• 32(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-06-17, 04:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Did you have your glasses on when reading Post #2 ? Eek
Ok to completely Over-emphasize the point...changes made...
Quote: - NO HD Audio decoding by the C2 to output as 5.1/7.1 Multichannel PCM. PCM 2.0 only.(Includes FLAC, AAC, PCM/WAV)
I don't know how much clearer it can be spelt out.

I can see how that could easily be misread.

HD Audio is usually taken to mean DTS-HD MA (and sometimes HRA) and Dolby True HD. Your sentence could easily read that the C2 builds don't include HD Audio decoding to PCM multichannel NOT that the C2 doesn't output PCM multichannel. (*)

There are lots of sources of audio that aren't HD Audio that would be best output as PCM multichannel - FLAC, WAV/PCM, AAC etc. multichannel for instance. PCM multichannel files don't really need 'decoding' - they just need to be output - they are already in a format that can be carried over HDMI.

(*) Some people would describe FLAC and PCM/WAV multichannel as HD Audio - but many really only think of DTS-HD/Dolby True HD as 'HD Audio' formats.

I think it would be a lot clearer to say :

NO HDMI PCM 5.1/7.1 audio output is currently supported. PCM 2.0 is the only PCM output format available at the moment. DD/DTS/DTS-HD/True HD will be bitstreamed over HDMI. Audio formats which can't be bitstreamed (FLAC, WAV/PCM, AAC etc.) will either be transcoded to lossy Dolby Digital 5.1, or folded down to a PCM 2.0 downmix
Hi Guys -

I will be purchasing one of these next week. One clarification I was hoping to get was on the statement below

"- Interlaced Bluray Rips containing VC-1 content have stuttering playback. Normal VC-1 Movie Rips fine."

I have 4 or 5 blurays with VC-1 encoding but they are 1080p and not 1080i. Should I assume that since they are 1080p that they would play fine on the C2?

Thanks
(2016-06-17, 20:08)ikecomp Wrote: Hi Guys -

I will be purchasing one of these next week. One clarification I was hoping to get was on the statement below

"- Interlaced Bluray Rips containing VC-1 content have stuttering playback. Normal VC-1 Movie Rips fine."

I have 4 or 5 blurays with VC-1 encoding but they are 1080p and not 1080i. Should I assume that since they are 1080p that they would play fine on the C2?

Thanks

AIUI 1080p VC-1 should be fine as it isn't interlaced. It's only interlaced VC-1 (aka 1080i) content that would cause problems. (The same is true of Linux Intel platforms unless you have the CPU power for decode and deinterlace in software.)
(2016-06-17, 22:58)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 20:08)ikecomp Wrote: Hi Guys -

Thanks

AIUI 1080p VC-1 should be fine as it isn't interlaced. It's only interlaced VC-1 (aka 1080i) content that would cause problems. (The same is true of Linux Intel platforms unless you have the CPU power for decode and deinterlace in software.)

Thanks for the reply. To be honest I didn't even know companies were releasing VC-1 blurays with 1080i resolution.Seems an odd choice.
(2016-06-18, 00:31)ikecomp Wrote: Thanks for the reply. To be honest I didn't even know companies were releasing VC-1 blurays with 1080i resolution.Seems an odd choice.

Not really. VC-1 and H264 offer broadly similar levels of compression, so unlike MPEG-2 (which is also a Blu-ray codec) there isn't a huge benefit of one codec over the other in quality terms, so that covers the codec choice. I think H264 is probably better supported in the mastering arena possibly, but if you have mastering tools that support VC-1 then there may be reasons to use it? However I get the feeling that more effort has gone into optimising H264 compression - but at the bitrates Blu ray supports this may be less of an issue than at the bitrates used for DVB broadcasting for instance.

As to the 1080i question - there are two reasons I can think of.

1. Your source material is 1080i native because you shot the material you are distributing 1080i. That would be the case for non-movie stuff like pop concerts, sporting events etc. The main feeds for the Winter and Summer Olympic Games, for instance, are shot 1080i natively by OBS (the host broadcaster). The reason for this is that concerts and sport benefit from the more than double image refresh rate that 1080/50i and 1080/59.94i offers compared to the 1080/23.976 or 24.000p formats that Blu ray supports. (This is why properly deinterlaced 1080i has much smoother motion than 1080/23.976p)

2. Your source material is 1080/25p (which is the standard format for drama and a lot of documentary in 50Hz TV territories). Blu-ray, for some stupid reason, doesn't allow for 1080/25p native mastering, and in many cases TV shows are mastered in 1080i (with the 25p content carried as psf - but with 50i motion on credit rolls and crawls) so European TV shows released on Blu-ray are often 1080i too (This isn't universal - some shows are slowed down to 1080/24p and released using 'PAL slowdown' with the music pitch corrected)
my bet is cost of the license to encode the content.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-06-17, 02:02)bgeery Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 01:08)hoppel118 Wrote: Is it somehow possible to deactivate the blue flashing led?
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=21850

(2016-06-17, 03:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Annoying Blue LED switch OFF (works every reboot from then on):

Code:
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
Insert...

echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger

CTRL-O to save  CTRL-X to exit.

chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Thanks, for this tip. But how is it possible to activate ssh? Can't find the option. Under "LibreELEC Settings - Services" I only see the possibility to "Disable SSH Password".

Greetings
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-06-19, 20:52)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 02:02)bgeery Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 01:08)hoppel118 Wrote: Is it somehow possible to deactivate the blue flashing led?
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=21850

(2016-06-17, 03:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Annoying Blue LED switch OFF (works every reboot from then on):

Code:
Insert...

Thanks, for this tip. But how is it possible to activate ssh? Can't find the option. Under "LibreELEC Settings - Services" I only see the possibility to "Disable SSH Password".

Greetings

Have you tried SSHing in with login "root" and password "le" (if a wrxtasy build) or "libreelec" if anyone else's? I usually set it during the first boot wizard - but can't remember if LE enables by default.
Tried it with putty. Don't get to the step where I can enter username and password.

The ssh service isn't active. I think I forgot to active it while initial setup. Is it possible to activate the ssh service afterwards?

Greetings
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Ok, I found the answer here:

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl..._LibreELEC

Quote:Note: SSH has to be enabled at the very first start of LE (installation wizard). Otherwise the SSH service isn't available.

(2016-06-19, 22:10)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 20:52)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 02:02)bgeery Wrote: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=21850

Code:
Insert...

Greetings

Have you tried SSHing in with login "root" and password "le" (if a wrxtasy build) or "libreelec" if anyone else's? I usually set it during the first boot wizard - but can't remember if LE enables by default.

Ok, after hard resetting the libreelec config and setting it up again, I got it.

Strange, this time the option for the ssh service was already activated in the installation process and I couldn't disable it.

Anyway..., the flashing blue light is off. Thanks again.

Why isn't it possible to activate the ssh service after after installation process?

so i received my C2 this week end and took time to install and try Smile

first a little disappointement by pollin :
the case ordered is not compatible dispite what's written on it. holes for connectors are not at the same place or size...
i will contact them to see what's possible.

emmc was detected without any issue but my reader (transcend).
installation was very easy (took less than 5 min) and the whole thing is working very well.

nothing to report except sometimes there is some buffering done (happens 4/5 times in total).

is there a way to increase buffering size somewhere ?

otherwise, the quality was better than with the shield, no lag, all smooth.
:-)

thanks for the help
Sounds like you have an old C1 case. The C1+ cases are also compatible with the C2.

For buffering I just use Example 4 as found here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/how-to:modify_the_video_cache

Code:
ssh [email protected]
Password >>   le

nano .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Copy and Paste Example 4
CTRL-O to save  CTRL-X to exit
reboot

BTW, what's wrong with the Shield video playback. I've read some users are finding 4K video sync issues ?

(2016-06-20, 10:03)gnzb78 Wrote: nothing to report except sometimes there is some buffering done (happens 4/5 times in total).

is there a way to increase buffering size somewhere ?

Can you please describe where you see the buffering? I want to check if I also have this.

(2016-06-20, 10:27)wrxtasy Wrote: For buffering I just use Example 4 as found here:

Code:
ssh [email protected]
Password >>   le

Copy and Paste Example 4
reboot

I configured this, but it doesn't work for me. At the moment I have sound drops (one short word) every minute while watching "live tv" in kodi with libreeclec and odroid. As PVR backend I use stable VDR v2.2.0 and VNSI v1.3.1 (v1.5.0 from git doesn't change anything). With kodi on windows I don't have these drops. I don't know if this is odroid or libreelec specific, but since it works fine under windows I don't think my server causes these drops.

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Greetings

(2016-06-20, 19:14)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 10:27)wrxtasy Wrote: For buffering I just use Example 4 as found here:

Code:
ssh [email protected]
Password >>   le

Copy and Paste Example 4
reboot

I configured this, but it doesn't work for me. At the moment I have sound drops (one short word) every minute while watching "live tv" in kodi with libreeclec and odroid. As PVR backend I use stable VDR v2.2.0 and VNSI v1.3.1 (v1.5.0 from git doesn't change anything). With kodi on windows I don't have these drops. I don't know if this is odroid or libreelec specific, but since it works fine under windows I don't think my server causes these drops.

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Greetings

At the moment I am back to windows with kodi. I did a completely fresh installation of libreelec to emmc, and installed the pvr addon for vdr (vnsi) at first. The error still remains. I have sound drops round about every minute while watching live tv. How I said, no error with windows and kodi/vnsi.

Tried a lot of (may be all) configuration combinations in the "kodi tv settings". My server system log doesn't bring up any relevant messages in my opinion.

What can be the problem?

Watching movies (per emby plugin) or recordings (also per vnsi) from my server works fine.

Greetings Hoppel

• 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610