Share the Kodi database with QNAP TS-451
Question 
Hello everybody,

maybe someone has already done this and can help me.

I have trouble sharing the Kodi databases between all of my clients.

My hardware:
QNAP TS-451: Running Kodi 15.2 and a MySQL server (which is setup to hold the databases)
Win10 PC: Running Kodi 15.2 using the database on the MySQL server on the QNAP
Android Tablet: Running Kodi 15.2 using the database on the MySQL server on the QNAP
All devices hold their own folders for thumbnails, since i have read there is some trouble sharing this folder.

The only thing I have trouble with is the Kodi running on the QNAP, I don't know how to get this client to work with the MySQL Server, I've put the advancedsetting.xml in the directory that I figured out and because of the client reacting to it I think the folder was correct. But instead of having the data all other clients have i got nothing but a clean database.

So I need some help setting up the QNAP client, has anybody done this before and is able to help me?

best regards Niriel
need a debug log.
Hello helta,

can you tell me where to find it?

Best regards
Niriel
follow this -> Debug Log
Sorry for answering this late, but I had no time to check my QNAP until now.

Thanks for your help.

The Problem was that the database user from the QNAP was not allowed to access my database on my server.
Hi,

I'm a french User and i want do exactly the same thing that you did.

So I got an Qnap Ts-253A Pro with Kodi and a MariaDb for sharing Database between many peripherals.

Everything is fine (On my Cellular,Computer,Tablet) except on the Nas. Kodi doesn't found any database...

What did you do exactly? Did you just change the AdvanceSettings.Xml with new credentials and report it on the Db with my PhpAdmin?

Thanks a lot if you answer to me i'm searchin for a solution since many hours...
Hi izif,

I assume that you placed an advancedsettings.xml in the Kodi Folder of the NAS, as you did on all other devices.

Check the Users in phpAdmin.

The user kodi@QNAP needs access to the database.

If you still have Problems check the link that David1977 posted, and have a look at the logfile. If you can't find the problem in the logfile remove all passwords mentioned in the logfile and attach at your next post.

regards
Niriel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share the Kodi database with QNAP TS-4510