Quote:Menge Bestellnr. Artikel Status Einzelpreis
1 Stück 94-810 491 ODROID-C2 verfügbar 49,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 505 ODROID-C2 eMMC-Modul, 16GB verfügbar 44,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 383 ODROID-C1 IR-Fernbedienung verfügbar 6,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 430 ODROID-C1+ Gehäuse, schwarz verfügbar 6,95 €

Versandkostenpauschale DE: 4,95 €
Gesamtpreis in Euro (inkl. MwSt. 19,00%): 113,75 €

Greetings Hoppel from Germany

lower the price by another 5€ with this voucher : http://www.mydealz.de/deals/pollin-5-gutschein-743029

and you can actually use any spare IR remote that might be laying at home (but 7€ is reasonable, so what). Also you can also use a fast microSD (it is slower, but I would not spend 45€ for a eMMC...at least for me it would be too expensive).

EDIT
flew over the post somehow and did not notice, that it is already bought Laugh Sorry. Have fun with the device Smile
(2016-06-13, 17:31)hoppel118 Wrote: I can't wait anymore. I am going to order the odroid c2 today! Big Grin

EDIT: OK, I ordered from pollin in germany. The phone charger with mini usb I have allready here at home. I hope the following products are all I need?

Quote:Menge Bestellnr. Artikel Status Einzelpreis
1 Stück 94-810 491 ODROID-C2 verfügbar 49,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 505 ODROID-C2 eMMC-Modul, 16GB verfügbar 44,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 383 ODROID-C1 IR-Fernbedienung verfügbar 6,95 €
1 Stück 94-810 430 ODROID-C1+ Gehäuse, schwarz verfügbar 6,95 €

Versandkostenpauschale DE: 4,95 €
Gesamtpreis in Euro (inkl. MwSt. 19,00%): 113,75 €

Greetings Hoppel from Germany

Congrats!!! Even though the eMMC module is expensive I still believe this is a hell of a piece of kit for the money.

Let us know how well it runs.
1st I want to say: thank you for your congratulations! Big Grin

(2016-06-13, 20:12)Draghmar Wrote: I would buy C2 because it's cheaper and I'd get some fun making it working but I need this device for my wife too and she won't be pleased when something won't work because I've make some mistakes. Wink
Anyway - grats for finally choosing one. I hope you'll going to tell us your impression. Smile

I also bought it because of it's fair price and I really look forward to get it to work. Don't you know other methods to make your wife happy? Big Grin I am in a similar situation. My wife is the final acceptor for this new "toy". Wink

(2016-06-13, 20:12)infinity85 Wrote: lower the price by another 5€ with this voucher : http://www.mydealz.de/deals/pollin-5-gutschein-743029

and you can actually use any spare IR remote that might be laying at home (but 7€ is reasonable, so what). Also you can also use a fast microSD (it is slower, but I would not spend 45€ for a eMMC...at least for me it would be too expensive).

EDIT
flew over the post somehow and did not notice, that it is already bought Laugh Sorry. Have fun with the device Smile

Too late... Wink I didn't think about the 7€ for the remote, even though I have a harmony smart control. I like the 12 button design of the odroid remote and I want check it's funtionality in combination with cec. Maybe I don't need the harmony anymore. We will see how it lies in the hand. Otherwise it's a good fallback to check functionality of the ir sensor if anything isn't working as expected with the harmony remote.

Yes, 45€ for the eMMC is hard, but the total performance of the box is the main criteria for acceptance in the living room. So I better spend some euros more.

(2016-06-13, 20:13)Eneko Wrote: Congrats!!! Even though the eMMC module is expensive I still believe this is a hell of a piece of kit for the money.

Let us know how well it runs.

Yes, we will see, if it really is "a hell of a piece of kit for the money". Wink

When I got it to work I will tell you about it. At the moment I don't have a 4k tv, but it should be bought later this year. The main reason is 1080p (h.264) with hd audio passthrough and the possibility for future use.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Which hardware do I need to bring the LibreElec image to the eMMC? My win10 laptop has a sd card reader and for my gopro I use a "SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC" with the following sd card adapter:

Does this sandisk sd card adapter work together with the micro sd card adapter to eMMC from pollin? I didn't ever use eMMC before.

To bring the LibreElec Image to the eMMC I will go this way: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation
The "Win32 Disk Imager" can be downloaded from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
And the LibreElec can be downloaded from here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20415

What else do I need?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
After some more reading I ordered my odroid today.

wetek seems to be also a good solution but no expected date did the job.

i ordered from pollin using the code given (thanks for that)

I took also : case, remote, power supply and emmc module (32gb) hoping to see a real difference with a classic SD.
grand total 129 € shipping to france included.

hardkernel was cheaper (around 105 €) but took 7 days to dispatch and i don't know how much time to deliver, there was also the risk of taxes on arrival which would have made it more expensive than pollin in the end.

i let you know when i receive it.
(2016-06-13, 23:16)hoppel118 Wrote: Which hardware do I need to bring the LibreElec image to the eMMC? My win10 laptop has a sd card reader and for my gopro I use a "SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC" with the following sd card adapter:

Does this sandisk sd card adapter work together with the micro sd card adapter to eMMC from pollin? I didn't ever use eMMC before.
Greetings Hoppel
As I understand this the adapter you have should work with one bundled with emmc. But then again I remember someone had problem with his card reader not reading emmc adapter properly so everything is possible. Tongue
(2016-06-14, 10:48)Draghmar Wrote:
(2016-06-13, 23:16)hoppel118 Wrote: Which hardware do I need to bring the LibreElec image to the eMMC? My win10 laptop has a sd card reader and for my gopro I use a "SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC" with the following sd card adapter:

Greetings Hoppel
As I understand this the adapter you have should work with one bundled with emmc. But then again I remember someone had problem with his card reader not reading emmc adapter properly so everything is possible. Tongue

Haha, ok, we will see... [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

My Sandisk USB micro card reader did not work with my 32g emmc, I had to use my other one a USB 2.0 SDHC SD MMC RS-MMC Memory Card Reader, it worked fine!
Weird, that exact same Sandisk SD card adapter as hoppel118 has pictured works fine with two 16GB eMMC's I have here.
Provided the Read/Write tab is in the Write position, the same as shown in the picture.

(2016-06-14, 17:39)wrxtasy Wrote: Weird, that exact same Sandisk SD card adapter as hoppel118 has pictured works fine with two 16GB eMMC's I have here.
Provided the Read/Write tab is in the Write position, the same as shown in the picture.

You'd be suprised how many china gadgets differ in the internals. I've found that you should have around three card readers. I've had sooo many issues with (sometimes corrupted) SD-Cards which could be resolved with a different reader. My current one can't even check if the write protection is set - nice for cards where the little plastic switch is broken.
I have got two of them. We will see... Smile

Version 7.0.2 released by wrxtasy Correct link Smile
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
That link has changed due to a very recent mySQL revert.
MidnightWatcher might like to update it.

Done.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-06-13, 14:23)gnzb78 Wrote: content :

- all kind of content quality (depending on availability)
- mainly HD or Blu ray iso (no issue through LAN despite Prime not supporting Gigabit)
- no web streaming

new usage :

- capable of decoding UHD format through LAN smoothly

could it be the device i'm looking for ?

ps :
for those who are questionning why i pass on the Shield, i tried some trailer found in 4K, was ok on a usb on my TV, but not got lag on shield.
tried bigger movies but picture was not really smooth got a little lag.
I'm not a huge fan of android other than for a smartphone, too many things for my need, which slow down on the important (IMO).
I prefer to have just the OS that does the job than an app on another OS. (simplier the better :-))
The outstanding A/V issues currently are all listed on Post #2 of this thread, mainly VC-1 Interlaced Bluray Rips have playback stuttering problems.

2160p H264/H265 8/10bit (UHD) streams fine over LAN, nice and smooth. I'm having no issues with 150Mbps Jellyfish test clips and even lessor Bitrate stuff with HD Audio seemed fine.

A 16GB eMMC really is all you need for a nice snappy C2. Even a Class 10 UHS-1 Sandisk or Samsung EVO+ SDHC would not disappoint. Smile
As with every device I always say look at the Manufacturers / Sellers support forums for any outstanding issues causing users grief.

• 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610