ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
1st I want to say: thank you for your congratulations! Big Grin

(2016-06-13, 20:12)Draghmar Wrote: I would buy C2 because it's cheaper and I'd get some fun making it working but I need this device for my wife too and she won't be pleased when something won't work because I've make some mistakes. Wink
Anyway - grats for finally choosing one. I hope you'll going to tell us your impression. Smile

I also bought it because of it's fair price and I really look forward to get it to work. Don't you know other methods to make your wife happy? Big Grin I am in a similar situation. My wife is the final acceptor for this new "toy". Wink

(2016-06-13, 20:12)infinity85 Wrote: lower the price by another 5€ with this voucher : http://www.mydealz.de/deals/pollin-5-gutschein-743029

and you can actually use any spare IR remote that might be laying at home (but 7€ is reasonable, so what). Also you can also use a fast microSD (it is slower, but I would not spend 45€ for a eMMC...at least for me it would be too expensive).

EDIT
flew over the post somehow and did not notice, that it is already bought Laugh Sorry. Have fun with the device Smile

Too late... Wink I didn't think about the 7€ for the remote, even though I have a harmony smart control. I like the 12 button design of the odroid remote and I want check it's funtionality in combination with cec. Maybe I don't need the harmony anymore. We will see how it lies in the hand. Otherwise it's a good fallback to check functionality of the ir sensor if anything isn't working as expected with the harmony remote.

Yes, 45€ for the eMMC is hard, but the total performance of the box is the main criteria for acceptance in the living room. So I better spend some euros more.

(2016-06-13, 20:13)Eneko Wrote: Congrats!!! Even though the eMMC module is expensive I still believe this is a hell of a piece of kit for the money.

Let us know how well it runs.

Yes, we will see, if it really is "a hell of a piece of kit for the money". Wink

When I got it to work I will tell you about it. At the moment I don't have a 4k tv, but it should be bought later this year. The main reason is 1080p (h.264) with hd audio passthrough and the possibility for future use.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by hoppel118 - 2016-06-13, 21:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610