ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-09-20, 11:17)infinity85 Wrote: Try this on a Philips LCD 2012 Series and you will throw up immediately... unfortunately the picture is very stuttery on many philips models, because they somehow manage to disable 100Hz or something else altogether with the motion compensation Sad. If I see the cheap 39" Samsung with 50Hz panel of my parents, which has everything disabled, then I'm simply pissed off of my double the price philips, which should be able to picture at least some kind of smoothness with his 100Hz panel (700Hz extrapolated or so) without motion compensation stuff. But there is no way if I disable motioncompensation unfortunately Sad. Philips is real crap software... The Picture Quality is actually awesome, but they destroy everything with bad software somehow.

Yes - it's a pity that Philips stopped making TV sets about 5 years ago. The Philips TV brand in Europe is now a Chinese manufacturer called TP Vision. (I think the US Philips TVs are part of a totally different venture with Funai) Could be your set is one of the last real Philips models, or one of the first Chinese ones?

I haven't seen a picture worth looking at on a Philips TV in Europe for a long time. Sony, Panasonic and Samsung are the only displays I really look at when planning a purchase (and I always used to try to buy a 50Hz not a 100Hz model, I think the 24p compatibility was through 48Hz display which with an LCD won't flicker too much). LG OLEDs do look very nice though...

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by noggin - 2016-09-21, 01:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610