• 37(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
look here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280406
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2016-07-08, 07:47)HomerJau Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 07:17)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
As for Metadata and internal storage size limitations, use an external media scraper such as MediaElch and store all that metadata in individual (Movie/TV/Music) folders on a NAS. This is especially important for as a media collection grows, and makes that collection ultra portable between Kodi devices as well !
Scrape once and that is it. Putting in the effort is worth it in the long run.

Yes I'm doing that already, thanks for the input.

The Artist Slideshow seems to want to save locally. I have not yet cleaned out my current NUC SSD used for Openelec/Kodi to see if I can increase drive space, maybe I have unused skins etc. From memory I've used nearly 10GB hence my comment that 8GB maybe too small.

Is there some thread /settings on the Forums that can guide us on How to
- MAXIMIZE storing info Next to Media on the NAS and - I have used some MMs to create .NFO and Cover Art stuff - Any more stuff in that direction or thats it?
- DISABLE/ MINIMIZE Kodi's ability to PULL and store stuff locally? - Or will pull LESS if the above is already in place?
I'm getting my C2 today with eMMC module.

What is the Libreelec installation procedure on the eMMC?

Which version do I need to download?

Thanks in advance.
All the info is staring you in the face, clicky clicky down here: Wink
V
V
V

(2016-07-12, 14:16)wrxtasy Wrote: All the info is staring you in the face, clicky clicky down here: Wink
V
V
V

oops... so embarrassing... thank you Smile
Hi @wrxtasy,

here in the forum you wrote the following in the Wetek Hub thread:

(2016-07-12, 11:48)wrxtasy Wrote: 2) Hold down the IR Remote Power button when the WeTek Logo screen shows during bootup, to flip flop between LibreELEC and Android

Do you think it's possible to dual boot libreelec 7 and 8 on the c2?

Maybe both distributions from eMMC or one from the eMMC and one from the microSD?

I would like to test libreelec 8 with the odroid c2. But the device is in productive use with libreelec 7 in my living room.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Some HK Linux C2 dev. may have something cooking going forward. I'm not too sure.
There was a Triple boot on the older C1 if I remember floating about, a Keyboard or FLIRC had to be connected to select OS's.

In the mean time just backup whatever you are using with Kodi > System > LibreELEC > Backup
And pull the .tar backup file from LE using a SMB connection.

I'm about to start on LE8 / Kodi Krypton now I've done a major update to parts of the Firmware and AML source code for the v3.14 S905 Kernel.
This was needed for AML Krypton going forward.

So C2 is here. Wrote the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.2-Kodi-Jarvis-16.1.img on the eMMC. All worked great.

However, following that, I am struggling with the installation of many addons, mostly with the message of Failed to load Dependency". Even the simple installation of Amber skin fails.

This happened twice already (a full formatting and restarting, in two different networks. etc).

Before i start to troubleshoot, does this ring any bells? Something obvious I am missing?
@wrxtasy
Do you know anything about Kodi-Krypton on C2?
A wip fork, a forum thread or something?
I know Jarvis runs fine with amcodec, yesterday I made a build of my little hobby OS, which I'm not making public cause it's not good enough yet, and Kodi runs like a charm.
(I stole the whole bunch of Kodi patches from your LE repo Tongue )

But Krypton fails miserably with amcodec, a few frames are shown and then it just stalls...
Afaik it's due to the huge changes in kodi architecture.
(2016-07-08, 05:28)wrxtasy Wrote: [*]2GB vs 1GB RAM - really not important for Kodi media streamer use only.

For me that's important issue. On raspberry pi 3 (libreelec, stable or alpha) I'm getting out of memory issues,
OOM killer kicks in etc. It happens once for a few days. I have about 8TB of media files accessible over
samba and likely the number of these is causing a problem.

So 2GB could be handy.

Quote:[246841.245937] SLUB: Unable to allocate memory on node -1 (gfp=0x2408040)
[246841.245942] cache: buffer_head, object size: 64, buffer size: 64,
default order: 0, min order: 0
[246841.245947] node 0: slabs: 175, objs: 11200, free: 0
[246841.300824] kthreadd invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x26000c0, order=1,
oom_score_adj=0
[246841.300838] kthreadd cpuset=/ mems_allowed=0
[246841.300854] CPU: 0 PID: 2 Comm: kthreadd Tainted: G C 4.4.13
[246841.300859] Hardware name: BCM2709
(2016-07-18, 09:57)arekx Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 05:28)wrxtasy Wrote: [*]2GB vs 1GB RAM - really not important for Kodi media streamer use only.

For me that's important issue. On raspberry pi 3 (libreelec, stable or alpha) I'm getting out of memory issues,
OOM killer kicks in etc. It happens once for a few days. I have about 8TB of media files accessible over
samba and likely the number of these is causing a problem.

So 2GB could be handy.

2GB could come in handy, but that would be delaying/masking the issue/bug rather than fixing it. What you describe shouldn't be happening at all.
(2016-07-16, 22:12)asavah Wrote: @wrxtasy
I know Jarvis runs fine with amcodec, yesterday I made a build of my little hobby OS, which I'm not making public cause it's not good enough yet, and Kodi runs like a charm.

But Krypton fails miserably with amcodec, a few frames are shown and then it just stalls...
Yes I will be looking at it again soon.
I've been a bit busy getting the C2 Kernel into shape with AML updates as these will be required for Krypton and Codesnake's Kodi AMLogic changes.

Not a big fan of Krypton at the moment due to the number of A/V code changes for AML, that have broken a bunch of Kodi features.

Currently testing new Firmware for the LE on the C2, updated OpenGL r6p1 video drivers from AML and HK have given LE a very nice speed bump, particularly when using HDMI-CEC control. Smile

(2016-07-18, 13:32)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 22:12)asavah Wrote: @wrxtasy

Yes I will be looking at it again soon.
I've been a bit busy getting the C2 Kernel into shape with AML updates as these will be required for Krypton and Codesnake's Kodi AMLogic changes.

Not a big fan of Krypton at the moment due to the number of A/V code changes for AML, that have broken a bunch of Kodi features.

Currently testing new Firmware for the LE on the C2, updated OpenGL r6p1 video drivers from AML and HK have given LE a very nice speed bump, particularly when using HDMI-CEC control. Smile

Thanks for the info, I've already grabbed everything new I found, mali drivers, aml libs, kernel patches and etc. from your LE7 repo and some other places, made a full backport of changes required to build jarvis with aarch64/gcc-5.4 cross-toolchain (pesky #if defined guards !) and a large etc. I've read your threads on odroid forums and tried your LE images - work really nice.
However cross-building stuff and specially kodi is a hobby for me, that's why I asked about krypton.
Currently I build krypton from popcornmix's repo for my pi's and having to maintain 2 different packages with different set of dependencies is a pain.

Well, Jarvis with your patches is a beast, it's vpu can eat anything I've thrown at it so far, really nice, guess I'll wait untill I see some updates to make krypton usable on c2.

Thanks for your hard and excellent work.
How can one make Service for qbittorrent ? Cant do apt-get because of system limitations
@dinjo - I'm not sure what you mean by system limitations. This is how I installed qBittorrent on a stock oDroid C2 from a terminal window (ctrl-alt-t):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
qbittorrent
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610