ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-07-08, 05:28)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm definitely qualified to answer,

C2 is:
  • faster due to running LibreELEC from eMMC, bootup time is ~ 10 seconds
  • Pulse 8 libCEC - HDMI CEC control integrated into both LE and the AML Kernel.
  • better support for externally connected hardware due to its number of connectors and HardKernel community support.
  • 2GB vs 1GB RAM - really not important for Kodi media streamer use only.
  • better support for all manner of IR remote controls due to LIRC patches in the Kernel and LE. User programmable IR as well.
  • Apple, XBox 360, MCE and HK remote controls work out of the box.
Hub is and contains:
  • the coolest looking little A/V gadget I have in the house ! Smile
  • integrated AC WiFi, Bluetooth, a complete ready to go package once a micro SDHC card is flashed.
  • relatively slower running LibreELEC at this present time when running from a SDHC card.
  • better AML Linux Kernel support with updated source code, actively updated by WeTek themselves regularly, which results in....
  • 5.1 / 7.1 Multichannel Audio output with LibreELEC , this is currently missing on the C2 (hope to fix it soon)
  • Revision C vs Revision B S905 SoC (C2), which results in playback of DolbyVision 10bit and fixes Satellite 2160p50Hz HEVC video playback problems.
Stuff I dislike on both platforms:
  • poor remote control support on the Hub, this really is a very weak area for WeTek with their S905 platform(s)
  • HardKernel leaving it up to the AML community to update their Linux Kernel with current AMLogic source code.
W.

Thank you wrxtasy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by esloan - 2016-07-08, 16:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610