• 27(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
@wrxtasy: Is there a specific setting to enable 10-bit output for your LibreELEC image for the C2? I am not seeing any 10-bit output for 1080p or 2160p. I decided to get a C2 because of all the work you have been doing on the C2.
No 10bit video output support as I don't even understand the code. 10bit decoding only, using bypass rendering on Kodi Jarvis. I'm not even sure the drivers currently support 10bit output.

WeTek would be the strongest chance to implement 10bit output for a S905 SoC if ever, but even then it would be down the list of current priorities I would think. Surprises occasionally happen tho, especially if they are selling a 10bit capable 2160p Sat/TV Tuner platform in the Play2S.
Questions will naturally be asked during reviews and by users like "where is my 10bit video output ?"

What is interesting is the v3.14 S905 Linux Kernel and drivers actually do have 3D Frame Packing code sitting in there already. Along with LPCM and EAC3. It all needs Kodi support and a person or company with enough motivation, time and money to make it happen.

(2016-06-04, 05:19)wrxtasy Wrote: No 10bit video output support as I don't even understand the code. 10bit decoding only, using bypass rendering on Kodi Jarvis. I'm not even sure the drivers currently support 10bit output.

What is interesting is the v3.14 S905 Linux Kernel and drivers actually do have 3D Frame Packing code sitting in there already. Along with LPCM and EAC3. It all needs Kodi support and a person or company with enough motivation, time and money to make it happen.
Oh I see. I think I misread the posts about 32bpp output. Very interesting to know that the Linux kernel has 3D frame packing support. Hopefully, someone will put it into use.
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/blob...264.c#L493

(2016-06-04, 07:33)wrxtasy Wrote: https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/blob...264.c#L493
That looks like it is being converted to SBS or row alternation. The code looks exactly like this from 2 years ago: https://git.matricom.net/Firmware/kernel...ts/vh264.c
All I glanced at was Frame Packing, someone with the necessary (3D) Kernel skills would have to tell us what is going on in there.

Hello. Can someone check how C2 works with dvb-s2 usb card? Thanks!
Hi all,

Just received my C2 with 8GB emmc.

Trying to put LibreElec on it, but my microSD card reader isn't picking up the emmc under windows 7.
I've confirmed the reader dose work.

Anyone come across this.
Really would like to use the emmc over a micoSD card.

EDIT: Thought I'd mention that I've connected the emmc card into the c2 and it boots Ubuntu so not a faulty card.

Thanks guys
Richie
I've had instances where the little grey Read/Write switch on the micro SDHC to SD Adapter has been in the wrong spot so the eMMC or micro SDHC card then becomes Read only.

Cheers mate,

So should I be contacting hard kernel about this or?

Thanks
Richie
Maybe the card is formated in ext3 or ext4 - windows cant read this
U need to use a partition tool to format it in fat32
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-06-06, 13:46)schimi2k Wrote: Maybe the card is formated in ext3 or ext4 - windows cant read this
U need to use a partition tool to format it in fat32

Yep I was thinking that.
I use minitool partition wizard which didn't detect it.
Might try taking windows out of it and boot the partition tool from a boot cd.

Thanks
Richie
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation

(2016-06-06, 09:47)oasis007 Wrote: Hello. Can someone check how C2 works with dvb-s2 usb card? Thanks!
You would have to ask the over on the C2 forums, probably the Ubuntu section, but you would have to supply the exact Name and model number of the DVB-S2 in question to see if it's a particular one is supported by the Kernel itself.

I might even have to buy an adapter that's supported.

Like a transcend.

I'm using a dodgy one at the moment that only works with micro sd cards.

Richie
Hey wrxtasy,
i have tested around a bit with my 3D-Material what i have here and i have noticed something:
using >>> LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.ISO.MySQL.tar

1. i have just test it on my Grundig LED TV yet. Will keep testing with my main Eqipment here in my Livingroom the next days (Onkyo Receiver, Samsung LED TV and Benq Projector )
2. You have to config Kodi like this:
Settings >> System Settings >> Video Output > -Preferred mode: Same as Movie
Settings >> Video Settings >> Playback > Playbackmode of Stereoscopic 3D Videos: Ask Me ( important ! ) - if i choose "Preferred Mode" it doesnt work !!!
Settings >> Video Settings >> Bluray playback Mode: Show simplified Menu

ok, i tested some 3D-Isos and MVC files out of those 3D-Isos ( with makemkv )

3D-Isos: ( i have test this with 6 different 3D-Iso files - full screen, cartoons, 16:9 etc )
name it like this ( for example ) : Dredd (2012).bluray.3DFP.iso >>> i have read in another Board about this "FP" after the 3D
- click on the file
- contextmenu is popping up - choose "Play in 3D"
- ok, on this point i have sometimes different results:
1. you see a TAB screen ! ( Top and Bottom ) - you have to go to OSD Options > 3D and choose again TAB ! - RESULT: Kodi switch to 3D mode AND my TV switch to the right 3D Mode TOO !!!! ( picture is kind of blurry ) - If you are using CONFLUENCE you have to choose "activate 3D mode"
2. You will ask what mode you will use - i choose TAB and Kodi and TV goes direct to right 3D Mode

Means: 3D Isos are working here like a charm AND TV switch direct to the right 3D Mode

MVC.mkv files: ( i have test this with 3 MVC movies )
name it like this ( for example ) : Cars 2 (2011).bluray.3DFP.mkv ( This one with Headermode:3 - others with 13 by default by Makemkv )
- click on the file
- contextmenu is popping up - choose "TAB"
Kodi and TV is switching direct to the right 3D Mode without any skip frames or so - plays normal without any problems!!!!
when i stop the movie 3D Mode stops too ( i have set it up in settings to do so !! )

!!!PROBLEM !!! sometimes i get a strange resolution after i stop the movie ! realy strange ones ( dont write it down, but something like 1201x402 or such weird numbers ) - when i click on the file again, i get the contextmenu again - start the movie in right 1920x1080 res and after another stop it was okay again ... happens 3 times i think

Means: 3D MVCs are working here too AND TV switch direct to the right 3D Mode
here is a SAMPLE of "Cars 2" mvc: >>> DOWNLOAD HERE <<<

when i have test it here too on my Samsung TV and Benq Projector i will Update my Post
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610