ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Thanks for the great information guys. Is Amlogic as hard-core about NDA (non-disclosure) requirements as Broadcom is? I was hoping that a totally open piece of hardware would help speed things along, but I don't know that Amlogic is any more open than Broadcom, perhaps you guys could elaborate on that?

Until there is good deinterlacing, the wife isn't going to be very receptive to swapping out the Pi2 I use in the living room for a C2. I'm not going to be happy until I have 7.1 sound that I've come to love, 2.0 isn't going to cut it at my house. Passthrough is fine with me. Most of what we (at home here) use the Pi for is recorded TV that is SD interlaced MPEG-2 (480i), though we do watch a few HD programs live as well. I was hoping to be able to eventually swap in a C2 to get the program guide up quicker (lots of OTA channels here in houston)

I really hope that there isn't any hardware limitation to getting SD MPEG-2 scaled and deinterlaced nicely and/or getting Dolby passthrough from the C2. As long as the limits are in software, I'm good with waiting for the fixes.

I'm looking at playing with the new fork, LibreELEC too. I won't stick the C2 into "production" here at home, but I will be trying to make use of it as much as possible.

I'm a regular C programmer from way back and been dinking with Linux since it came on floppies ('94), but I know next to nothing about how all this OpenELEC stuff fits together. I always wanted to build my own copy of a Milhouse nightly, but just didn't find the time to do it. I'm not too handy with C++ either. I'm going to try building Kodi (Jarvis) from scratch and tinker with it under Ubuntu on the C2.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by afremont - 2016-03-29, 15:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610