ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I think for many 10-bit HEVC decode, with 8-bit output, will be fine for conventional non-HDR, non-Rec2020 content. (If this exists)

If it is of any use the C2 thread in the ODRoid forums mentions that it is a new S905 with alpha blending bugs fixed. For $40 IF Kodi support for 10 bit decode (not output necessarily) is present then this could, be a very popular little board. Pity about the lack of 3D Frame Packed output (it seems), but if HD Audio happens, then this could be great.

Slightly concerned about the elderly kernel though. Do hope I can get recent DVB-T2 tuners to work on it if I buy one to play with. It looks to benchmark faster than the S805-based C1/C1+. Pity there isn't any USB 3.0 I/O - but for $40...

I don't think this will push the Pi Foundation to push a more powerful board out imminently. Think they have decided the $5 Pi Zero is a priority to get more computers into people's hands. Apparently they had a more powerful device in design, but switched to the Zero when they were advised the current Pi B+/Pi 2 B models were still a barrier to adoption in some areas. They can't make enough Zeroes to keep up with demand at the moment...

(Now the Pi Zero can also run in USB gadget mode - i.e. pretend to be a USB keyboard, mouse, ethernet adaptor, serial port, mass transfer device etc. - it has become even more useful for some applications.)

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by noggin - 2016-02-03, 18:13

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $464.110