• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets
Thanks will try it soon!
Question 
Hi!

Great AddOn! I love having everything under one FE, but I'm having trouble launching games through RocktLauncher. I know the games work when I launch through RL or Hyperspin, but when I try through kodi, I get this error:

Cannot find ROM
"name of game"
In any ROM_Paths provided:
"E:\Nintendo Entertainment System"
With any provided Rom_Estensions:
"7z|nes|........."

Below is my Config and Launcher script:

CONFIG:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<system name="Nintendo Entertainment System">
<info>
<release_year>1983</release_year>
<manufacturer>Nintendo.</manufacturer>
<description>The Nintendo Entertainment System (also abbreviated as NES) is an 8-bit home video game console that was developed and manufactured by Nintendo.</description>
</info>

<config>
<rom_path>E:\Nintendo Entertainment System</rom_path>
<rom_extensions>nes NES</rom_extensions>
<launcher_script>rocketlauncher.bat</launcher_script>
</config>

<artwork>
<base_path>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</base_path>
<icon>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</icon>
<icon_fallback>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</icon_fallback>
<fanart>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</fanart>
<fanart_fallback>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</fanart_fallback>
<thumb>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</thumb>
<poster>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</poster>
<logo>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</logo>
<clearart>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</clearart>
<banner>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</banner>
<media>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</media>
<trailer>D:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</trailer>
</artwork>

</system>

LAUNCHER SCRIPT:

REM %1 = system name , %2 = game name , %3 = full rom path (folder + file name + extension) , %4 = file name only , %5 = file extension

ECHO %*

taskkill /im Kodi.exe
timeout /t 1 && tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq Kodi.exe" | find /i "Kodi.exe" >nul && (taskkill /f /im Kodi.exe)

"D:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe" -s %1 -r %2

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe"

I'd appreciate any help, because I'm not sure what the problem is. Thanks!
Seems like there is a issue with the ROM extensions, can you try leaving that field empty in the system config XML? That way it will use the first ROM it finds matching that file name.
Thanks for the quick reply, but I actually fixed it ten minutes after posting :/ The problem was that I had the wrong XML file. I have Hyperspin and RockLauncher and I accidentally used the XML from RL, when I should have used the one I created in HS. Anyway, works great now! Now I just have to get the artwork working. If you have a tips to speed this process up, I'd appreciate it a lot! Thanks again!
@RetroBox try setting the posters path to your box art path, worked for me
Hey Teedub... have you gotten Rocketlauncher's "Fade" to work with your plugin? There's still a lot of visual "pop" while transitioning from Kodi to the emulators, even when it's enabled. Curious if this might be a limitation of Kodi.
Im using fade and it works well (you can see it at the 10min mark in the video in the first post). Not sure what you mean by pop, can you post a video of it happening?
New test version, 1.5.1. I havent pushed it to the repo because I have been too busy to test it thoroughly. This version adds support for joebloggs12's (billyc999 on the HS forums) awesome xml files. These file contain extra info such as plot, developer, rating and players and are interchangeable with hyperspin xml's.

Please help out the community by adding any missing info to these files (github allows you to edit files via its website)!

https://github.com/billyc999/Game-database-info

Billyc999 has put a lot of time and effort into these files so give a big thanks to him!

If you encounter any issues with this version please provide as much info as possible, along with a kodi debug log (wiki)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...-1.5.1.zip

Also a sneak peek of some mods I've begun making to aeon nox 5 to make the skin better suited for displaying the info in the xmls and roms in general:

Hey,
Does anyone know how to reset or refresh the artwork cache for HyperLauncher? I've updated my artwork, but the old files, which I've deleted of my system, still show. Thanks!
Texture cache maintenance ulility should take care of that.
Another question, I downloaded the XML databases from this thread and I was wondering if there is a program to filter out the ROMs I do not have from the XML without having to do it manually. An example, if that didn't make sense: XML has 102 games, but I only have 47 ROMs and I do not want the other 55 entries in the XML, because I will never have these ROMs. Is that possible? Thanks again!
Billy's xmls *might* be compatible with the tools for editing hyperlist xmls, but this hasn't been tested. Billy is working on a GUI editor but it isn't ready yet. If the hyperspin tools don't work you'll need to edit by hand, you can set the enabled element to no or just remove the whole entry. If you have success with hyperspin tools please post your results.
First and foremost, thanks for this incredible add-on . Your work is amazing. I think this will always be needed even when the retro-player comes out.
I used dons Hyperspin tools to filter my roms. First you must created a list from your rom files then use dons rom filter and the results come out perfect. all the description are there.
Is there a reason why I can't add Sega Genesis to Hyper Launcher? Whenever I try to add the System XML, I get this error:
18:10:54 T:1972 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 8, column 26
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\RetroBox\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.hyper.launcher\default.py", line 387, in <module>
tree = ET.parse(system_config)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 656, in parse
parser.feed(data)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1642, in feed
self._raiseerror(v)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
raise err
ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 8, column 26
-->End of Python script error report<--
18:10:54 T:7036 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/
18:10:54 T:7036 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/) failed

If I remove the XML, Hyperlauncher works again. This also happens when trying to add Game & Watch.
Appears to be a malformed xml:

ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 8, column 26

Can you post a link to your xml
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets4