying to map the guide button on a 360 controller to bring up the Hyper Pause menu. I'm trying to do exactly the same thing. What was your solution? I'm already running Xpadder - is there a way to map the pause command without additional software?

Jonathan Firth (author of Xpadder) told me in support reply that it can only be remapped if the driver allows.

Now, Controller Companion is a good alternative to Xpadder, but you lose most of the functionality Xpadder has (like, the ability to fully customize button presses, and multiple sets per profile, whereas CC only allows button combos and two sets) for a small thing. And, with the release of the Xbox One Chatpad, the virtual keyboard has become redundant.

Xpadder's forums have been closed for a while but Jonathan will still reply to support questions if necessary.

I'd rather not ditch Xpadder if I can help it -- it's an awesome program, and it even allows me to use my controller as a virtual mouse for browsing my computer when I'm on the couch. Remapping the guide button was a "wish list" feature, but not a deal breaker. Besides, Windows 10 uses the guide button for some games-specific functionality which is nice to have. Remapping Rocketlauncher's "pause" command to clicking both sticks (L3+R3) can be a little finicky -- the timing window is tight, and sometimes it takes a couple tries -- but it's still a perfectly acceptable workaround. Thanks for the suggestion!
(2016-04-21, 17:43)Dweezilkid Wrote: I realized you *can* map the pause command to the controller... just not the guide button. I set it to open the pause menu by clicking both sticks (L3+R3) at the same time. Works just fine.

I'm having another annoying problem though. When I exit an emulator and return to Kodi, I get the error message "failed to start commoncache" and am forced back to the main menu. I can continue using Kodi normally from there. However, when I try to exit Kodi after receiving this error, Kodi generally crashes. Here are the chunks of log before launching the emulator and after I return from it (when the error happens).

BEFORE LAUNCH:

Quote:08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Found config: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\systems_config\Nintendo Entertainment System-config.xml" for "rom_path"
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Found config: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\systems_config\Nintendo Entertainment System-config.xml" for "rom_extensions"
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Found config: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\systems_config\Nintendo Entertainment System-config.xml" for "launcher_script"
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Path exists:
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Boxes\3DBox
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Titles
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Boxes\3DBox
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Cartridges\CartsTop
08:38:05 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Video
08:38:07 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Folder loaded:
08:38:07 T:4360 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Nintendo Entertainment System.xml
08:38:09 T:8604 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/SquareSoft.png
08:38:09 T:3104 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Thinking Rabbit.png
08:38:09 T:10080 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Irem.png
08:38:09 T:5152 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/Mindscape.png
08:38:11 T:10028 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Attempted command is:
08:38:11 T:10028 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\launcher_scripts\RocketLauncher.bat" "Nintendo Entertainment System" "1942 (Japan, USA)" "D:\Games\HyperSpin\Emulators\RomFiles\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\1942 (Japan, USA).nes" "1942 (Japan, USA).nes" ".nes"
08:38:11 T:2876 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
08:38:11 T:2876 NOTICE: Saving settings
08:38:11 T:2876 NOTICE: stop all

RETURNING FROM EMULATOR (error: failed to start commoncache)

Quote:08:40:15 T:9964 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting background proc (6.0.15)
08:40:16 T:2196 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'script.games.rom.collection.browser'.
08:40:16 T:8348 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window filestackingdialog
08:40:16 T:5460 NOTICE: script.grab.fanart: Grab Fanart Service Started
08:40:16 T:7472 ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/
08:40:16 T:7472 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting //extrathumb/
08:40:16 T:9508 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
08:40:16 T:9508 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(13): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Found config: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\systems_config\Nintendo Entertainment System-config.xml" for "rom_path"
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Found config: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\systems_config\Nintendo Entertainment System-config.xml" for "rom_extensions"
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Found config: "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.hyper.launcher\systems_config\Nintendo Entertainment System-config.xml" for "launcher_script"
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: Path exists:
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Boxes\3DBox
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Titles
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Boxes\3DBox
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\RocketLauncher\ARTWORK\Nintendo NES\Cartridges\CartsTop
08:40:17 T:10148 NOTICE: plugin.hyper.launcher.log: D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Video
08:40:18 T:11260 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)

I uninstalled Rom Collection Browser (never used it), so I'm not sure why that's showing up. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, thanks for the suggestion, J7AYU! I'll have to look into that.

Ive seen this before if more than one instance of kodi is running, with windows that usually means one that has crashed as afaik you cant run two instances on windows. Do you know if that was the case?

(2016-04-23, 03:58)nerachnaku Wrote: Howdy, I am on Jarvis 16.1 RC2 and I am unable to launch the plugin. When I try I get this:
Code:
18:51:24 T:12300   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'system_artwork_path' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Nerachnaku\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.hyper.launcher\default.py", line 369, in <module>
                                                if not os.path.exists(system_artwork_path):
                                            NameError: name 'system_artwork_path' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:51:24 T:12328   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/
18:51:24 T:12328   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/) failed

Any ideas as to what could be causing that?

Appears that the systems artwork dir doesnt exist, can you verify that if it does? (note the systems artwork path has changed in recent versions, each system is in a sub folder within the systems artwork folder (to make it easier to bundle additional system artwork, eg tv ads, manuals etc). Theres a setting in the addon to copy all your system artwork to the new format)

(2016-04-23, 18:38)Dweezilkid Wrote:
(2016-04-23, 18:22)Zpectre87 Wrote:

I'd rather not ditch Xpadder if I can help it -- it's an awesome program, and it even allows me to use my controller as a virtual mouse for browsing my computer when I'm on the couch. Remapping the guide button was a "wish list" feature, but not a deal breaker. Besides, Windows 10 uses the guide button for some games-specific functionality which is nice to have. Remapping Rocketlauncher's "pause" command to clicking both sticks (L3+R3) can be a little finicky -- the timing window is tight, and sometimes it takes a couple tries -- but it's still a perfectly acceptable workaround. Thanks for the suggestion!

So did you map this keyress in RL itself? Or by using xpadder? i have pinnacle game profiler but I dont really like it, it takes a long time to start and acts funny if it isnt started before steam.
Teeedub:

1) RE: multiple instances of Kodi running -- unfortunately, no. I encounter this "commoncache" error from a cold boot (without any other instances of Kodi running). I fire up Kodi, launch an emulator, close the emulator, and encounter this error message.

2) RE: mapping Rocketlauncher's "pause" command -- I mapped this combo within RL itself. Apparently, RL does, in fact, now allow you to map any command to the controller. Just not the guide button, which I can live without.
Can you check that kodi isnt running when the emulator is?

(2015-08-07, 01:06)Martijn Wrote: It's a clash of two programs opening sockets at the same port. Reinstall will not help at all

edit: or try a different method for shutting kodi down.
Regarding the Guide button, there are games that allow you to map it to an action in the game, but I don't understand how this would work in conjunction with Steam BPM, which uses the Guide button to launch the overlay.

Valve, who wants everyone to use the Steam Controller after all, created an option to let users use the BPM overlay even when launching a game from Desktop mode. This is not possible with either Xbox Controller, which is a sneaky thing by Valve IMO.
(2016-04-24, 21:31)teeedubb Wrote: Can you check that kodi isnt running when the emulator is?

(2015-08-07, 01:06)Martijn Wrote: It's a clash of two programs opening sockets at the same port. Reinstall will not help at all

edit: or try a different method for shutting kodi down.

According to Task Manager, Kodi is NOT running while the emulator is. To your second point -- what "different method" for shutting down Kodi are you referring to?
Actually, do you have the option 'Will Kodi stay running in background' enabled?
I unchecked "Will Kodi stay running in background" -- that fixed the error message! The reason Kodi was crashing on me is that I wasn't giving the program enough time to reload the console's submenu (with 9000+ roms, MAME can take a while).

I'm using Super Favorites to populate a list of "favorite games" across multiple consoles. When I exit the emulator, it returns me to Kodi, but not my "favorite games" folder -- it defaults back to Hyperlauncher's parent folder of the specific console that particular game came from. Not returning to my "favorite games" folder is a bummer, but I think that's a problem with Super Favorites, not Hyperlauncher. I may post in their forum thread. Super Favorites also never remembers my preferred view choice, and it won't run the Hyperlauncher video previews in the background... again, their problem, not yours.

So with that settled, I think I've just about got the hang of Hyperlauncher... and it's awesome! Great work! Now I'm trying to get my head around Rocketlauncher, which is an amazing upgrade to Hyperspin. I haven't upgraded any of my emulators in about five years, so I'm curious to see how they've progressed. RetroArch seems cool and powerful... but man is it a pain to set up!
Both those issues are by design - the service add-on only plays trailers when in the plugin.Hyper.launcher folderand other conditions are met , so trailers for other media isn't automatically played. When launching a romnthebaddon writes the current directory to a file and the service add-on reads that file on startup then opens that directory.
The former would needs changes to the add-on to allow the service add-on to play trailers outside of the addons folder. Not really sure how to workaround the latter issue.
Out of curiosity, how long does the mame list normally take to display?
I timed MAME at just over 10 seconds just now, which isn't bad at all considering there are nearly 10,000 games and variants. I may have been running a backup in the background yesterday, which significantly slowed the launch time (it felt like it was taking two or three times as long).

The video preview isn't a big deal. My "favorites" folder includes a bunch of Steam, Windows, and Dosbox games which don't have video previews, so at least it's consistent. If I want to see the video previews, I can just browse the individual system folders. Thanks for explaining how the directory return functions. It would be nice to write my Super Folder to that temp file so I could return to the same place within Kodi, but it sounds like there's some complicated under-the-hood stuff going on. It's really not that big a deal... I simply back out of the game system folder and go back into favorites.
Sad 
1 sec per 1k is what Im seeing on average.. Ive tries a few things to try and speed it up but everything Ive tried so far takes longer Sad

I was thinking the same about adding the return path as SF's via a launcher script, but Im not sure how you could differentiate between being launched via SF and HL.. maybe a separate launcher script for favourite and non favourite games, but I feel that would be a pain in the ass to maintain.
Is this rom launcher also working with openelec?
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

I have only tested it on Linux mint, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with OE.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets4