• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets
What directory are you looking in? Xmls need to be in the systems folder in the plugin.hyper.launcher userdata folder.
[/quote]

I have looked in %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\addon_data. But i dont find any plugin.hyper.launcher folder.
I have been looking in %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\addon_data. But i dont find any plugin.hyper.launcher folder Undecided
Can you post a debug log (wiki) of that happening. It should be checking for and if it doesn't exist, creating that directory.
Here is the log, thx for all the help :-)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23950607/

And here is the logging from reinstalling:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23950901/

I turned of my Antivirus, but it didn't make any diffrence.
For people looking for more example bash scripts to launch retroarch from HyperLauncher, here is a copy of the script I use.

http://pastebin.com/EmEH2rJT

I pause kodi because the preview videos keep playing when I launch a game. I also adjust the kernel to performance as recommended in the 'minimizing input lag' guide. Put it back to the default powersave mode when done and unpause kodi.

Just sharing examples. This add-on rocks!
What build is that, and where to add the plugin.hyper.launcher.systems.artwork folder?
Can somebody tell me how to install this on kodi 17thHuh Looked everywhere to find the repository and installation guide. Help me please!
Still waiting to get the info about HyperLauncher, in the video it is not showing how to install it properly. Also its not said where to move the main folder?
Someone anser plz to the questions!!!!!!1
I started playing around with this add-on over the weekend. I'm loving it so far. Great job! I have a couple of (I hope) simple questions:
  • I've been using RetroArch for a while now. Is there any advantage to using RocketLauncher with RetroArch? Or am I better off creating a launch script for RetroArch directly?
  • Where are people getting the backgrounds and logos from? GamesDB.net?

Any help would be appreciated.
Wink 
Hi everybody, quick question,

On my main HyperLauncher screen, where you choose your system, I have the logo view (using Titan skin), and some of the systems have information as if it's a movie and has a plot outline and how long the "movie" lasts. All of my XML files within the plugin folder are unchanged. Has anyone had this problem and know where to pinpoint this problem? Thanks!

Below is a screenshot of what I'm getting:
Forgot to mention, that this happens with some games as well.
(2017-02-08, 00:47)Lucky90 Wrote: Here is the log, thx for all the help :-)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23950607/

And here is the logging from reinstalling:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23950901/

I turned of my Antivirus, but it didn't make any diffrence.

You're using the windows store version of kodi, which has this bug so the addon most likley wont work with it (havent tested it though). You could try symlinking where the data actually s to where kodi looks for it. (look in the first section of the debug log you posted for info on the directories)

(2017-03-02, 18:55)kazemHarvey Wrote: Can somebody tell me how to install this on kodi 17thHuh Looked everywhere to find the repository and installation guide. Help me please!

You didn't look very hard because instruction on how to install a addon in kodi + configure hyper launcher and the link to my repo are all on the first page of this thread.

(2017-03-06, 23:46)banderson1311 Wrote: I started playing around with this add-on over the weekend. I'm loving it so far. Great job! I have a couple of (I hope) simple questions:
  • I've been using RetroArch for a while now. Is there any advantage to using RocketLauncher with RetroArch? Or am I better off creating a launch script for RetroArch directly?
  • Where are people getting the backgrounds and logos from? GamesDB.net?

Any help would be appreciated.

RL isnt required, it just adds a layer between the front end and the emulators. It simplifies setup as it automatically lists compatible emulators, with settings for each. Plus it adds some nice features, like splash screens when loading roms, hyper pause which is a universal pause screen for your emulators (though unfortunatley I could never get it to work with the xbox/ds3 guide button) plus much more.

I get my artwork from the hyperspin + emumovies ftps.

(2017-03-11, 15:28)RetroBox Wrote: Hi everybody, quick question,

On my main HyperLauncher screen, where you choose your system, I have the logo view (using Titan skin), and some of the systems have information as if it's a movie and has a plot outline and how long the "movie" lasts. All of my XML files within the plugin folder are unchanged. Has anyone had this problem and know where to pinpoint this problem? Thanks!

Below is a screenshot of what I'm getting:

Unfortunately thats a side effect of trying to shoehorn a emulation front end into a video view in kodi and why I started my own mod of aeon nox 5. HL will display the 'description' tag from the system xml's and the 'story' tag in billy99c's xmls as the plot in kodi, the addon doesn't set that listitem info.
(2017-03-12, 10:44)teeedubb Wrote: L isnt required, it just adds a layer between the front end and the emulators. It simplifies setup as it automatically lists compatible emulators, with settings for each. Plus it adds some nice features, like splash screens when loading roms, hyper pause which is a universal pause screen for your emulators (though unfortunatley I could never get it to work with the xbox/ds3 guide button) plus much more.

I get my artwork from the hyperspin + emumovies ftps.
Thanks for the explanation. In my tests using RL added a few seconds to load time so I think I'll just use RetroArch directly for now.

I found a lot of art on emumovies but some systems don't have logo or banner packs so I've been doing those one at a time from thegamesdb.net.

My kids are loving this add-on. Thanks again.
I've spent countless hours, tweaking your marvelous plugin, customizing a view called 'Total Art'-AeonMQ6 skin. I'll post a screen, and at least a tutorial/showoff video soon.
watch gallery

Sorry for the double post
(2017-03-11, 15:40)RetroBox Wrote: Forgot to mention, that this happens with some games as well.

I know what you mean. You need to edit the view's xml file to show the proper data. check the pics in my post. That's REAL and ANIMATED !!!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets4