• 20(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Hey,

I'm on version LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.The.Fixer.img.zip . Can I just update with the latest LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.1-Kodi-Jarvis-16.1.tar file and skip the other ones?
Yes, you can skip around using various .zips of the same Kodi release. Sometimes Kodi gets a bit confused when you go forward and backward from say Jarvis to Krypton to Jarvis again. Always make a backup with LE settings when doing that just in case. Wink

Should be able to. The way LE and OE update means the kernel and file system other than your local storage (/storage) are both totally replaced. Because user settings are held in /storage (the only normally R/W bit of the OS AIUI) these are retained. You may find some skin and settings incompatibilities if you aren't using Confluence (or Estuary when the C2 reaches v17?)

I don't have many settings to backup so usually don't bother - but if you have a heavily customised system then it's worth doing.
I assume LibreELEC is built on top of Arch Linux?
(2016-05-26, 18:02)Exist2Resist Wrote: I assume LibreELEC is built on top of Arch Linux?

Not sure - it's very similar to OpenElec - they have just decided to go down different avenues and have split the project. It's described as a Just Enough Operating System. I'd always assumed it was a custom distro specifically for OE/LE rather than being based on others. It doesn't, AIUI, have a repo-type installation system for instance (no apt-get, yum, rpm etc.)
Has anyone tried out Moonlight in the 7.0.1 build?
Thanks to various companies making their v3.14 AML Kernel Open Source on GitHub, a guy called afl1 has come up with a fix for DTS-HD Audio passthrough for the S905.
Tested and confirmed working as well.
This will make a LOT of people pretty happy Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.DTS-HD.tar

Enjoy Smile
W.

(2016-05-26, 18:02)Exist2Resist Wrote: I assume LibreELEC is built on top of Arch Linux?

Open Embedded, I think: http://openembedded.org

LibreELEC is a fork of OpenELEC, which stands for Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center.
(2016-05-27, 17:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Thanks to various companies making their v3.14 AML Kernel Open Source on GitHub, a guy called afl1 has come up with a fix for DTS-HD Audio passthrough for the S905.
Tested and confirmed working as well.
This will make a LOT of people pretty happy Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.DTS-HD.tar

Enjoy Smile
W.

wrxtasy yo da man.
Are you going to port the fix to the 7.0.1 version?
Reason I ask is you were posting a 7.0.1 version yesterday or day prior and the DTS fix was added to 7.0.0.
Or is the 7.0.1 WIP at the moment?
Just a typo, its really LE 7.0.1, the most current release and not a WIP anymore Smile

Wait...you're telling me that this is already not true?
Some of it is still true, True HD and DTS-HD Audio passthrough is working properly during the latest testing.
See Post #2 for the current Audio status...

Progress has been remarkably good in the last month or so with a LOT of bugfixes on the C2 / AML S905.
EAC3 (DD+) Passthrough to go....
I have some ideas about that as well. Wink

Yes! DTS-HD MA playing from a 1080/50i DTS-HD MA clip on my C2! Brilliant work people!

Now - PCM 5.1/7.1 next surely! That's the killer thing next - so FLAC5.1/7.1 and AAC 5.1/71. multichannel work without transcoding (and quality loss)
Oh. Come. On. I've already decided I wanted new WeTeK by making great battle in my head and removing C2 from my list...and now you force me to add it to the competition again. Tongue

Anyway congratulations on your achievement!
(2016-05-27, 22:50)Draghmar Wrote: Oh. Come. On. I've already decided I wanted new WeTeK by making great battle in my head and removing C2 from my list...and now you force me to add it to the competition again. Tongue

Anyway congratulations on your achievement!

The work done on the C2 is likely to benefit the Wetek Hub - they have very similar SoCs.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610