ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-09-06, 14:19)wrxtasy Wrote: In depth testing till it breaks... Ha ha, looks like you have found the soft AMLogic LibreELEC Audio underbelly !! Wink

I have no AVR to test, but from user reporting back I seem to recall if any HDMI AVR is involved, a slight ms Audio setup tweak from the Kodi OSD is needed, then "Save as default for all Videos"

No idea what is going on with switching Audio tracks to be honest. AML Audio needs a LOT of work put into it, both in LE / Linux and Android. It really needs some long overdue attention from knowledgable Kodi Audio - AML Kernel guys. I will be releasing an modded HDMI Audio test version soonish.

Sync playback to display does nothing on AML devices as video Bypass rendering is used. Kodi has no control.

The Kodi Temperature readout actually over reads as well on the C2. I leave mine on 24/7, and never experience any slowdowns or crashes.

Make sure you are using the latest .tar LE 7.1 update that fixes a bad memory leak in Kodi too:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.fixmemleak.tar

I have found on the 1GB Hub, if you use the Video Cache Settings from Example #4 found here (ie 450MB of free RAM reqd), you can actually crash a 1GB AML device regularly. I now use Example #3 on the Hub and all if good !
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

LE 7.1 on the C2 is using Example #4 by default to help with 4K video playback buffering.

Thanks for the quick reply wrxtasy and taking the trouble of going through my brick! Smile

First of all, you don't have an AVR?? WTF? We should all chip in and get you one for your work Smile Although I kinda have the feeling that if you don't have one, you don't want one Smile

Thanks for the tips, I'll update to LE 7.1 version you mention ASAP just so you have another tester. But memory has not caused any actual problem on my C2 yet, no crashes or anything.

Good to know about others also detecting the need of a few ms of tweaking when AVR HDMI is involved. This could be "normal", even though I didn't have this problem with Kodi on x86. But I always was under the impression that if Audio Passthrough was selected, the audio delay tweaks did not have any effect since Kodi just passes the audio on without being able to advance/delay anything. Am I wrong on this? I hope so Smile

And finally, the audio switching I'm sure will improve over time. I unfortunately don't have the knowledge to help out on this technically but I will test any version you bring out.

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by Eneko - 2016-09-06, 14:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610