• 38(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Libreelec does not have apt-get !
Aha, you are correct. I might grab an SD card to play around with Libreelec soon, but perhaps someone else can answer that for you quicker.
Just got my C2 on Monday , played for 2 days , excellent , compact and perfect player
However, I got a problem , I want to adjust the position of the subtitles , I follow the instruction of kodiwiki, Settings -> Videos -> Subtitles, change "Subtitle position on screen " to "fixed" , then adjust the position defined in the video calibration screen, but nothing change on playback subtitle

Am i missing something ?
(2016-07-12, 19:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Some HK Linux C2 dev. may have something cooking going forward. I'm not too sure.
There was a Triple boot on the older C1 if I remember floating about, a Keyboard or FLIRC had to be connected to select OS's.

In the mean time just backup whatever you are using with Kodi > System > LibreELEC > Backup
And pull the .tar backup file from LE using a SMB connection.

I'm about to start on LE8 / Kodi Krypton now I've done a major update to parts of the Firmware and AML source code for the v3.14 S905 Kernel.
This was needed for AML Krypton going forward.

Thanks for the informations. Keep up the good work. Wink
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
wrxtasy - any news on the C2 getting multichannel PCM over HDMI now that the Hub appears to have it?
(2016-07-21, 01:56)noggin Wrote: wrxtasy - any news on the C2 getting multichannel PCM over HDMI now that the Hub appears to have it?
I have been looking at it along with Kszaq and now Raybuntu is digging into it as Audio code updates mess with HDMI CEC. We are hoping AMLogic themselves have not done something restrictive in the non -H version of the S905, like that in the C2 that only limits Multichannel PCM to devices like the paid for licenced S905-H Hub.

Did anybody test if the odroid c2 fits into the "kodi edition raspberry 3 case"?

https://thepihut.com/products/kodi-editi...ry-pi-case

Seemingly the odroid c2 and the raspberry pi 3 have the same interface positions.

What about your c2 temperature? At the moment I am at 84°C after watching a bluray rip (h264). Which fan or heatsink do you use to cool it down?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
From the C1+ thread.....

(2016-01-23, 20:14)DEcosse Wrote: .... I'll report on fit in the FLIRC case later today - the one thing I hadn't thought about is the C1+ heatsink vs the pedestal in the FLIRC case, so will make some observations on that.

So I installed the C1+ into the Flirc case - here are the observations/compromises:
1: As previously discussed, the 2.5mm Power Jack is not aligned - if this was required, the hole for the Pi2 Audio would have to be elongated; using the micro USB OTG is simple alternative with no mod required.
2. USB, USB Micro OTG and HDMI all align perfectly; the Ethernet does align, although note it is inverted (no mod was actually required in a test fit of ethernet connector, but if desired a small relief could be notched at the top of the opening)
3. There is no opening for the IR Receiver - a hole could easily be drilled in the Aluminum case if this was required.
4. The SD Card is not accessible from outside, cover must be removed to access (not huge ordeal for something that should be infrequent in a constant application)
5. A small mod is required to the ribs on the inside of the cover-base; this is to clear the (otherwise) interference of the SD Card socket and the header pins. Some quick surgery with a utility knife addressed that.
6. There is a pedestal inside the case which connects to the Pi2 Processor for a heatsink (the whole case becomes one big heatsink); the C1+ processor does not quite align with this pedestal - approx one third of the processor contacts the pedestal via the heatsink pad, along with a small section of each memory chip. So contact area is not ideal, however it does actually make contact. The OEM C1+ heatsink cannot be used (unless the pedestal of the FLIRC case was completely removed (would require machining).
With the application at hand, I don't believe the compromise on the heatsink contact area should be a concern. (I will do some temperature monitoring to check)

In summary, if you don't mind some relatively minor mods, this is a decent looking low-cost option (~ $15 shipped) for use as an HTPC enclosure.
The only physical mod I actually did was relieving the plastic rib sections on the base - I use the micro USB OTG supply and do not use the IR receiver.

WOW, nice. That is what I was looking for. Thanks in advance to @DEcosse for documenting this and thanks to @wrxtasy for reporting this back here.

Greetings Hoppel

(2016-07-25, 21:01)wrxtasy Wrote: From the C1+ thread.....

(2016-01-23, 20:14)DEcosse Wrote: .... I'll report on fit in the FLIRC case later today - the one thing I hadn't thought about is the C1+ heatsink vs the pedestal in the FLIRC case, so will make some observations on that.

So I installed the C1+ into the Flirc case - here are the observations/compromises:
1: As previously discussed, the 2.5mm Power Jack is not aligned - if this was required, the hole for the Pi2 Audio would have to be elongated; using the micro USB OTG is simple alternative with no mod required.
2. USB, USB Micro OTG and HDMI all align perfectly; the Ethernet does align, although note it is inverted (no mod was actually required in a test fit of ethernet connector, but if desired a small relief could be notched at the top of the opening)
3. There is no opening for the IR Receiver - a hole could easily be drilled in the Aluminum case if this was required.
4. The SD Card is not accessible from outside, cover must be removed to access (not huge ordeal for something that should be infrequent in a constant application)
5. A small mod is required to the ribs on the inside of the cover-base; this is to clear the (otherwise) interference of the SD Card socket and the header pins. Some quick surgery with a utility knife addressed that.
6. There is a pedestal inside the case which connects to the Pi2 Processor for a heatsink (the whole case becomes one big heatsink); the C1+ processor does not quite align with this pedestal - approx one third of the processor contacts the pedestal via the heatsink pad, along with a small section of each memory chip. So contact area is not ideal, however it does actually make contact. The OEM C1+ heatsink cannot be used (unless the pedestal of the FLIRC case was completely removed (would require machining).
With the application at hand, I don't believe the compromise on the heatsink contact area should be a concern. (I will do some temperature monitoring to check)

In summary, if you don't mind some relatively minor mods, this is a decent looking low-cost option (~ $15 shipped) for use as an HTPC enclosure.
The only physical mod I actually did was relieving the plastic rib sections on the base - I use the micro USB OTG supply and do not use the IR receiver.

I did this on the official raspberry pi 3 kodi case for my C2 and make the 2.5mm Power Jack hole a little big bigger for 220v power.

I checked yesterday evening after watching of 4 hours live tv with tv headend and the temp wasn't getting higher then 72 celsius.Angel
(2016-07-27, 16:33)Pienoet Wrote: I checked yesterday evening after watching of 4 hours live tv with tv headend and the temp wasn't getting higher then 72 celsius.Angel

While watching live TV with vdr as a backend I am also at 70'C mostly.

Which temperature do you have after watching a bluray rip (h264)?

Which temperature is normal for the c2 or similar devices without fan?

Serious question, is the Heatsink too Hot to touch ?

Is the C2 being CPU throttled due to some sort of temperature problem ?

Does the device crash all the time when left on 24/7 ?

If none of this is happening then what is this compulsive obsession with temps ? Wink

Have you looked at the OSD codec window to make sure you are hardware decoding (ie dc:am-mpeg2 dc:am-264) ?
mpeg2 Software decoding (dc:ff-mpeg2) will put more load on the CPU and produce more heat.

Have you ripped off the heatsink and pointed an IR gun at the SoC to accurately measure the temps ?

Last time someone measured, using an IR gun it was overreading by 7-10 degrees C.
I'm contemplating ripping out the erroneous temp readout for LibreELEC as its causing so much grief and now costing users more money chasing different cases and cooling methods which I think are unnecessary.

Around 70 degrees C seems normal.

What does everyone think is the best OS to run on the C2? If its one of the Elec's is there a special build out there that people are using?
How is the android? Thanks in advance..
ADT-1 Developer Kit / Nvidia's Shield TV / Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' / Beelink GT1 / Amazon Fire TV 2 / Wetek Core / ODROID-C2 / Raspberry Pi 2 / Nexbox A5
It depends upon what you want to do I think. If you just want a Kodi media box, then libreelec is probably the best. If you want a full Linux distro, then Ubuntu and you can Kodi on top. Android will run Kodi too along with other apps from the play store.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2016-07-29, 13:55)sandogo1 Wrote: What does everyone think is the best OS to run on the C2? If its one of the Elec's is there a special build out there that people are using?
How is the android? Thanks in advance..
wrxtasy has link to this special LE build in his footer. And his post is right above yours. Wink
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610