• 39(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
What should be the network buffer setting for C2 ? I have kept 1.5Gb for buffer size and readFactor of 5 but Live TV suffers a lot Stored Content plays well off internet
(2016-07-28, 03:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Serious question, is the Heatsink too Hot to touch ?

Is the C2 being CPU throttled due to some sort of temperature problem ?

Does the device crash all the time when left on 24/7 ?

If none of this is happening then what is this compulsive obsession with temps ? Wink

The answer to the first three questions is: NO. Wink

(2016-07-28, 03:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Have you looked at the OSD codec window to make sure you are hardware decoding (ie dc:am-mpeg2 dc:am-264) ?
mpeg2 Software decoding (dc:ff-mpeg2) will put more load on the CPU and produce more heat.

Have you ripped off the heatsink and pointed an IR gun at the SoC to accurately measure the temps ?

Yes, hardware decoding works as expected. No, I didn't rip off the heatsink.

(2016-07-28, 03:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Last time someone measured, using an IR gun it was overreading by 7-10 degrees C.
I'm contemplating ripping out the erroneous temp readout for LibreELEC as its causing so much grief and now costing users more money chasing different cases and cooling methods which I think are unnecessary.

Around 70 degrees C seems normal.

Thanks for your appreciation.

I have another last question for the moment:

Why do I get the plugin updates on the odroid c2 later than on my windows 10 clients?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-08-01, 10:59)dinjo Wrote: What should be the network buffer setting for C2 ? I have kept 1.5Gb for buffer size and readFactor of 5 but Live TV suffers a lot Stored Content plays well off internet

Here you find the settings on my libreelec odroid c2.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2364203

I use vdr as the pvr backend. With the buffer settings from the link above the hardware decoding for live tv (mpeg2 and h264) works fine.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Gotta love Open Source code sharing, devs. building on what has come before, so this is definitely worth mentioning here.

aNORes, has built upon my latest LibreELEC 7.1 / Kodi 16.1 edition and incorporated the latest set of Linux kernel driver modules for V4L-DVB devices to allow modern USB DVB tuners to be connected and work with the old v3.14 Linux Kernel in the C2.

Details and images for this found HERE

I can see Noggin lining up his army of USB DVB Tuners, ready to attack the C2 already Wink

Also expanded Linux driver Backports are now being actively look at using info found HERE

(2016-08-01, 16:53)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 10:59)dinjo Wrote: What should be the network buffer setting for C2 ? I have kept 1.5Gb for buffer size and readFactor of 5 but Live TV suffers a lot Stored Content plays well off internet

Here you find the settings on my libreelec odroid c2.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2364203

I use vdr as the pvr backend. With the buffer settings from the link above the hardware decoding for live tv (mpeg2 and h264) works fine.

Greetings Hoppel

Are you using Live Streaming TV Channels ? I set these values to 15 for video i could not find minaudio in advanced settings will add that manually in file.I also have skiploopfilter set to 48
Yes, I stream live tv channels and also recordings from my vdr backend.

advancedsettings.xml is not available by default. You have to create the file and set all the values (code lines) manually.

Does the minvideocachelevel work for your hardware decoding? I need the miniaudiocachelevel for streaming radio channels from my vdr backend. Otherwise I get a lot of audio drops.

I don't use the skiploopfilter.

@wrxtasy , is this same 'trick' possible for wetek hub? Would be nice to have support for dvb tuners in this box :-)
Best regards
(2016-08-02, 05:47)wrxtasy Wrote: Gotta love Open Source code sharing, devs. building on what has come before, so this is definitely worth mentioning here.

aNORes, has built upon my latest LibreELEC 7.1 / Kodi 16.1 edition and incorporated the latest set of Linux kernel driver modules for V4L-DVB devices to allow modern USB DVB tuners to be connected and work with the old v3.14 Linux Kernel in the C2.

I can see Noggin lining up his army of USB DVB Tuners, ready to attack the C2 already Wink

Also expanded Linux driver Backports are now being actively look at using info found HERE

I got bored with waiting. Now run 9 DVB-T/T2 tuners on a dedicated server (small x86 box with GigE) using MuMuDVB to create simultaneous IPTV streams for every UK DTT multiplex, plus a Quad DVB-S2 SAT>IP receiver/server. No channel clashes for the DVB-T/T2 stuff howvere many channels I want to watch or record. These IPT/SAT>IP streams are then handled by a TV Headend running on an Ubuntu Server VM on an ESXi box, with SMB networked recording storage. Stopped plugging tuners directly into Raspberry Pis and C2s a couple of months ago. Much neater to do it on a VM - and it means my TV Headend stuff doesn't get disrupted by playing with new devices!

May give it a try on the C2 for old times sake...
Hi, when I scroll through my movie library list while watching live tv or a movie the RAM runs full very fast until the odroid freezes. In this case i have to pull the power cord and reboot. Is here anybody else with this issue?

What can I do to clear the RAM automatically faster while scrolling through the library?

Greetings Hoppel

@wrxtasy
I'm seeing the issue where the media does not shows via upnp it only worked once for me never after that disabled enabled sharing still no go.
So, I ordered mine directly from Hardkernel yesterday. Let's see how long it takes to get from S. Korea to Spain. It's probably gonna be awhile.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Kodi run well on the C2 under Android, or is LibreElec the only true safe option for good performance.

Thanks, Rich
(2016-08-05, 00:23)hoppel118 Wrote: Hi, when I scroll through my movie library list while watching live tv or a movie the RAM runs full very fast until the odroid freezes. In this case i have to pull the power cord and reboot. Is here anybody else with this issue?
Have you made sure that all Kodi Hardware acceleration is selected to "Always" for all options ?
No I have not seen this issue. I usually just pull up the EPG and that is it.

(2016-08-02, 05:47)wrxtasy Wrote: Gotta love Open Source code sharing, devs. building on what has come before, so this is definitely worth mentioning here.

Hello @wrxtasy

i have two questions:

1. Do you recommend to use your 7.1 release over your 7.0.2 release (you never mentioned it here in this thread before)?
  2. Do you recommend to use aNORes 7.1 media build release over your 7.1 when I do not use any usb dvb tuner plugged into the odroid c2 directly?

(2016-08-15, 16:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Have you made sure that all Kodi Hardware acceleration is selected to "Always" for all options ?
No I have not seen this issue. I usually just pull up the EPG and that is it.

Yes, hardware acceleration is selected "always" for mpeg2 and mpeg4. I can see that issue only on the libreelec machine, when I fast scroll through my movie library while watching a movie or live tv. The ram runs full until the odroid box freezes. I wrote that already.

However..., my Windows 10 clients with kodi are more intelligent in this case. The ram is not running full. When it reaches the last remaining 10% (round about 400MB of 4GB) of the machines ram, it ends filling the ram.

Is it somehow possible to get this 10% limit to the libreelec machine? Or what else can be done?

Greetings Hoppel

(2016-08-05, 00:23)hoppel118 Wrote: Hi, when I scroll through my movie library list while watching live tv or a movie the RAM runs full very fast until the odroid freezes. In this case i have to pull the power cord and reboot. Is here anybody else with this issue?

What can I do to clear the RAM automatically faster while scrolling through the library?

Greetings Hoppel

I raised a similiar issue here 2294028 (post).

It seems the gpu mem isnt getting released during video playback so scrolling through library the mem keeps increasing until it runs out causing image black outs or freezing.

Hopefully it will be looked upon.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610