Android Kodi 15.2 and HooToo TripMate Titan
I am looking to make Kodi and my media mobile. I am looking at the HooToo TripMate Titan as a portable wi-fi router to hook my 2 TB portable HD to. However, I am not entirely clear that this wi-fi router will play nice with Kodi as it appears that a special app will be needed to connect to the router to access the drive.

Can some of the tech guru's give me their opinions on this potable router with Kodi in mind?

Thanks....

Johnny
AnyoneHuh
It should have SMB and UPnP available, both of which work in Kodi.
I use the HooToo Tripmate HT-TM06 to serve up a 2 TB portable HD and it works great with my Fire TV Stick with Kodi. The whole system is nice & compact.
Kodi access it as a SMB drive. You just need to give it the user name & password from the HooToo.

Cheers,

Ed
I sometimes do similar with a RavPower Filehub, by similar methods and with similar success.

The apps tend to be for simple noob and non-techie convenience rather than being a requirement.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-02-06, 00:51)TexEd Wrote: I use the HooToo Tripmate HT-TM06 to serve up a 2 TB portable HD and it works great with my Fire TV Stick with Kodi. The whole system is nice & compact.
Kodi access it as a SMB drive. You just need to give it the user name & password from the HooToo.

Cheers,

Ed

I had mine doing this, as well, but a reset of my tablet has given me issues accessing the SMB share. Could it be that Jarvis is the issue? I will go back and try to install a previous version of Kodi, but look forward to any input from the community.

Otherwise, I will go with my latest fix of putting a Raspberry Pi hooked up to the RSE system, and running Kodi off of the pi. Works like a champ, other than having to get thumbnails working on the USB stick (the children are learning to read, but not quite there, yet) as pictures are easier than words.

Thanks for reading.
(2016-02-06, 00:51)TexEd Wrote: I use the HooToo Tripmate HT-TM06 to serve up a 2 TB portable HD and it works great with my Fire TV Stick with Kodi. The whole system is nice & compact.

Cheers,

Ed

Hello

I try to add my HooToo Tripmate with a 3To external HD as a video source to kodi. (I get to Video, files, add files etc..). But kodi never asks me for the user name and the password so i can't get access to my HD files.

Where do you provide the user name and password?

Thanks

Edit : I added a password to my tripmate and now it works
Hello

hootoo is connected to LAN + connected to a ICY DOCK USB HUB with HDD. I can reach the files on HDD via my windows 10 laptop, so connectivity is ok
I have kodi 16.1 on amazon fire, also on LAN, and would like to access files on HDD

for SMB, I put the IP of hootoo, but which login ? admin with default pwd ? or a new one ?
other config required on kodi ?
Firstly you'll need to connect to the HooToo's wifi network, which should need a suitable password.

If everything is set up correctly and the HooToo is bridging correctly and logged into your LAN itself, that wifi network should then be connected to your LAN and so essentially your fire should then be on your LAN.

Then within Kodi, you should be able to see and connect to the HDD in the same way that you can from your Windows laptop. If you have usernames and/or passwords set up for access via the Icy Dock, then those are what you need to put in.

All the HooToo is doing is acting as a wifi bridge between the Fire and your LAN, so once you're logged into its wifi it then becomes invisible (or should do anyway).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello

setup :
hootoo trimate connected to LAN, along with my laptop windows 10 and amazon fire tv 5.2.1;1 with SPMC 16.4.2 (Kodi) installed
all in wifi. icy dock connected in USB to tripmate, with HDD inserted (NTFS)

results
1) from laptop via I I have access to all files on HDD via share : \\HT-TM05\WiFiDisk1_Volume2\

2) from kodi, I configure
> system - setting - services
smb client : default settings

> videos - files - add videos - add video source : browse for share - add network location :
protocol : windows network (smb)
server name : \HT-TM05
shared folder : <empty>
username : admin
password : <hootoo pwd>

I connect successfully, I can see all folders, but not a single file ....

can help ? something wrong in that config ?
thanks

:

Cheers,

Ed

How do you access the attached USB from Kodi?
I have the same HT-TM06 as the network/internet provider, with a Sandisk 64Gb attached, Kodi on FireStick connected to the same network but Kodi never find this storage... No source os SMB address available to type in.

Any suggestion?
Thread moved to peripherals.

If you point Kodi at the IP address of the device, the SMB should appear as a shared drive in that (at least it does on my FileHub which is basically the same).

You may need to check on the dashboard of the HooToo that SMB sharing is enabled, and also depending on which version of Kodi you are using you might need to adjust the minimum SMB settings as I'm not sure what version of SMB these devices use (if it's SMB1 then you could need to make adjustments if you're on Leia or later versions of Krypton, as they may not see SMB1 by default).

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 and HooToo TripMate Titan0