• 28(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-06-06, 17:21)schimi2k Wrote: Hey wrxtasy,
i have tested around a bit with my 3D-Material what i have here and i have noticed something:
using >>> LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.ISO.MySQL.tar

1. i have just test it on my Grundig LED TV yet. Will keep testing with my main Eqipment here in my Livingroom the next days (Onkyo Receiver, Samsung LED TV and Benq Projector )
2. You have to config Kodi like this:
Settings >> System Settings >> Video Output > -Preferred mode: Same as Movie
Settings >> Video Settings >> Playback > Playbackmode of Stereoscopic 3D Videos: Ask Me ( important ! ) - if i choose "Preferred Mode" it doesnt work !!!
Settings >> Video Settings >> Bluray playback Mode: Show simplified Menu

ok, i tested some 3D-Isos and MVC files out of those 3D-Isos ( with makemkv )

3D-Isos: ( i have test this with 6 different 3D-Iso files - full screen, cartoons, 16:9 etc )
name it like this ( for example ) : Dredd (2012).bluray.3DFP.iso >>> i have read in another Board about this "FP" after the 3D
- click on the file
- contextmenu is popping up - choose "Play in 3D"
- ok, on this point i have sometimes different results:
1. you see a TAB screen ! ( Top and Bottom ) - you have to go to OSD Options > 3D and choose again TAB ! - RESULT: Kodi switch to 3D mode AND my TV switch to the right 3D Mode TOO !!!! ( picture is kind of blurry ) - If you are using CONFLUENCE you have to choose "activate 3D mode"
2. You will ask what mode you will use - i choose TAB and Kodi and TV goes direct to right 3D Mode

Means: 3D Isos are working here like a charm AND TV switch direct to the right 3D Mode

MVC.mkv files: ( i have test this with 3 MVC movies )
name it like this ( for example ) : Cars 2 (2011).bluray.3DFP.mkv ( This one with Headermode:3 - others with 13 by default by Makemkv )
- click on the file
- contextmenu is popping up - choose "TAB"
Kodi and TV is switching direct to the right 3D Mode without any skip frames or so - plays normal without any problems!!!!
when i stop the movie 3D Mode stops too ( i have set it up in settings to do so !! )

!!!PROBLEM !!! sometimes i get a strange resolution after i stop the movie ! realy strange ones ( dont write it down, but something like 1201x402 or such weird numbers ) - when i click on the file again, i get the contextmenu again - start the movie in right 1920x1080 res and after another stop it was okay again ... happens 3 times i think

Means: 3D MVCs are working here too AND TV switch direct to the right 3D Mode
here is a SAMPLE of "Cars 2" mvc: >>> DOWNLOAD HERE <<<

when i have test it here too on my Samsung TV and Benq Projector i will Update my Post
Cheers schimi2k, slowly getting there by the looks of it. A bit of S905 Kernel work still needed for autoswitching back to a normal Kodi GUI, Post Process manager 3D is not compiling properly.

I had a look at the Metadata of the Cars2 3D MVC mkv:
Code:
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Stereo [email protected] / [email protected]
MultiView_Count : 2
MultiView_Layout : Top-Bottom (left eye first)
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=24
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1mn 0s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 10.9 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 30.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps

Yes seems to play fine, without the judder I have seen with other test 3D MVC .mkv test files.
So I take it the appropriate Makemkv settings are needed when encoding in the first place.

If you need more infos - just tell me Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Pardon me if I am not being accurate here, since I am learning too - I see that the above files are being decoded as TAB or SBS, which means they are being resolved at half resolution on one of the axis, right? This isn't being played as a real MVC file, where both sides are playing at full 1080P resolution with the 2nd stream interleaving with the 1st stream, right?
Nope, they are full res! Maked out of bluray 3D-isos... Just have this header at 3 - you can change it to 13 too if you want - this is not a reencode h-tab file - its a real mvc file
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2016-06-06, 23:21)schimi2k Wrote: Nope, they are full res! Maked out of bluray 3D-isos... Just have this header at 3 - you can change it to 13 too if you want - this is not a reencode h-tab file - its a real mvc file

While your statement is true for the file, the_jaguar is correct. The files are not played in full res. As far as I remember it was stated a few times in this thread or in the corresponding thread at forum.odroid.com that none AMLogic device is (and has ever been) able to play fullhd framepacked MVC 3D. It is always displayed in halfres (every eye has half resolution)
(2016-06-06, 22:56)the_jaguar Wrote: Pardon me if I am not being accurate here, since I am learning too - I see that the above files are being decoded as TAB or SBS, which means they are being resolved at half resolution on one of the axis, right? This isn't being played as a real MVC file, where both sides are playing at full 1080P resolution with the 2nd stream interleaving with the 1st stream, right?

Two separate issues are being conflated and confused here.

1. MVC Full HD 3D content being decoded.
2. Full HD 3D content being output as Full HD 3D Framepacked rather than HTAB or HSBS.

AMLogic platforms have Full HD MVC 3D Decode functionality implemented BUT they don't have 3D FramePacked 1080p output modes implemented, so whilst the Full HD 3D MVC content can be played back in 3D it CAN'T be output in Full HD and is down sampled to HSBS or HTAB.

What this means is that you can playback both HSBS/HTAB H264 content AND 3D Full HD MVC content BUT all 3D will be half-resolution - either HSBS or HTAB (with 3D MVC down sampled).

So you have the advantage, over devices that only play HSBS/HTAB content, that you can play 3D MVC content - you just don't get it output in full quality...
(2016-06-06, 23:42)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 22:56)the_jaguar Wrote: Pardon me if I am not being accurate here, since I am learning too - I see that the above files are being decoded as TAB or SBS, which means they are being resolved at half resolution on one of the axis, right? This isn't being played as a real MVC file, where both sides are playing at full 1080P resolution with the 2nd stream interleaving with the 1st stream, right?

2. Full HD 3D content being output as Full HD 3D Framepacked rather than HTAB or HSBS.

AMLogic platforms have Full HD MVC 3D Decode functionality implemented BUT they don't have 3D FramePacked 1080p output modes implemented, so whilst the Full HD 3D MVC content can be played back in 3D it CAN'T be output in Full HD and is down sampled to HSBS or HTAB.

What this means is that you can playback both HSBS/HTAB H264 content AND 3D Full HD MVC content BUT all 3D will be half-resolution - either HSBS or HTAB (with 3D MVC down sampled).

So you have the advantage, over devices that only play HSBS/HTAB content, that you can play 3D MVC content - you just don't get it output in full quality...
Thx 4 info Smile

What about mvc content at 4k resolutions? Is it equal to frame packed output?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-06-07, 00:50)dukester Wrote:

Keep meaning to try that - as it would make sense that 1080p MVC decoded to HTAB or HSBS UHD would be 3840x1080 or 1920x2160 for each eye feed which is more than enough for Full HD.
(2016-06-07, 02:48)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 00:50)dukester Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 23:42)noggin Wrote: Two separate issues are being conflated and confused here.

Keep meaning to try that - as it would make sense that 1080p MVC decoded to HTAB or HSBS UHD would be 3840x1080 or 1920x2160 for each eye feed which is more than enough for Full HD.

I was under the impression that the current UHD/4K specification specifically excluded 3D. AFAIK, 3D can only go up to 1080P.
(2016-06-07, 02:56)the_jaguar Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 02:48)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 00:50)dukester Wrote: What about mvc content at 4k resolutions? Is it equal to frame packed output?

I was under the impression that the current UHD/4K specification specifically excluded 3D. AFAIK, 3D can only go up to 1080P.

It excludes frame packed support yes, but my display supports both top and bottom and side by side at 4k resolutions.

Earlier when I was testing this function with koyings build on Android it looked as good to me as the 3d on the rpi, not sure if refresh rate automation on oe/le will force a 1080p resolution tho, haven't tested myself.

at this stage in the game it could make frame packed support not necessary, many current and most new devices support 4K resolution. also, correct me if im wrong but i thought SPMC on the Shield supports MVC decoding? Just need a technical response from someone who knows and can explain if its possible to get MVC decoding TAB or SBS at 4K resolutions for a solution that is equal to frame packed output
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-06-06, 15:06)richpags Wrote: I might even have to buy an adapter that's supported.

Like a transcend.

I'm using a dodgy one at the moment that only works with micro sd cards.

Richie
If your in Oz, just go to Officeworks and get a Sandisk micro SDHC adapter. The dual pack comes with a micro SDHC to SD and a micro SDHC to USB adapter. From memory price about $8

(2016-06-07, 03:53)dukester Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 02:56)the_jaguar Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 02:48)noggin Wrote: Keep meaning to try that - as it would make sense that 1080p MVC decoded to HTAB or HSBS UHD would be 3840x1080 or 1920x2160 for each eye feed which is more than enough for Full HD.

It excludes frame packed support yes, but my display supports both top and bottom and side by side at 4k resolutions.

Earlier when I was testing this function with koyings build on Android it looked as good to me as the 3d on the rpi, not sure if refresh rate automation on oe/le will force a 1080p resolution tho, haven't tested myself.

at this stage in the game it could make frame packed support not necessary, many current and most new devices support 4K resolution. also, correct me if im wrong but i thought SPMC on the Shield supports MVC decoding? Just need a technical response from someone who knows and can explain if its possible to get MVC decoding TAB or SBS at 4K resolutions for a solution that is equal to frame packed output

Yes, FSBS or FTAB will give full 1080P resolution on 4K tv's. I have one myself, so yes, this will be great. I have a SPMC on my Shield, but I am not sure if decodes MVC files yet. I will test it when I get back home in a couple of days. There are indications that Android N *might* support MVC decoding, which should then provide impetus to Nvidia to enable this at the firmware level. Also, Xiaomi has claimed that their Mi box (Android based) will support MVC 3D playback, so it will be very interesting to see how they accomplish this (device is supposed to launch in a couple of months).

Edit: Since this is OT, we should take this conversation over to the Nvidia thread :-)
(2016-06-07, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 15:06)richpags Wrote: I might even have to buy an adapter that's supported.

Like a transcend.

I'm using a dodgy one at the moment that only works with micro sd cards.

Richie
If your in Oz, just go to Officeworks and get a Sandisk micro SDHC adapter. The dual pack comes with a micro SDHC to SD and a micro SDHC to USB adapter. From memory price about $8

Yep, in Melbourne.

Cool ill check out officeworks.

Thanks
Richie
Hi guys. What's the picture quality like on these little boxes for full 1080p Blu-ray rips circa 30GB (from a NAS, 1gig network)? I'm looking for something specifically for use with a projector (130" screen) so picture quality is important (everything gets highlighted on the big screen!)......
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610