Release Football Panel - script.screensaver.football.panel
script.screensaver.football.panel

A football panel made for Kodi.
Livescores, League tables and RSS feeds as a screensaver or program addon. Fully customizable, each item is updated on time intervals and scrolls through the screen. Presents the team logos, score, goal details, time and redcards.
Powered by http://www.thesportsdb.com

Source code & Licence
https://github.com/enen92/script.screens...ball.panel
GPL V2

Options
  • Shows fanarts of your favourite leagues as a fallback (if no live events are on)
  • Update intervals can be costumized
  • Option to hide finished games or games that have not started
  • You can choose which league tables to display
  • You can choose a custom RSS feed
  • Matches start times will be converted for your timezone
  • You can hide leagues from being presented on the livescores panel

Notes
Requires script.module.thesportsdb v1.0.0 to work

Screenshots

I'll submit both addons to the official repo in a few days to assure no bugs are found Smile For now installation of both addons must be done manually.
Tested and working well. For anyone else testing a new install by installing by zip you will need to install:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/sc...dule.pytz/
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/sc...eedparser/

I find all the scrolling quite distracting. Is it possible to fade or just allow keyboard to navigate?

Also the time delay really needs to be slower or configurable. I can hardly see the scores before they scroll off the screen.

League tables also scrolls much too fast. Might be nicer to have that static and just change top/bottom instead of scrolling.

I think the sky sports news keeps scrolling to a minimum only at bottom of screen for exactly this reason Wink

Lastly I had some games "postponed" but they still show when I select don't show games that have not started option.

Great work! A fantastic addition to Kodi.

EDIT: Watching Sky Sports news these days, nothing really scrolls any more, all is popups or fades.

Humm..I doubt those scroll times can be configured without changing the window xml at least there is no method in the documentation. The problem with keyboard navigation is that the addon is also intended to work as a screensaver. This is honestly just for "bars" or those lazy weekends when you are so busy working you find football and sound distracting. So, you keep an eye on the stats only Smile Better to have them on the TV than checking your phone all the time.
Also I added the option to ignore leagues to reduce the scores to the minimum...only for the leagues you watch. I agree the scroll time for the tables can also be a bit too high but tables are updated only after 8 minutes so there is plenty of time to check them out Smile Space is also a limitation if logos are available.
The next script I'm coding is a bit similar to your suggestions since it will allow to bring a livescores dialog on top of the current window, each livescore being a listitem that will map to event details and line-ups.

Nice find that one of the postponed matches
If you still want to change the scroll times:

tables: https://github.com/enen92/script.screens...n.xml#L155
livescores: https://github.com/enen92/script.screens...n.xml#L238
Thank you very much for a great looking addon/screensaver.

I have just 2 small issues:

1- I have chosen 4 different leagues to display, yet only one gets displayed and keep on scrolling continuously without ever moving on to another league table.
2- Looking at the current Premier League table, Arsenal are in second place when they should be listed third on goal difference behind Man. City.

Thank you again for a very promising addition to Kodi.
The tables are my fault, the logic isnt quite right yet as it doesnt take into account goal difference.

Will take a look.
(2016-02-02, 04:39)ot7849 Wrote: 1- I have chosen 4 different leagues to display, yet only one gets displayed and keep on scrolling continuously without ever moving on to another league table.

Thank you for the feedback and nice findings as well. The tables were being randomized, the main problem is that if a small number of leagues were chosen the probability of getting the same table again was a bit high. I changed the logic behind the table selection and they are now shuffled on startup (to assure a bit of randomness) and update sequencially. Also made a few changes to livescores so the update intervals can be reduced (to avoid repeated requests to the database website).
Changes can be found on github (master branch) - v.1.0.1
https://github.com/enen92/script.screens...ball.panel

(2016-02-02, 04:39)ot7849 Wrote: 2- Looking at the current Premier League table, Arsenal are in second place when they should be listed third on goal difference behind Man. City.
Thank you again for a very promising addition to Kodi.

In addition to what zag said the website is also a community effort. In this case it is not something the community can solve (only Zag - the website owner) but sometimes the problems with tables is just some score that has not been imported previously. If that's the case, just head over to the list of season matches and try to find/fix the missing scores:

http://www.thesportsdb.com/season.php?l=4328&s=1516

Let me know if the addon is working better now Smile It should at least
Cheers
Thank you for the quick turnaround. I have updated the addon.

Sadly, issue #1 remains; I have the top 4 leagues of the following countries selected :English,Spanish,Italian & French.
I only get one league table scrolling at any given time.back and forth.
Only if I close the addon and re-open it, do I get another national table, which itself never changes.
I have not looked at the code but it seems that the randomize call is made outside the main loop which would explain the problem.

Issue #2 is a source issue and not your problem. I think it comes from some leagues which tabulate the head to head results rather than the goal difference.

New: Issue #3: html tags are now showing in the rss feed.

Looking forward to your progress.
Thank you again.
(2016-02-02, 19:27)ot7849 Wrote: Thank you for the quick turnaround. I have updated the addon.

Sadly, issue #1 remains; I have the top 4 leagues of the following countries selected :English,Spanish,Italian & French.
I only get one league table scrolling at any given time.back and forth.
Only if I close the addon and re-open it, do I get another national table, which itself never changes.
I have not looked at the code but it seems that the randomize call is made outside the main loop which would explain the problem.

Issue #2 is a source issue and not your problem. I think it comes from some leagues which tabulate the head to head results rather than the goal difference.

New: Issue #3: html tags are now showing in the rss feed.

Looking forward to your progress.
Thank you again.

Which time interval do you have set for table update on the addon settings? By default tables are set to be updated every 8 minutes which can explain why you don't see any changes. Can you reduce the time to 1 min for the table update interval and check if they are in fact updated? If not please send me your settings.xml (userdata/addon_data/script.screensaver.football.panel) so I can see if I can reproduce the error.

I'll cleanup the html tags from the RSS feed that's quite simple.

Cheers
Quote:Which time interval do you have set for table update on the addon settings? By default tables are set to be updated every 8 minutes which can explain why you don't see any changes. Can you reduce the time to 1 min for the table update interval and check if they are in fact updated? If not please send me your settings.xml (userdata/addon_data/script.screensaver.football.panel) so I can see if I can reproduce the error.

I'll cleanup the html tags from the RSS feed that's quite simple.

Cheers

My bad, I thought the interval was set to pull the data. I have set it to 1 minute and indeed it randomizes beautifully.
Thank you.

I have now set this as my permanent Kodi screensaver to replace the weather one.
Cheers
Html should now be stripped from the RSS feed - version 1.1.0 in github.
Let's see if more bugs pop up so it can be submitted to the official repository.
Just looking at the api stats and this add-on seems to be causing a lot of load to the lookup_all_teams.php method. Is there any way to reduce load at all?

Its not that important, I just see its called 300,000 times in the last week Wink Basically the same as the live score method hits.

Hum I am away but I think i do it to grab the team logos. You probably could send this info right away when calling tables or i should cache the values locally and only call then if a certain timedelta is achivied. I'll look into it this week

Thanks for reporting

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
(2016-09-04, 22:47)zag Wrote: Just looking at the api stats and this add-on seems to be causing a lot of load to the lookup_all_teams.php method. Is there any way to reduce load at all?

Its not that important, I just see its called 300,000 times in the last week Wink Basically the same as the live score method hits.

Hopefully this PR will reduce the load on the database. By default it will only request new logos if the last time the information was requested is > 1 week.
Thanks commented.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Football Panel - script.screensaver.football.panel1