[Windows] Keep Kodi Always-on-Top (instead of minimizing on focus loss)
(2019-08-26, 20:13)Shine Wrote: Since more and more people are PMing me asking for a v18 port of this patch, here's my public answer:
Quote:Kodi 18 never worked properly for me, not during beta and not the final build. So I'm personally staying with 17 for now. Therefore no plans to port this to v18 at this time, sorry. If ever any v18.x version works for me, then I might consider porting this patch.

That's the status from early this year, right when 18.0 got released. I haven't tried any newer 18.x build ever since, partly because I'm happy with v17 so far, but mainly because time wouldn't permit anyway.

Anybody feel free to pick up from here, this is open source after all! :-)    

Hi,what exactly didnt work properly for you in Kodi 18?
Because I think 18.4 is better with everything compared to 17.6.
Kodi v18.4 "Leia" is really good! You should try it!!
So its very frustrating that there is no proper always on top option available anywhere on the internet for kodi like the one you made.
Maybe the Kodi developers will wake up one day and decide to put the same always on top option like you did.
It's about time after 10 years.Jesus.
(2019-10-14, 18:55)kennypenny Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 20:13)Shine Wrote: Since more and more people are PMing me asking for a v18 port of this patch, here's my public answer:
Quote:Kodi 18 never worked properly for me, not during beta and not the final build. So I'm personally staying with 17 for now. Therefore no plans to port this to v18 at this time, sorry. If ever any v18.x version works for me, then I might consider porting this patch.

That's the status from early this year, right when 18.0 got released. I haven't tried any newer 18.x build ever since, partly because I'm happy with v17 so far, but mainly because time wouldn't permit anyway.

Anybody feel free to pick up from here, this is open source after all! :-)     

Hi,what exactly didnt work properly for you in Kodi 18?
Because I think 18.4 is better with everything compared to 17.6.
Kodi v18.4 "Leia" is really good! You should try it!!
So its very frustrating that there is no proper always on top option available anywhere on the internet for kodi like the one you made.
Maybe the Kodi developers will wake up one day and decide to put the same always on top option like you did.
It's about time after 10 years.Jesus. 

Exactly
I know this is an old topic, but I´ve found a solution for Windows 10 using autohotkey and this script:

Code:
^SPACE:: Winset, Alwaysontop, , A

Once you’ve launched it, select Kodi window and press Ctrl+Space.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Keep Kodi Always-on-Top (instead of minimizing on focus loss)5