• 9(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Got it....will move on
Thanks
I've hunted down and sorted out Kodi Dynamic Refresh Rate switching, and that is now working with LibreELEC on the C2. Smile
Also compatible Pulse8 libCEC HDMI control from within Kodi Jarvis has now been added to the C2's S905 Kernel thanks to gda and Raybuntu.

The AML S905 has very good Frame Rate Automation improvements. I can even playback 25/50fps Broadcast TV at a hard locked 60Hz display output in Kodi and just let the S905's Kernel take care of the video Sync. Its pretty impressive, and an unexpected surprise.

Time to tackle true 4K video output and 5.1 AC3/DD Audio passthrough next.

(2016-04-12, 20:59)wrxtasy Wrote: The AML S905 has very good Frame Rate Automation improvements. I can even playback 25/50fps Broadcast TV at a hard locked 60Hz display output in Kodi and just let the S905's Kernel take care of the video Sync. Its pretty impressive, and an unexpected surprise.

As long as you don't use subs or anything else that is synced by kodi ... those are two mechanisms: kodi's rendermanager and AMLogic's "I don't care - I do it my self - no matter what kodi thinks" approach. Also something else: Video Sync is one thing ... Video to Audio sync another and here this approach is nuts by definition.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:10-bit HEVC decoding, video is output as 8-bit due to lack of Software Support (inc. Kodi)
Kodi does not influence video output _at all_ it's bypass rendering. All done in the amlogic blackbox ... we don't touch a single frame.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah Yes fritsch, I should have taken more notice of the Kodi Log....
Quote:NOTICE: GL: Using BYPASS render method

So we can get 10-bit output out of AML S9xx devices so long as the Kernel the 10-bit video output.

(2016-04-13, 14:07)wrxtasy Wrote: Ah Yes fritsch, I should have taken more notice of the Kodi Log....

So we can get 10-bit output out of AML S9xx devices so long as the Kernel the 10-bit video output.

Yeah :-) it needs an intelligent kernel to render 8 bit stuff correctly though. Ever thought what should happen of "standard" 8 bit content when output on a 10 bit display?
(2016-04-13, 14:21)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 14:07)wrxtasy Wrote: Ah Yes fritsch, I should have taken more notice of the Kodi Log....

Yeah :-) it needs an intelligent kernel to render 8 bit stuff correctly though. Ever thought what should happen of "standard" 8 bit content when output on a 10 bit display?

Yep... I guess if you aren't careful the 8 bits are ranged from the LSB not from the MSB... (So you get a very dim picture...)
wanna ask, for odroid c2 board, does it use s905h or s905? isit really that s905 have a bit issue with hevc 10bit acceleration?
Not seeing the pixellation issue with regular Progressive 2160p 10bit HEVC, it does show up on some 2160p 10 bit Interlaced Satellite TV test clips I have with the C2. Something to do with B Frames and motion I have been told if my memory is correct.

WeTek had to have this fixed on their S905's as they are using these SoC's in satellite TV tuner, 2160p Play 2 Kodi devices.
For regular progressive 2160p 10-bit HEVC content you would very likely not even be aware of the issue.

Hardware acceleration is fine, I can even run the Kodi GUI at 2160p60Hz with no slow downs, now I've patched a few things Smile

There is really 10 bit interlaced? LiveTV

From what I see future LiveTV is 2160p 10 bit 50 progressive.

Sample: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/f...c-10bit.ts
My Mediainfo inspection proggy, looks like it not giving enough metadata detail to tell.
I assumed it was interlaced, but I now suspect Progessive. Whatever uses less Transmission Bandwidth I would imagine..

Can you post the mediainfo?
This would be a Clip that causes pixellation issues on current S905's:
Code:
General
Unique ID : 232959683446843362321126063016007185169 (0xAF42672C38D7506189C3DC42F6103311)
Complete name : /Users/WRXTASY/Downloads/Video Test Files/10-bit/Astra-SES_Demo_UHD_satellite_end-of-2015.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 706 MiB
Duration : 3mn 59s
Overall bit rate : 24.7 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2015-11-04 20:30:27
Writing application : mkvmerge v8.5.1 ('Where you lead I will follow') 64bit
Writing library : libebml v1.3.3 + libmatroska v1.4.4

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 3mn 58s
Bit rate : 24.4 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 50.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.059
Stream size : 694 MiB (98%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited

Audio
ID : 2
Format : E-AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_EAC3
Duration : 3mn 58s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate : 187.500 fps (256 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -1s 44ms
Stream size : 12.7 MiB (2%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Looks progressive. Yeah 50p progressive, future live tv standard.
(2016-04-15, 05:39)wrxtasy Wrote: Not seeing the pixellation issue with regular Progressive 2160p 10bit HEVC, it does show up on some 2160p 10 bit Interlaced Satellite TV test clips I have with the C2. Something to do with B Frames and motion I have been told if my memory is correct.

WeTek had to have this fixed on their S905's as they are using these SoC's in satellite TV tuner, 2160p Play 2 Kodi devices.
For regular progressive 2160p 10-bit HEVC content you would very likely not even be aware of the issue.

Hardware acceleration is fine, I can even run the Kodi GUI at 2160p60Hz with no slow downs, now I've patched a few things Smile

does the pixellation issues happened randomly at c2, or at fixed scene/frame? i asked cuz im currently converting all my hi10p (anime mostly) collection to hevc main 10

im considering wetek play2, but not sure when it will be released...so im looking at odroid c2
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610