Anime and Absolute Ordering w/ TVDB
I love this program and it works great for scraping all my movies, cartoons, and tv shows, however I want to organize my Anime through absolute ordering EP - 05 vs. s01e05

and have NFO's created for each episode like I have for everything else .

Is it possible to do this through this app with TVDB doing the scraping?
at the moment we are not aware of "seasonless" absolute numbering. I am unsure whether we can add them or not - they just bring problems.

e.g. our detection engine will not detect the episode 5 out of the string 05 (this could be part of the title..).

I suggest you to put everything into season 0/1.

how does a anime show look like in thetvdb?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thank you for the response, on TVDB it shows up two ways 1 - with ordering by season and each episode has an absolute number assigned to it.

Also in Kodi there is an option with the TVDB as the scraper for tv shows to use Absolute numbering and it shows up like this 1x01 1x250 etc. So what I have done for now is just used kodi's scraper w/ the TVDB w/ absolute ordering but I would rather have an offline NFO and JPG associated with each episode

Let me know if you need any more information

Thanks again
Is there a place I can upload the pictures to show you examples
http://www.imgur.com/
(2016-02-01, 16:27)mlaggner Wrote: at the moment we are not aware of "seasonless" absolute numbering. I am unsure whether we can add them or not - they just bring problems.

e.g. our detection engine will not detect the episode 5 out of the string 05 (this could be part of the title..).

I suggest you to put everything into season 0/1.

how does a anime show look like in thetvdb?

Actually you can do it by setting up a custom regex.

It's how I like to sort my anime and it works flawlessly. I posted how to do it a while back on another thread, but it may be of interest to you:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=anime
Thumbs Up 
Hi, excuse me for beating this dead horse/thread. Wink
But i would like to give an example and clarify the requirements of this feature. (Even if I not original posted it)

What i need is for tmm to make a connection form this filename
Code:
One Piece - S01E234 - Rescuing Our Friend! Raid on the Franky House! [F0326DB1].mkv
to this entry in thetvdb
https://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi...2152&lid=7 .

Thetvdb has a field for absolute episode number tmm 'just' needs to parse it.
Like in kodi it should be required to mark this Title to use absolute numbering for this to take effect.
This menu is reached when going to the context menu of a folder of a single show and selecting 'Change Content'. There is the option to configure the scraper for this show only.

This is the part of the scraper for tvdb that gets the episode list:
Code:
    <GetEpisodeList dest="3">
        <RegExp input="$$4" output="&lt;episodeguide&gt;\1&lt;/episodeguide&gt;" dest="3">
            <RegExp input="$$2" output="\2-\3" dest="10">
                <expression>http://(?:www\.)?thetvdb.com/api/(.+)/series/([0-9]*)/all/(.+).zip</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp conditional="!dvdorder">
                <!-- Regular episodes (Absolute order) -->
                <RegExp conditional="absolutenumber" input="$$1" output="&lt;episode&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;aired&gt;\3&lt;/aired&gt;&lt;epnum&gt;\4&lt;/epnum&gt;&lt;season&gt;1&lt;/season&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;$$10.xml&quot;&gt;$$2&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/episode&gt;" dest="4+">
                    <expression repeat="yes">&lt;Episode&gt;.*?&lt;id&gt;([0-9]*).*?&lt;EpisodeName&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;FirstAired&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;absolute_number&gt;([0-9]*).*?&lt;/Episode&gt;</expression>
                </RegExp>
                <!-- Specials (Absolute order) -->
                <RegExp conditional="absolutenumber" input="$$1" output="&lt;episode&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;aired&gt;\4&lt;/aired&gt;&lt;epnum&gt;\3&lt;/epnum&gt;&lt;season&gt;0&lt;/season&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;$$10.xml&quot;&gt;$$2&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/episode&gt;" dest="4+">
                    <expression repeat="yes">&lt;Episode&gt;.*?&lt;id&gt;([0-9]*).*?&lt;EpisodeName&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;EpisodeNumber&gt;([0-9]*).*?&lt;FirstAired&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;SeasonNumber&gt;0&lt;/SeasonNumber&gt;.*?&lt;/Episode&gt;</expression>
                </RegExp>
                <!-- Normal episodes -->
                <RegExp conditional="!absolutenumber" input="$$1" output="&lt;episode&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;$$10.xml&quot;&gt;$$2&lt;/url&gt;&lt;epnum&gt;\3&lt;/epnum&gt;&lt;season&gt;\5&lt;/season&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;aired&gt;\4&lt;/aired&gt;&lt;/episode&gt;" dest="4">
                    <expression repeat="yes">&lt;Episode&gt;.*?&lt;id&gt;([0-9]+).*?&lt;EpisodeName&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;EpisodeNumber&gt;([0-9]+)[^&lt;]*.*?&lt;FirstAired&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/FirstAired&gt;.*?&lt;SeasonNumber&gt;([0-9]+)[^&lt;]*.*?&lt;/Episode&gt;</expression>
                </RegExp>
            </RegExp>
            <!-- DVD order -->
            <RegExp conditional="dvdorder" input="$$1" output="&lt;episode&gt;&lt;title&gt;\4&lt;/title&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;$$10.xml&quot;&gt;$$2&lt;/url&gt;&lt;epnum&gt;\2&lt;/epnum&gt;&lt;season&gt;\3&lt;/season&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;aired&gt;\5&lt;/aired&gt;&lt;/episode&gt;" dest="4">
                <expression repeat="yes">&lt;Episode&gt;.*?&lt;id&gt;([0-9]+).*?&lt;Combined_episodenumber&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;Combined_season&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;EpisodeName&gt;([^&lt;]*).*?&lt;FirstAired&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/FirstAired&gt;.*?&lt;/Episode&gt;</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1"/>
        </RegExp>
    </GetEpisodeList>
If I understand you right, you simply want to tell the scraper to match with the absolute number?
Renaming, displaying in tmm, etc. will stay with our S/E rules (S01E234)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for the reply.

Yes that would be enough.

The aim is to achieve a maximum of automation.

I don't want to sort any new episodes manually in TMM.
Just 'update' and 'scrape new Episodes'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime and Absolute Ordering w/ TVDB0