Kodi does not recognise FLAC-files
Hi,

I'm currently migrating from a different media center software to Kodi. From this installation I have a really huge archive of ripped CD's stored as FLAC-files (in a file structure artist/album/track). My problem: all these FLAC-files come with no extension. Resulting from that Kodi does not recognise them.

Any idea how I can solve this problem without renaming ten-thousands of files or with re-ripping CD's?

Thanks!
use a program that adds a extension.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
hm...for sure, re-ripping is not necessary.
if kodi does not check the file structure and only checks the extension, I fear there is no other way than to rename the files.

there are plenty of tools outside which could do automatic renaming for you (with fancy gui and all that stuff) or you stick with command-line if you run a linux box.
it depends if you have ONLY flac-files in the folders or if there are any other files (cover, lyrics, playlists, nfo's, ...) inside the folder too, and if the other files have extensions or not.

for example, if only your flac files do not have an extension the command would look like this:

Code:
find /path -type f -not -name "*.*" -exec mv "{}" "{}".flac \;

this searches for all files without extension and adds the .flac extension.
if you have also textfiles or else without extension it maybe is helpful to let 'find' search only for bigger files like

Code:
find /path -size +1M -type f ...

you could also let the -exec command look like:

Code:
find .... -exec echo mv ...

so you will see what move commands will be executed, so you can have a look if the result is what you want.
Sounds good...thanks@tausche
FWIW, my FireTV with Kodi 15.2 won't play .flac files but my Chromebox with OE 6.0 does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not recognise FLAC-files0