Linux Kodi 16 RC1 Issues & Recommendations
Hey everyone,
So I've been an avid user of Kodi for quite some time, I've seen it grow by leaps and bounds which I'm very happy about. But I wanted some user feedback and honestly help with the Jarvis release and if I'm the only person experiencing issues with stream issues from a Windows Server. My box is setup to pull files from my Windows Server, that is ran with 1Gbps Ethernet cable. The actual box is located in my living room but pulls from said server across the wireless 5G network at about 300Mbps. So with that background, I'll also say I continually update this box almost on a daily basis with kernel patches etc.

The issue(s) I've been experiencing (which may be configuration based):

- When attempting to stream a movie from the server the box freezes and locks up, this wasn't an issue prior to RC1. But to eliminate all possible performance related issue(s), I upgraded the CPU, GPU, and RAM. The system now runs an i5 sandy bridge, on a solid state 250GB Samsung EvO, with a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB. I've debated downgrading but really don't like the idea of doing as such.

So while there aren't many guides on really configuration the box for performance I wanted to ask, what are the recommended playback and acceleration settings for the best performance. I'm of the mind I'd rather have video that doesn't buffer or freeze even if it means sacrificing a little of the video quality. Also do I need to make any changes to other configurations as a general rule of thumb, I actually use the default settings for everything except the skin and the few add-on(s) I do have. The only thing I've found is to disable logging can help with performance (which I did), and some guides that tell you how to increase cache sizes. But I didn't see one for Kodibuntu, can anyone advise where the file is and what I need to change in Kodibuntu to increase cache size?

Thank you so much to anyone that can help in anyway.
If you would post your Debug Log of such a freeze one could get a better idea.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 RC1 Issues & Recommendations0