• 8(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
in YOU all hope
(2016-03-30, 07:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Android Testing: - SPMC 16.1.2 (Kodi Jarvis)

--> 23.976fps VC-1 plays back with stutters (AML Kernel issue)

Hi!

Do you think this kernel issue will be fixed? If so, when? It's really a shame that I can't play some 1080p@24 movies with VC-1, when I surely can play 4k@60p hevc movies smoothly.Sounds really strange
(2016-03-31, 02:38)soadzoor Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 07:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Android Testing: - SPMC 16.1.2 (Kodi Jarvis)

--> 23.976fps VC-1 plays back with stutters (AML Kernel issue)

Hi!

Do you think this kernel issue will be fixed? If so, when? It's really a shame that I can't play some 1080p@24 movies with VC-1, when I surely can play 4k@60p hevc movies smoothly.Sounds really strange

It's as strange as SD DVDs not playing properly if they have interlaced content - even though the same MPEG2 resolution and frame rate content de-interlaces fine in other wrappers.

There appear to be a number of bugs that are taking a while to sort.
deleted
I've been reading quite a bit on the forums about this device in comparison to the RPi 3 among others. I think I'd like to try it out, but I have a few questions.

I am going on the assumption that with the Android OS that runs on the Odroid C2, the same limitations that apply to DRM apps such as Netflix on "non-approved" Netflix devices also apply to this device? Meaning, 480p maximum resolution with Netflix, correct? Not a deal breaker, as the main goal with the board would be Kodi, but I just wanted to make sure.

Besides Netflix, are other Android streaming apps (such as Hulu, HBO GO, Amazon Prime, etc.) also restricted to 480p maximum resolution, or only Netflix?

Of course, the big question is OpenElec for this device. Is it unrealistic to anticipate a build of OE for this within the next 6 months?

Thanks for your help in advance. This wouldn't be my "one and only" Kodi device but I would like to give it a work out and see how it performs.
Netflix will definitely be 480p Max resolution and very likely those other DRM Apps as well.

I've switched camps and have been compiling LibreELEC (OpenELEC fork) for the C2 today. It's nice and quick, especially with the eMMC card. 4K is still a work in progress as is dynamic refresh rate switching. Lock the refresh rate at 60hz and nearly everything plays pretty well.

Dolby digital and AC3 pass through untested. Normal 2.0 audio is fine.
Basic HDMI CEC control works too.

I will have a test version out tomorrow

Excellent news! That's so great to hear. I know that the C2 is out of stock until the end of the month, so I won't get to mess with it for a while anyway, but this is very encouraging.

So I suppose that an eMMC card is pretty much a "must" to order along with the board to get a good experience with it? Because I was considering using a UHS-1 card (Samsung EVO+) with it. Unless that's a bad idea.

4K isn't an issue for me, since I just have an older Sony Bravia.

Thanks wrxtasy. I've learned quite a bit by reading your posts, and you saved me some cash I was considering putting down on one of the cheap Chinese Android box clones. I appreciate your hard work!
(2016-04-06, 18:18)cparker63 Wrote: Excellent news! That's so great to hear. I know that the C2 is out of stock until the end of the month, so I won't get to mess with it for a while anyway, but this is very encouraging.

So I suppose that an eMMC card is pretty much a "must" to order along with the board to get a good experience with it? Because I was considering using a UHS-1 card (Samsung EVO+) with it. Unless that's a bad idea.
Not a must - particularly in LibreElec/OpenElec which doesn't make intensive use of disk, unless - I suspect - you have a large library? Even then a fast uSD card is probably not horrific. eMMC may be better - but not cheap.
(2016-04-06, 17:38)wrxtasy Wrote: Netflix will definitely be 480p Max resolution and very likely those other DRM Apps as well.

I've switched camps and have been compiling LibreELEC (OpenELEC fork) for the C2 today. It's nice and quick, especially with the eMMC card. 4K is still a work in progress as is dynamic refresh rate switching. Lock the refresh rate at 60hz and nearly everything plays pretty well.

Dolby digital and AC3 pass through untested. Normal 2.0 audio is fine.
Basic HDMI CEC control works too.

I will have a test version out tomorrow

So at the moment - no real benefit over Wetek Media Player under Android? Hope refresh rate switching gets fixed soon. Suspect if I can fix at 50Hz I'll be reasonably happy at the moment.
Development version of LibreELEC 7.0.0 just finished compiling:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0-devel.img
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0-devel.tar

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20415

(2016-04-07, 12:17)wrxtasy Wrote: Development version of LibreELEC 7.0.0 just finished compiling:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0-devel.img
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0-devel.tar

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20415

Interesting work, and great to see LibreElec on the C2.

Looks like refresh rate changes made manually in the UI work when not playing, but don't when playing (for the same reason that automatic frame rate changes don't work?) In both cases I get invalid video output from the C2 (and my AVR blue-screens)

Still the same issues with MPEG2 DVDs (you have to disable deinterlacing to avoid weird juddering - which is fine for native progressive content, but means playing back native interlaced DVDs isn't a goer) Did notice that if I have deinterlacing enabled and enter the UI, the judder goes away (but presumably this is because the UI inhibits deinterlacing?) Bob and Bob-Invert don't help, they both judder still.

One thing I noticed is that the UI seem a lot more fluid when in playback than when in stop. Is this to do with the v-sync stuff that was added to avoid tearing of the UI when not playing back video? It's kind of the opposite to the Pi 3.

Live TV from TV Headend : SD MPEG2 576/50i+MP2 audio and 1080/50i+AAC audio HD H264 both look and sound good. Deinterlacing of both to 50p (not 25p) looks OK.

No Passthrough - as expected, and PCM 2.0 only.

Early days - but promising. Don't have any HD HEVC to test that side of things with. Haven't bothered trying 2160p UHD stuff as the output is limited to 1080p at the moment.
Hi guys, is there a way I can install acestream on the C2?
LibreElec is working great since I started using it last week
Thanks wrxtasy
(2016-04-12, 17:50)Alien0 Wrote: Hi guys, is there a way I can install acestream on the C2?
Thanks wrxtasy

Looks like Acestream is a piracy-based service. No discussions or support for that here please.

Broadly speaking, if you are using add ons in Kodi to watch stuff that you'd normally have to pay for, then please don't discuss it here. (It doesn't matter whether it is legal in your territory or not)
(2016-04-12, 18:04)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 17:50)Alien0 Wrote: Hi guys, is there a way I can install acestream on the C2?
Thanks wrxtasy

Looks like Acestream is a piracy-based service. No discussions or support for that here please.

Broadly speaking, if you are using add ons in Kodi to watch stuff that you'd normally have to pay for, then please don't discuss it here. (It doesn't matter whether it is legal in your territory or not)

It's not on the list of banned addons
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Also it worked on the C1
(2016-04-12, 18:10)Alien0 Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 18:04)noggin Wrote:
Thanks wrxtasy

It's not on the list of banned addons
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Also it worked on the C1

If you read the top of the banned add-on list wiki page :
The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds.
which is expanded here
Quote:All discussions dealing directly with or linking to add-ons, websites, or services that violate US copyright laws ("pirated content") will be closed when a forum moderator has been made aware of them. The original poster or add-on creator may provide a link to a website not hosted by Kodi for further discussion and inquiries.
Discussions for add-ons that link directly to pirated content and enables the user to access that content through the add-on will be shut down.
All links to pirated content will be removed. Requests on where to obtain pirated content will also removed.
"Pirated content" add-ons, websites, and services typically do not include the following (to be determined on a case-by-case basis if necessary):
<snip>
These rules apply only to the XBMC.org/Kodi.tv websites. At no point will any user be prevented from using Kodi as they so choose, nor will they be prevented from adding additional add-ons from any source they choose to use.

A quick Google of Acestream confirms that it is providing streams of a large number of pay-TV channels, and other copyright content that it has no rights to provide.

The banned addon list is not exhaustive - new piracy operations start all the time. Thanks for pointing out Acestream as a new one. I'm sure someone will edit the wiki to add it...

And it doesn't matter that it worked on the C1, discussing it here is not acceptable.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610