Issues when Adding a PlayOn Channel
I am having issues with playon as well. I think I found the problem for mine though. I am trying to watch a live tv channel in PTVL using the playon to view the live channels. I add them through the channel configuration and choose PlayOn as the plugin and add the live channel. Everything looks good and then after a while when I am in PTVL watching a channel from my pvr backend all of the sudden it starts trying to load up another channel then flashes to the Kodi Video addons menu while trying over and over again to load a channel and failing in the background. I'm basically locked up. Here's what I found out. I added a love channel. Lets use FX Now for an example. I click on plugin and choose Playon then click through it to add the path. Movies & TV-> FX Now-> Live TV -> and this last part is where it gets tricky. With most of the channels, I click through all of that and then the last option to click on is something like Live TV. FX Now though shows what's actually currently on in the title. So clicking through looks like Movies & TV-> FX Now-> Live TV ->Eastern: Mike and Molly-"Mike and Molly"" If I add that channel then go watch it I think it works but oncethat show is over and another show comes on is when that weird crap of trying to load in the background happens. And here's what the setting2.xml file looks like for that channel.
<setting id="Channel_15_type" value="15" />
<setting id="Channel_15_time" value="174" />
<setting id="Channel_15_1" value="plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?nametree=FXNow%2FLive+TV%2FEastern%3A+Mike+and+Molly+-+%22Valentine%27s+Piggyback%22+Ep.15+Sn.2&parenthref=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Dfxnow-befdf780a855425799b013a419b91ff4&href=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Dfxnow-d07d22997778459cba31c493b02a559a&mode=video&foldername=Eastern%3A+Mike+and+Molly+-+%22Valentine%27s+Piggyback%22+Ep.15+Sn.2" />
<setting id="Channel_15_2" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_15_3" value="50" />
<setting id="Channel_15_4" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rule_1_opt_1" value="Eastern: Mike and Molly -" />
<setting id="Channel_15_changed" value="True" />

See what I am getting at? How do I put the Eastern part in there (since FX Now has multiple live channels) but leave the show name off? Is there like a wildcard or something I can manually add in place of the show title? Thanks.
Also, If I add a live channel that does NOT have the show title in it such as Movies & TV -> ABC -> Live TV -> Live TV then it come up like a champ but when I hit any button after that I can't do anything. Enter doesn't pull up the guide, Esc doesn't let me exit, and I end up having to Ctrl+Alt+Esc out of Kodi. Thoughts?
Anyone at all have any input on how to fix this? I can provide any other info that you might need. Just let me know. Thanks.
Same issues here.. still real buggy over the past year or so of developtment, and developer cames arcoss as kind of a prick if ask for help..i'm just waiting for future releases of ptvl
(2016-01-31, 23:59)jmrwbilly Wrote: Same issues here.. still real buggy over the past year or so of developtment, and developer cames arcoss as kind of a prick if ask for help..i'm just waiting for future releases of ptvl

Excellent example of me being a prick and trying to help you:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2223602

Welcome to my ignore list!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Ok...so any thoughts on my issue?
Am I doing something wrong? I put this in 4 days ago and got nothing but crickets in here but someone adds a snide comment and someone swoops in to reply within 11 minutes. I know I didn't not upload a log but it is too big to post so where am I going wrong here?
ok, I downloaded the code. Guess i'll fix it myself.
(2016-02-09, 20:08)nolos Wrote: ok, I downloaded the code. Guess i'll fix it myself.

If you really want a fix, read the faq! you keep asking the same question and disregarding the answer that has been posted MANY TIMES!
I'm not worried about it. I'm learning python and working on it faster than I can get support in here. Every addin you have made has a forum filled with you on your high horse slamming every person that attempts to raise their hand for help. I tried using your stuff twice and experienced problems at every test. I even came back to your furum and tried walking on eggshells and patiently waiting for help but the only time you come swooping in to say anything at all is to be condescending to those of us who aren't "masters" at coding like you or to try to verbally crush anyone who utters anything negative about the program or the support being provided for it, still not fix the issue, and put them on your (i'm sure lengthy) ignore list. And of the few times I have tried to get your help, I get the added benefit of getting an ear full from bry if you're not around to defend your honor. I think we should start calling you Spike and him Chester. (see YouTube link for explanation) I think everyone feels like this is an episode from Seinfeld with the soup nazi when we try and get help on here. Anyway, I've already figured out how to skip re-adding my live OTA channels on startup every time. I never understood why I have to wait to see my antenna channels for a couple of minutes each time I start this thing up but now I don't have to. I might make a few alterations to this thing and share it with everyone. I can't decide on a name. It's either going to be PseudoTVLiveThatActuallyWorks or "PSTVL With Support Where I Won't Treat You Like A Piece Of Shit While I look At My Own Bug For You Just Because I'm A Better Programer and I Can" I can't decide. I know, I know "Welcome to your ignore list!"

P.S. I looked through your FAQ many times and there isn't anything in there referencing opening your program and it keeps loading a upnp channels over and over again and breaks kodi. Sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94
I think hes talking about this part of the FAQ:

Channels change on their own?

PTVL has two internal timers used to predict when a channel fails to play. By Default they are setup with liberal timeout values... But some users may require tweaking. Settings can be adjusted under "Debugging":
If PTVL detects a failed playback, it will try to close any open dialogs ie "Playback Failed", Force Stop playback if the link is hanging. Finally it will trigger the last user action ie. Channel UP/Down/Last Channel.
Wait for Playback (seconds) - How long between a given time (2-4 seconds) should PTVL check if a show is playing.
Force Playback timeout (seconds) - How long should PTVL wait for playback to start.
@nolos i'm at a loss to your behavior, I don't understand why you insist on receiving one on one help from me? It's not enough I spend my free time coding and trying my best to help where I can... You also want me to constantly repeat myself regarding every repeat question?

You take my silence and simple replys as snarky and being a prick... but in truth. I will not repeat myself. Some due diligence is required by the user when using this software.

I've tried to keep all relevant information to a few places, FAQ, Readme and the changelog!

You can't honestly tell me you read all three and completely missed the answer to your question!

Users who try, read and learn get the most help from me, the ones that DEMAND attention are ignored!
(2016-02-09, 20:50)wyild1 Wrote: I think hes talking about this part of the FAQ:

PTVL has two internal timers used to predict when a channel fails to play. By Default they are setup with liberal timeout values... But some users may require tweaking. Settings can be adjusted under "Debugging":
If PTVL detects a failed playback, it will try to close any open dialogs ie "Playback Failed", Force Stop playback if the link is hanging. Finally it will trigger the last user action ie. Channel UP/Down/Last Channel.
Wait for Playback (seconds) - How long between a given time (2-4 seconds) should PTVL check if a show is playing.
Force Playback timeout (seconds) - How long should PTVL wait for playback to start.

Thanks Wyild1, I did see that but it's not a case of failed playback I don't think. My 1st 14 channels are OTA from my antenna. PTVL loads, and after waiting a bit I can see those channels in the guide and I am tuned to the first channel. Then out of nowhere, it attempts to change me to one of my live playon channels. I can see the "Loading" across the screen (That's what the channels looks like from the provider while its loading or buffering). After that it does something weird like flashes away from the channel then repeats over and over. I don't know if it's moving to the next channel and doing the same thing or if it's just repeating the same channel over and over but I can't get out. Can't pull up the guide, can't exit PTVL. I end up having to task manager out of Kodi. Sometimes I get in PTVL and everything seems ok and I click on a Playon channel from the guide and it loads. Then im stuck again. Can't change channels, can't exit anything, and have to task manager out. It's got to be something with these playon channels. not sure what though. Also, even if I do get it working, I don't see anywhere in the guide on how to add the channels correctly I guess. Most of these playon channels have the current shows episode in the title. If you add it as a channel it plays until that episode is over then when a different show comes on the channel doesn't work anymore. Did you see anywhere in there on how to add wildcards or something like that? Anyway,thanks for the try.
(2016-02-09, 21:19)nolos Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 20:50)wyild1 Wrote: I think hes talking about this part of the FAQ:

Thanks Wyild1, I did see that but it's not a case of failed playback I don't think. My 1st 14 channels are OTA from my antenna. PTVL loads, and after waiting a bit I can see those channels in the guide and I am tuned to the first channel. Then out of nowhere, it attempts to change me to one of my live playon channels. I can see the "Loading" across the screen (That's what the channels looks like from the provider while its loading or buffering). After that it does something weird like flashes away from the channel then repeats over and over. I don't know if it's moving to the next channel and doing the same thing or if it's just repeating the same channel over and over but I can't get out. Can't pull up the guide, can't exit PTVL. I end up having to task manager out of Kodi. Sometimes I get in PTVL and everything seems ok and I click on a Playon channel from the guide and it loads. Then im stuck again. Can't change channels, can't exit anything, and have to task manager out. It's got to be something with these playon channels. not sure what though. Also, even if I do get it working, I don't see anywhere in the guide on how to add the channels correctly I guess. Most of these playon channels have the current shows episode in the title. If you add it as a channel it plays until that episode is over then when a different show comes on the channel doesn't work anymore. Did you see anywhere in there on how to add wildcards or something like that? Anyway,thanks for the try.

I had the issue of when PTVL loads it would tune to the initial channel, once playing could not pull up the guide, change channels, exit PTVL, etc.... Narrowed down to a issue with kodi skin.. For whatever reason last couple version of the addon doesn't play nice with some skins anymore. I had the issue when using the chroma skin.. Switched to aeon mq, everything worked, went back to chroma, issue comes back ..

My playon issue seems to be cured in the latest 0.7.3a version.. however I do randomly get Kodi crashing trying to manually update from Lun's Repository.. so did take a few tries to update... Have you updated PTVL to latest?
(2016-02-09, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote: @nolos i'm at a loss to your behavior, I don't understand why you insist on receiving one on one help from me? It's not enough I spend my free time coding and trying my best to help where I can... You also want me to constantly repeat myself regarding every repeat question?

You take my silence and simple replys as snarky and being a prick... but in truth. I will not repeat myself. Some due diligence is required by the user when using this software.

I've tried to keep all relevant information to a few places, FAQ, Readme and the changelog!

You can't honestly tell me you read all three and completely missed the answer to your question!

Users who try, read and learn get the most help from me, the ones that DEMAND attention are ignored!

Listen man, I'm dumb with programming. And most of us in here are dumb with programming. You've got a lot of add-ons in here and most of them are widely used and if you are churning out these large programs just on your free time then you are some kind of prodigy. But your programs do some complex stuff unlike some of the other addons. I wish I could figure it out on my own but, again, i'm dumb with this stuff. So I read through the docs online. Maybe i'm dumb at reading to but it's very confusing to someone who is coming in from fresh and hasn't grown with this product. There's Pseudo Library, PSTVL, a library updater, some set top box version, Pseudo TV Live manager for windows, Pseudo live TV companion Tool. I'm just lost. If I click on the main page there is a download section to get them all but I can't find anywhere that explains the difference. Just how to get them. Hell, I may be using the wrong addon for what I need. I DO read the docs you provide. I head up support for a company and we have a knowledge base and I can't stand when people ask questions without reading the provided info first. But I get lost and give up. When I click on the Pseudo TV Live Set top box solution, there's a readme file. I click on it and it takes me to PTVL info. I'm guessing they are one in the same? So I click on the Wiki link and its pretty much empty. When I click on the Pseudo TV Live Manager for Windows to see what that is, there's the exact same PTVL icon and image at the top of the screen as the Pseudo TV Live screen. There's no wiki, no readme, or anything. The pictures look awesome and I want to try it out but I don't have a clue what it is. All I know what to do is what the Dumbass guide explained. and what the guide tell me to do. If I have a problem them I can do 2 things. First, check the stickys and FAQ page to see if my problem shows in there. Second, search for the problem in the forums. There's a HUGE following for these addons and pages and pages of threads. Someone my address the problem in here and I don't even know it because they are explaining it in coding terms and all I know is when I clicky the Playon channel it keeps trying to load it over and over. Not that there seems to be a malformed piece of code in the dowhile statement that is causing a infinite loop when it attempts to run the resetchannellist class. So I might miss the solution. And normally, since there is so many pages I end up doing a search for Playon channel won't load because that's all I know and it turns out that it was happening for all kinds of sources like playon and ustv and youtube but I don't use them so I haven't tested them and don't know they are an issue to. So all the threads that say upnp sources refresh doesn't time out get passed up by me. So until there is a "Current Issues being looked at" section to go through before asking then it's pretty difficult for someone like me to sort and read through 50 pages of people just tossing out idea, program issues, feature requests, and code updates to look for what might be might same problem. So I post it in here and it just sits...and sits...and sits....and YES I get pissy and put a comment in here and all of the sudden everyone (not just saying you) who didn't have a free second has all the time in the world to post rebuttals on here and spend time looking though previous posts to paste links on how some other person was too dumb to figure it out himself and they fixed his on page 36 thread #5002 that was worded similar but not really and I should have done my due diligence and noticed that before I wasted everyone's time. I'm happy to do anything that you smart people need in order to keep the ball rolling forward. I try to follow all the rules and No, I don't expect one on one help every time. Just a reply. "Looking" works fine for me. Then I'll wait and read every single post from that point forward until you put something for me to do or tell everyone there is an update and I will ready the changelogs to see if my issue is resolved in there. But when you paste a chunk of code in here for someone to reference and then I paste a chunk half that size for people to look at and get ignored for days and days and finally I bitch and immediately get some response saying. You have to put your code in pastebin and then post a link or nobody will look at it. Follow the rules or you get ignored. Then I get shitty. I did look through the FAQ page about this, I searched the forums for my problem and I couldn't find anything or, if I did, then someone else had posted and never gotten a reply either. I also was going to paste my kodi log and submit the logs from PTVL as i'm told to do but they were giant and crash my computer attempting to do it so I can't. If it's in here then, i'm sorry, I missed it. But I don't know which way you want it. You say I shouldn't expect one on one help so I post and wait until your have the time in your busy day to address it. Then I find out you were ignoring it because you felt I should have seen it somewhere. I have also posted general questions in other threads about the PlayOn channels and Pseudo Library addon to figure out how to add live channels that have the current show in their channel name and have gotten no help there either. It make take a couple of time for you tell us how exactly things work around here but I assure you, some of us are trying. I know you are frustrated with the ones who don't look stuff up and want immediate help but not all of us are like that and take serious offense when we are treated like bothersome, bottom feeders who are living off of your good graces. Sometime the answer isn't in there or we looked and didn't see it. Tell us where we missed it or a general area to look and I'll go back and check. I love to help. I've wrote docs, created fanart and icons, and reviewed stuff for others. I just need to be inspired to want to help someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues when Adding a PlayOn Channel0