• 34(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
GPU is also at 104 so maybe bugged ?
(2016-06-23, 14:01)dinjo Wrote: Can you clarify some points for me , as I'm running into some issues with USB HDD

1. Whats the power consumption compared to Libreelec to Ubuntu Mate ?
No idea you will have to monitor it yourself with test equiptment.
Quote:2. If HDD gets unmounted in between one of my External HDD the OS gets restarted on its own ?
Post this question in the C2 forums, you will need to provide more details like External powered hard drive or powered USB hub ?
What Filesystem Format is the HDD using ?
You probably have a power supply problem to the HDD if not using external power for it. ARM devices like RPi's / C2 cannot supply enough power for HDD's reliably when directly connected.
Quote:3. Is there is a GUI to go into command line on same screen ?(I know i can go via putty to IP but same screen ?)
I only know of SSH via Putty or the OSX Terminal program. Smartphones / tablets running Terminal programs can also SSH in.
Quote:4. I'm running it on 4k TV there is no GUI Option to change to 2160p@30 its only 60hz its there in boot.ini only.
This is very likely a HDMI 1.4 connector / cable issue as the 1.4 standard can only do 2160p at up to 30Hz. 2160p@50/60Hz over HDMI 2.0 works for me. boot.ini resolutions are unused hangover from Ubuntu on the C2, they have no effect.
Quote:5. How difficult is it to create new addon I'm interested in using qbittorrent for downloading instead of Transmission or rtorrent
You would need to contact the Add-On authors and see if they can add qbittorrent to those Add-ons, then test on Ubuntu and then submit to LibreELEC team once proper testing has been done.

(2016-06-24, 15:22)dinjo Wrote: GPU is also at 104 so maybe bugged ?
No bug, user problem more likely. I've never seen 104 degrees, maybe 75 and that's been the Max. I've ever seen on correctly operating AML devices
Thermal CPU and GPU throttling would have occurred at 104 Degrees C and the C2 will definitely be sluggish.

Plus you would burn your finger touching the heat sink at 104 degrees, the case may have even melted.

Seems like imperial system it's Fahrenheit, also Hdd mounting seems issue with power supply odroid clarified that on c2 forums

And yes it's 1.4 but I was asking that in that case it should show 2160 30hz instead of 60hz so had to change in boot.ini.

I'm going to install qBittorrent from command line is there a gui if libreelec gets killed? Or its the only layer on which everything runs?

Finally I have question of whether we can put suspend libreelec as at times I would want torrent downloading only so to reduce load on device need to quit out of libreelec? Suspend after 15 mins of non usage?
(2016-06-22, 09:49)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 00:14)hoppel118 Wrote: At the moment the amlogic hardware acceleration works for me as follows:

- h264 - 1080p - bluray rips work as expected
- h264 - 720p - live tv works as expected
- mpeg2 - 576p - dvd rips work as expected
- mpeg2 - 576p - live tv works with one sound drop every minute (software acceleration works as expected)

Think you mean 576i?
Yes, you are right. I meant 576i.

(2016-06-22, 09:49)noggin Wrote: What is your set-up when it comes to audio? Do you have an AVR? Are you bit streaming or decoding to PCM?
I run a C2 with an Onkyo NR616 into a Sony UHD TV. I don't have audio drop outs.
I reworked my forum signature. Yes, I am bit streaming the audio signal to an AVR (yamaha rx-a1020). At the moment I don't need decoding to PCM. The audio drop outs are also there when I connect the odroid c2 to my tv (samsung le-40a789r2) directly. This why I don't think it has something to do with my avr.

(2016-06-22, 09:49)noggin Wrote: The use of software decode for 576i content was because there is a bug in the hardware decode for DVD content (MPEG2 in a VOB container) which causes native interlaced content not to be deinterlaced properly. By moving to software decode wrxtasy was able to software deinterlace using YADIF 2x , which means native interlaced DVDs now play properly.
I don't use vob container for my dvd content. My complete media library (dvd and bluray rips) uses mkv container and works fine with amlogic hardware acceleration (for both mpeg2 and h264 content).

(2016-06-22, 09:49)noggin Wrote: Native interlaced content in Live TV (i.e. transport stream wrapped) deinterlaces fine in hardware on the C2 - it's just VOB interlaced content that needs to be software decoded and deinterlaced.
This may be true for you, but in my constellation with vdr/vnsi as the pvr this doesn't work at the moment.

(2016-06-22, 10:34)wrxtasy Wrote: @hoppel118
I use TvHeadend and have amcodec Hardware acceleration set as:
Accelerate MPEG2 - [720p and up]

Because I find 576i mpeg2 TV channel switching with AML is quicker sometimes this way using SD Software decoding and deinterlacing.
720 and up resolution mpeg2 TV content will still be amcodec hardware decoded and hardware deinterlaced.
Pull up the OSD Codec window with a Keyboard and by hitting "O". You will see ff-mpeg2 for Software decoding and DC:am-mpeg2 or am-h264 etc for Hardware decoding.

No idea what is going on with VDR v2.2.0 and VNSI v1.3.1 and Audio dropouts, I have none of these problems with TvHeadend, both with AC3 passthrough and PCM Audio. As the Kodi devs. say, no debug log, then I see no problem.

OK, I made some tests:

1. software decoding mpeg2

and here is the kodi log for both software decoding tests on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/eXewWacG

1a. streaming sd channel from vdr

1b. streaming dvdrip from emby server

2. hardware acceleration mpeg2

and here is the kodi log for both hardware acceleration tests on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/NCGvVqcs

With hardware acceleration activated kodi crashes completely while making screenshots. A hard reset must be executed. I made two photos.

2a. streaming sd channel from vdr

2b. streaming dvdrip from emby server

Here is the server log for the complete test:

http://pastebin.com/mC56qzmH

Do you need other logs?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
No expert here with these addons you are using - the Appropriate Addon Sub-Forum would be the place to get very detailed Add-On debug log interpretation.
But by the looks of it you have Add-On connection issues to the backend server right from the start of LE and this may be Network IP related.
Then the VDR addon complains about the Application Programming Interface (API) version used that the server actually prefers.

You would really have to look on my GitHub and compare the Addon versions used between the LE 7.0 on the C2 and LE 7.0 on the RPi's. They should be exactly the same.

What I can say is that I would be playing around with Static and DHCP IP configurations on any router connected to the C2. Some users have had issues with stable connections and MySQL when changing between DHCP and Static IP addresses (see the MySQL thread on LE C2 forum).

Consulting the VDR Addon Sub-forum would probably get you more help....

(2016-06-24, 20:49)dinjo Wrote: Seems like imperial system it's Fahrenheit, also Hdd mounting seems issue with power supply odroid clarified that on c2 forums

And yes it's 1.4 but I was asking that in that case it should show 2160 30hz instead of 60hz so had to change in boot.ini.

I'm going to install qBittorrent from command line is there a gui if libreelec gets killed? Or its the only layer on which everything runs?

Finally I have question of whether we can put suspend libreelec as at times I would want torrent downloading only so to reduce load on device need to quit out of libreelec? Suspend after 15 mins of non usage?
I now fail to understand the problem:
HDMI 1.4 connector = Max 2160p@30Hz
HDMI 2.0 connector = Max 2160p@50/60Hz

Boot.ini resolutions selections have nothing to do with it, its completely redundant for LibreELEC. Don't even bother with it. I've made detailed notes about this in a new boot.ini file that is in the v7.0.2 LibreELEC test / bug fix .img

You are trying to do too much on a very minimal Linux based OS release in LibreELEC that has a lot of the OS write protected so its Read only for user stability and to prevent corruption issues. I would suggest using Ubuntu or compile your own LibreELEC and get coding. No GUI when LibreELEC quits its all command line and you have to connect a Keyboard.

No suspend that I know of on AML Linux platforms.
All these detailed question are NOT Kodi related and need to be asked on the HardKernel C2 Ubuntu forums.

Hi wrxtasy,

What version of TVheadend HTSP Client have you tested working with your Example 4 buffercache & posted video/audio PVR cache advancedsettings.xml settings? I have duplicated your settings but the prolonged buffering and temp ~5-10sec audio/novideo problems still persist between channel switching. I noticed SD channels were loading faster with about a 3 second buffer, so I completely disabled MPEG2 hardware accel and found HD channels were now loading as fast as the SD ones.

Was getting ready to post some logs when the pvr client suddenly stopped working and spat connection lost errors at me... Before I post any logs, just want to confirm we are on the same version (I'm running the v2.2.15 client included in your LibreElec build + HTS server 4.0.9 on a separate debian based machine).

Will be back tomorrow to post some logs. I can create an account on the ODROID forums if you prefer to carry the discussion over there. Thanks.
Same client same TvHeadend server version that I'm using, but I have the TvHeadend server separate from the C2.

I will repeat again, you are NOT going to get rid of the PVR buffering with TvHeadend the very first time it starts, and at random times thereafter, particularly with 720 and 1080i streams using Kodi Jarvis.
This is a known AMLogic bypass rendering issue with both OpenELEC and LibreELEC for as long as I've used both OS's. It may get fixed with Kodi Krypton on AML.

Make sure you have the TvHeadend Addon client configured for predicative tuning. That may help with quicker channel switching. mpeg2 480i/576i channels should be configured for Software decoding (In Kodi > Video > Acceleration) if you want quicker startup.

Sorry guys I cannot help with the Audio problems. mpeg2 + AC3 passthrough Audio works for me properly with TvHeadend Client running on LE from an eMMC. I'm not doing anything special.

See the previous post as well about Static vs DHCP IP router configurations. Experiment with that, it may help some people.

Hi @wrxtasy

(2016-06-25, 03:32)wrxtasy Wrote: No expert here with these addons you are using - the Appropriate Addon Sub-Forum would be the place to get very detailed Add-On debug log interpretation. But by the looks of it you have Add-On connection issues to the backend server right from the start of LE and this may be Network IP related.

Yes, seemingly the odroid c2 boots faster than the ethernet connection is ready. Some seconds later the connection to the vdr server gets established.

(2016-06-25, 03:32)wrxtasy Wrote: Then the VDR addon complains about the Application Programming Interface (API) version used that the server actually prefers.

This is only an information coming up because of the new pvr api introduced by kodi 16. With krypton (and a new stable version of the VNSI-Client) and a new version of the VNSI-Server this should be solved. This is not an error.

(2016-06-25, 03:32)wrxtasy Wrote: You would really have to look on my GitHub and compare the Addon versions used between the LE 7.0 on the C2 and LE 7.0 on the RPi's. They should be exactly the same.

Which addons exactly do you mean? VNSI-Server (v1.3.1) and VNSI-Client (v1.11.16) are the stable versions.

(2016-06-25, 03:32)wrxtasy Wrote: What I can say is that I would be playing around with Static and DHCP IP configurations on any router connected to the C2. Some users have had issues with stable connections and MySQL when changing between DHCP and Static IP addresses (see the MySQL thread on LE C2 forum).

After setting up the odroid a sesond time 5 days ago, I made a lot of checks
  • changed the ip configuration from dhcp to static without success
  • installed my homeserver next to the odroid in the living room with a crossover-cable without success

The vdr works fine with software decoding activated on the odroid c2 and other machines with windows 10 as the os also work really flawless. My conclusion is that the problem doesn't rely on my network connection. There must be something wrong with the way the vdr server or vnsi brings the mpeg2 stream to kodi.

(2016-06-25, 03:32)wrxtasy Wrote: Consulting the VDR Addon Sub-forum would probably get you more help....

OK, I will open a new thread.

Anyway, I want to thank you for your hard work to get the odroid c2 to work with libreelec and your overall support. At the moment my "problem" is more of a cosmetic kind. Thanks a lot!

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-06-22, 10:34)wrxtasy Wrote: I also use this for a PVR Cache for live TV viewing.
Code:
<pvr>
   <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
   <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>

Oh no, have overlooked this. Sad Found a similar problem with wetek in the german vdr portal:

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board18-vdr-har...im-livetv/

The solution there was also minivideocache/miniaudiocache.

My advancedsettings.xml looks as follows now:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
  <pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>20</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
  </pvr>
</advancedsettings>

A minvideocachelevel of 10 or 15 is insufficient for me. Hardware acceleration with a minivideocachelevel of 20 works as expected now. Big Grin

(2016-06-22, 22:42)stefansaraev Wrote: fyi, minvideocachelevel / minaudiocachelevel are no more in v17.

Where do you have this information from? So, I (we) have to hope that there is another way to get this caches with krypton.

Greetings Hoppel

(2016-06-25, 07:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Same client same TvHeadend server version that I'm using, but I have the TvHeadend server separate from the C2.

I will repeat again, you are NOT going to get rid of the PVR buffering with TvHeadend the very first time it starts, and at random times thereafter, particularly with 720 and 1080i streams using Kodi Jarvis.
This is a known AMLogic bypass rendering issue with both OpenELEC and LibreELEC for as long as I've used both OS's. It may get fixed with Kodi Krypton on AML.

Make sure you have the TvHeadend Addon client configured for predicative tuning. That may help with quicker channel switching. mpeg2 480i/576i channels should be configured for Software decoding (In Kodi > Video > Acceleration) if you want quicker startup.

Sorry guys I cannot help with the Audio problems. mpeg2 + AC3 passthrough Audio works for me properly with TvHeadend Client running on LE from an eMMC. I'm not doing anything special.

See the previous post as well about Static vs DHCP IP router configurations. Experiment with that, it may help some people.

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I applaud your extreme kindness and dedication towards helping the enduser. Keep up the great work man.
Hello again,

one last thing. I need to configure some more keys before it's perfect:

1. I want the epg grid view "PVROSDGuide" to come up when I press the key "KEY_EPG" while watching a movie or live tv in FullScreen.
    -> At the moment "CodecInfo" comes up when I press "KEY_EPG"
  2. I want to change the audio stream "AudioNextLanguage" by the key "KEY_ENTER" while watching a movie (or live tv) in FullScreen.
    -> At the moment "AudioNextLanguage" comes up when I press "KEY_NUMERIC_POUND"
    -> I don't need the key "KEY_ENTER" for it's intentional use. For this (entering something) I use the key "KEY_OK"
  3. I want the "CodecInfo" to come up when I press the "KEY_NUMERIC_POUND" while watching a movie or live tv in FullScreen.

I use the following remote.xml from github: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

As the remote I use a "harmony smart control" with the profile "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE".

What exactly do I have to configure in the remote.xml?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OK, I got it. Had to create my own Lircmap.xml. The only thing that isn't working at the moment is the ContexMenu. It's enough for today. Wink Bye

Greetings Hoppel

(2016-06-25, 23:22)hoppel118 Wrote: Hello again,

one last thing. I need to configure some more keys before it's perfect:

1. I want the epg grid view "PVROSDGuide" to come up when I press the key "KEY_EPG" while watching a movie or live tv in FullScreen.
    -> At the moment "CodecInfo" comes up when I press "KEY_EPG"
  2. I want to change the audio stream "AudioNextLanguage" by the key "KEY_ENTER" while watching a movie (or live tv) in FullScreen.
    -> At the moment "AudioNextLanguage" comes up when I press "KEY_NUMERIC_POUND"
    -> I don't need the key "KEY_ENTER" for it's intentional use. For this (entering something) I use the key "KEY_OK"
  3. I want the "CodecInfo" to come up when I press the "KEY_NUMERIC_POUND" while watching a movie or live tv in FullScreen.

I use the following remote.xml from github: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

As the remote I use a "harmony smart control" with the profile "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE".

What exactly do I have to configure in the remote.xml?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OK, I got it. Had to create my own Lircmap.xml. The only thing that isn't working at the moment is the ContexMenu. It's enough for today. Wink Bye

Greetings Hoppel

Your procedure with lircmap.xml is actually correct. But "KEY_EPG" should be the context menu button (sounds weird, but is true). In your case since I guess that you mapped this particular button KEY_EPG for your needs to PVROSDGuide. Well... this blocks the button then for the actual context menu function.

But you can work around it. As you need the PVROSDGuide mapping of KEY_EPG only while watching LiveTV, you can alter this mapping with your Lircmap.xml and especially in a custom remote.xml in this its particular LiteTV-xml-section. Look at my Lircmap.xml and remote.xml:

storage\Userdata\Lircmap.xml:
Code:
<lircmap>
<remote device="devinput">
    <xbox>KEY_HOME</xbox> -- mappt die EXIT Taste der Harmony mit remote.xml als Homebutton! >
    <select>KEY_OK</select> -- Hilfsmap für remote.xml: Dort wirds als OSD Channel list im LiveTV interpretiert >
    <hash>KEY_1</hash> -- mappt die cmd1 DisplayTaste der Harmony mit remote.xml als Untertiteldownload >
    <volumeplus>KEY_2</volumeplus> -- mappt Cmd2 displaytaste der Harmony mit remote.xml als SubtitleShiftUp >
    <enter>KEY_VCR</enter> -- mappt die Guide Taste der Harmony mit remote.xml als EPG im Fernsehen und als Filmliste bei Filmen >
    <playlist>KEY_3</playlist> -- mappt toggle watched auf die +-clear-Taste der Harmony neben der 0 in der remote.xml >
    <volumeminus>KEY_4</volumeminus> -- mappt Cmd4 displaytaste der Harmony mit remote.xml als SubtitleShiftDown >
    <teletext>KEY_5</teletext> -- Videodatenbank aktualisieren gemappt auf Harmony E(nter) Taste neben der 0 in remote.xml >
    <star>KEY_6</star> -- togglet den gewählten OpenVPN-Server. Mappt auf remote.xml>    
    <!--star>KEY_7</star--> -- mappt die cmd7 DisplayTaste der Harmony mit Hilfe der remote.xml zum neuladen der keymaps ohne neustart >
    </remote>
</lircmap>

storage\Userdata\keymaps\remote.xml:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>    
        <xbox>ActivateWindow(Home)</xbox>
        <green>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</green> -- startet ueber die gruene taste direkt die Filmliste, auch wenn vorher mal Genre usw an war! >
        <blue>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</blue>
        <red>Action(PlayPvrTV)</red> -- startet direkt in Vollbild LiveTV, und per OK kann man OSD Kanalliste starten >
        <star>RunScript(service.network.openvpn,toggle)</star> -- mappt von der Lircmap.xml die cmd6 taste der lircd.conf und togglet somit den gewählten OpenVPN-Server>    
        <!--star>Action(reloadkeymaps)</star--> -- mappt das Aktualisieren der keymap.xml und lircmap.xml auf die cmd7 taste! >
        <volumeplus>Action(SubtitleDelayPlus)</volumeplus>
        <volumeminus>Action(SubtitleDelayMinus)</volumeminus>
        <playlist>Action(ToggleWatched)</playlist>
        <teletext>XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video)</teletext>
        </remote>
  </global>
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
        <select>ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</select> -- dadurch kann man mitten Im Fullscreen LiveTV per OK Taste die OSD Kanalliste anzeigen >
        <enter>ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</enter> -- KEY_ENTER ist die Harmony Guide taste in der licd.conf und mit enter in remote.xml verbunden. Dadurch wird nur im TV Vollbildschirm das EPG aufgerufen >
    </remote>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
        <hash>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</hash> -- mappt die cmd1 DisplayTaste der Harmony mit remote.xml als Untertiteldownload >
        </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>  
</keymap>

An example:
1. In lircmap.xml I have the buttons KEY_OK mapped to <select> for remote.xml
2. in remote.xml I take this <select> (which is actually KEY_OK thanks to lircmap.xml) and map it to PVROSDChannels BUT in the <FullscreenLiveTV> section. So the OK button on my remote will function in GUI and during Movies as the usual OK respectively ENTER button, for navigation and for options. But only during LiveTV it will show an OSD List with all the channels to choose. In fact if you choose a channel and press the OK button it will function as OK to actually tune the channel and not as the mapped PVROSDChannels function (so it's fortunately absolutely intuitive).

You will have to transfer this example to your situation. As I don't have mapped the KEY_EPG button in my lircmap.xml I apparently agree with its default mapping, so... you could perhaps just leave the KEY_EPG button (which is strangely not really starting the EPG per default) as is, thus without any changed mapping. And just take some other button from the namespace like KEY_VCR (which is not really used I think, or at least not useful mapped per default) for your favourite PVROSDChannels button. Just open your storage\Configfiles\lircd.conf and exchange the current KEY_EPG there with KEY_VCR. Then you can map this KEY_VCR the same way as I did this in my lircmap.xml to a particular button in remote.xml.

But of cource KEY_EPG is gone then I think (but try it first... perhaps it depends in which section it is in remote.xml). You'll then have to allocate in lircd.conf your Harmony button which you want to use for Contextmenu and then assign this line the KEY_EPG. Then contextmenu will work out of the box. Just don't remap anywhere in lircmap.xml the KEY_EPG.

Here is my lircd.conf (Harmony 900):

Code:
# Please make this file available to others
# by sending it to <[email protected]>
#
# this config file was automatically generated
# using lirc-0.9.1-git(default) on Thu Jun 25 17:39:38 2015
#
# contributed by
#
# brand: KLS                      /storage/.config/lircd.conf
# model no. of remote control: VDR 1.6
# devices being controlled by this remote: VDR 1.6 (Videorekorder --> PVR Gerät in Harmony)
#

begin remote

name  /storage/.config/lircd.conf
  bits           13
  flags RC5|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one           906   871
  zero          906   871
  plead         900
  gap          113816
  min_repeat      2
  suppress_repeat 4  # war eigentlich auskommentiert!
#  uncomment to suppress unwanted repeats
  toggle_bit_mask 0x800

begin codes
          KEY_NUMERIC_0            0x12C0    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 0
          KEY_NUMERIC_1            0x12C1    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 1
          KEY_NUMERIC_2            0x12C2    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 2
          KEY_NUMERIC_3            0x12C3    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 3
          KEY_NUMERIC_4            0x12C4    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 4
          KEY_NUMERIC_5            0x12C5    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 5
          KEY_NUMERIC_6            0x12C6    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 6
          KEY_NUMERIC_7            0x12C7    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 7
          KEY_NUMERIC_8            0x12C8    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 8
          KEY_NUMERIC_9            0x12C9    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste 9
          KEY_EXIT                 0x12E2    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Prev (zurück)
          KEY_EPG                  0x02C9    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Menu (Contextmenü)
          KEY_OK                   0x02C8    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste OK
          KEY_UP                   0x02C4    #HarmonyOriginal: Cursor Hoch
          KEY_DOWN                 0x02C5    #HarmonyOriginal: Cursor Runter
          KEY_RIGHT                0x02C7    #HarmonyOriginal: Cursor Rechts
          KEY_LEFT                 0x02C6    #HarmonyOriginal: Cursor Links
          KEY_VCR                  0x02CB    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Guide (Overlay)
          KEY_RED                  0x02C0    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste rot (LiveTV)
          KEY_GREEN                0x02C1    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste grün (Filme)
          KEY_YELLOW               0x02C2    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste gelb (Musik)
          KEY_BLUE                 0x02C3    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste blau (Bilder)
          KEY_CHANNELUP            0x12E0    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Kanal+
          KEY_CHANNELDOWN          0x12E1    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Kanal-
          KEY_INFO                 0x02CC    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Info
          KEY_HOME                 0x02CA    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Exit (Kodi Homebildschirm in Verbindung mit remote.xml und Lircmap.xml)
          KEY_STOP                 0x12F6    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Stop
          KEY_RECORD               0x12F7    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Rec
          KEY_PLAY                 0x12F5    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Play
          KEY_PAUSE                0x12F3    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Pause
          KEY_NEXT                 0x12F1    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Skip
          KEY_PREVIOUS             0x12F0    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Replay
          KEY_FASTFORWARD          0x12F4    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Fwd
          KEY_REWIND               0x12F2    #HarmonyOriginal: Taste Rew
          KEY_LANGUAGE             0x02D1    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Audio (Audiospuren toggln)
          KEY_SUBTITLE             0x02D2    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Untertitel (Untertitel toggln)
          KEY_0                       0x02CD    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Commands
          KEY_1                       0x02F0    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd1
          KEY_2                       0x02F1    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd2
          KEY_3                      0x02F2    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd3
          KEY_4                       0x02F3    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd4
          KEY_5                    0x02F4    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd5
          KEY_6                     0x02F5    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd6
          KEY_7                       0x02F6    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd7
          KEY_8                       0x02F7    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd8
          KEY_9                       0x02F8    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Cmd9
          KEY_CHANNEL              0x02D3    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Channels
          KEY_POWER                0x12CC    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Aus (triggert Aus per Software für CEC...also RemotePi sonderskript für Softwareshutdown nötig!)
          KEY_POWER2               0x12CB    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Ein (Auf RemotePiBoard programmiert Kaltstart)
          KEY_SUSPEND              0x128C    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Ein-/Ausschalten (RemotePiBoard auf Aus Programmiert (für alle Fälle, aber dank "Software Aus" nicht nötig)
          KEY_PVR                  0x02CE    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Recordings
          KEY_SETUP                0x02D0    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Setup
          KEY_TIME                 0x02CF    #HarmonyOriginal: ImDisplay: Zeitgeber
      end codes
end remote

I chose this harmony profile:
Device: PVR
Brand: KLS
Model: VDR 1.6

The reason is that I have round about 10 programmable buttons left, that I can map to what I want. The Media Center SE thing is working out of the box quite well, but there are not more enough buttons to map them to functions like subtitle download or VPN On/Off or Audiostream switching and so on.

Lets say you decide to take over my config... you would just need to copy those 3 files I posted above and but them into the given directories. They will override the default mappings only for the buttons that are mentioned in those files (all others remain mapped default). You would just need to add the KLS VDR 1.6 device in your harmony remote. I'm just not sure how big the differences are between my old Harmony 900 and your new model.

Try to play around with this info and if there are still questions, I'll try to sort them out Wink.
(2016-06-25, 16:45)t0rx Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 07:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Same client same TvHeadend server version that I'm using, but I have the TvHeadend server separate from the C2.

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I applaud your extreme kindness and dedication towards helping the enduser. Keep up the great work man.

I use a separate C2 running Tvheadend 4.1-2130 and can confirm the PVR buffering on the client C2's at first time play and randomly there after. I have tested various levels for cachemembuffersize, readbufferfactor, minvideocachelevel, and minaudiocachelevel.

I pulled HK's version 1.8 kernel and applied these hephooey's (which he got from later amlogic kernel) patches(http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=21875).

They appear to have marginally increased channel switching speed, but the random buffering issue persists:
Code:
f5390aa (HEAD, odroidc2-3.14.y-android-p) [PATCH 08,09,12/26] Update clkgx, viu_regs, vdec
721a357 [PATCH 07/26] Update tsync
7f7c43e [PATCH 04,05,06,11/26] Update streambuf, thread_rw, esparser, tsdemux
68c0235 [PATCH 03/26] Update amstream
9154f80 [PATCH 02/26] Update adec
3d17316 [PATCH 01/26] Update ucode from amlogic
a87c409 Merge commit 'b38a96e' into odroidc2-3.14.y-android-p
52c9191 Fixed Kconfig
1b5c769 (odroidc2-3.14.y-android-paul) [PATCH 08,09,12/26] Update clkgx, viu_regs, vdec
7518dde [PATCH 07/26] Update tsync
b09e255 [PATCH 04,05,06,11/26] Update streambuf, thread_rw, esparser, tsdemux
94f7aed [PATCH 03/26] Update amstream
0107d03 [PATCH 02/26] Update adec
59e256a [PATCH 01/26] Update ucode from amlogic
b38a96e [PATCH] PD#111883: amports: set omx video display systemtime from 0 to 120ms
d9e427c removed source “../hardware/wifi/realtek/drivers/8192cu/rtl8xxx_CU/Kconfig”
837198b (tag: s905_5.1.1_v1.8, tag: s905_5.1.1_v1.7, origin/odroidc2-3.14.y-android, odroidc2-3.14.y-android) Merge "Revert "ODROID-C2: Modify hid touch drivers.
(Note: I wasn't able to patch 13-20 because a compile issue with video.c.)

I never have any buffering issues playing back a tvh recorded mpeg2 stream (which I think is somewhat telling).
LibreElec would be a better test environment as there is less going on, but my tests were on Android.

I tried a nightly Krypton about 4 days ago but I think it was in transition as I could not get the tvh pvr client to work at all.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610