ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-05-29, 20:48)MaDeMaNN Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 18:33)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe the C2 does output 32bpp Color, so updated the Kernel today including this interesting patch:
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/comm...e2cbbcf0ae

I not sure but the color ouput may look more saturated.
Went delving into Koying's old 3D MVC Archives today and plugged that in as well, ISO's supported. Appears to be working when looking at the logs.
No 3D TV to test tho. Outputs as Top/Bottom, Half Resolution if I'm not mistaken.

Fixed up 3D scaling in 2160p mode as well.

MySQL users will be happy as an old Davilla aka MrMC aka Sly Ol' Fox patch went in to drag configuration in from the dark ages from using the advancedsettings.xml file to configuration using the much friendlier Kodi GUI (found under services). Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.MVC.ISO.tar

W. Smile

Thanks wrxtasy for the update! I just loaded this on right now and tried out Ant-Man but it didnt automatically switch my TV into 3D mode. Is there a certain setting I need to enable? Once again thanks for your help. The DTS-HD works perfect now too!

Usually the reason for not switching it automatically is that your videofile has not H-SBS or TAB labels in its filenames. But I noticed pretty often, that kodi still sometimes does not recognize 3D even if labels are present. But one thing was ALWAYS reliable for 3D switching, no matter if filenametags are present or not:

I simply edited the File-Header with MKVtoolNix and set the Stereoscopic video mode to "1" (that means SBS) or "3" (that means TAB). After saving the header my TV switches directly to 3D and the MVC 3D sample video looks simply perfect in 3D (OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.0.0) on my Raspberry Pi2. Not tested yet on Odroid C2!

Summary:

1. Download mkvtoolnix
2. open the gui and switch to "File Header" tab
3. Drag and Drop your MKV file
4. Expand the Video-Stream
5. Scroll down to the botton of the expanded videostream headers
6. Choose there the stereoscopic line and set the value to 1
7. Save the changed header via the fileheader-drop-down-menu at the top of mkvtoolnix-gui.

All these steps take less than 10 seconds regardless of filesize, as only the header is being updated. I am setting all the stereomodes (1=SBS, 3=TAB/OU) since ever, as this makes sure that kodi and my TV switch properly into the correct 3D mode, regardless of any flags in the filename... I can only recommend everybody to do the same for every mkv file.

Also as far as I understood MVC seems to be always Stereoscopic-flag "1", so it equals SBS (don't know why... may be this is a bug right now, as flags 13 and 14 sound like they should be for MVC, but it did not work for me).

On my RPi2 this MVC testfile https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl...9XMDA/view switches into 3D automatically and plays properly if I edit the file header as described to 1 (equals SBS).

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by infinity85 - 2016-05-29, 22:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610