• 46(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
great job!
can't wait top receive my C2 Smile
Is audio pass through working okay? I'm thinking of swapping out my openelec pi for this on a C2. I use a mythtv back end. I'm tired of the TV programme guide delays on the Pi.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
The only complaints we have had were with FLAC, mp3 and AAC decode to Multichannel PCM audio, and they have been fixed with an October .tar update.
Have not heard diddly squat about Audio passthrough problems, which is usually a good sign. Smile

Post #2 lists current comprehensive C2 Audio support.

From my readings, the c2 will never be able to output hdr and x265 10 bit 4k correct?

yes that's right
(2016-10-03, 20:25)wapvi Wrote: From my readings, the c2 will never be able to output hdr and x265 10 bit 4k correct?

It will decode HEVC/h.265 10 bit 2160/60p content. Whether it has an HDMI mode that will output this in 10 bit I am not clear.

It may not have DolbyVision or HDR-10 but it may well output HLG HDR (which is a front-runner for broadcast HDR) if it does have a 10-bit video path all the way to the HDMI.

(It will play HEVC 2160/59.94p 10 bit HDR-10 content by the way - I've done that. However it is output at 8-bit and not delivered in a format that an HDR-10 display would want)

To be honest, though, I would still be ignoring HDR if I were buying a Kodi box at the moment... It's still early days.
Good then i was hesitating between the c2 the wetek 2 or the q10 pro i think im gonna go with the c2 unless it doesn't play nice with iptv

yes that's right
(2016-10-03, 22:26)noggin Wrote: .. output HLG HDR (which is a front-runner for broadcast HDR) if it does have a 10-bit video path all the way to the HDMI.
Post #666 had a supposed HLG Astra 2160p test clip with details. Played and looked fine to my eyes on my 8bit display.
As Noggin said, I would let the dust settle first on hardware choices for HDR and DolbyVision.
There really is bugger all HDR10 content about anyway. How many test clips can a user watch in the end ?

I have had my C2 for about a week and I am very impressed.

All audio (AC3, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA) seems to be passed through properly (according to my Marantz AVR). I cannot test DTS:X or Atmos.

We get h.264 1080/50i here and it seems to deal just fine with deinterlacing that.

Also seems to play back a variety of test 4K HEVC (incl 10 bit) material, although I can only watch the end result on 1080p screens.

I am very impressed. Thank you wrxtasy, noggin, and all the other devs who have made this possible.

One question, in my study I have an old Panasonic 1080i/720p 32 inch TV, which I regularly use for testing, as it doesn't interfere with TVs anyone actually watches. The Odroid C2 boots to a black screen, which I figure is due to some EDID or similar problem. Any easy way of fixing this? All other of my kodi machines, including a little s905X box boot fine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There's an edid problem alright, the C2 can't/doesn't do that. You have to set your display resolution in the boot.ini file.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Thank you for the clue, I don't have many of my own!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr, cheers ! Smile

I been tweaking LE 7.1 today. The following version should give you 1280x720p for that old Panasonic TV you have.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.boot.ini.720p.tar

Normally you would comment with a # and uncomment by removing the # from the various options in the boot.ini file. Which is found on the SD/eMMC card's root directory.

Thanks man, I already tweaked the boot.ini on afremont's advice and it boots fine. Wish I could find the remote for the TV so I can get rid of the godawful overscan. Appreciate your efforts on this, it's a nice piece of kit for pretty reasonable money.
(2016-10-03, 22:26)noggin Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 20:25)wapvi Wrote: From my readings, the c2 will never be able to output hdr and x265 10 bit 4k correct?

It will decode HEVC/h.265 10 bit 2160/60p content. Whether it has an HDMI mode that will output this in 10 bit I am not clear.

It may not have DolbyVision or HDR-10 but it may well output HLG HDR (which is a front-runner for broadcast HDR) if it does have a 10-bit video path all the way to the HDMI.

(It will play HEVC 2160/59.94p 10 bit HDR-10 content by the way - I've done that. However it is output at 8-bit and not delivered in a format that an HDR-10 display would want)

To be honest, though, I would still be ignoring HDR if I were buying a Kodi box at the moment... It's still early days.
I have 2 hdr capable tvs that's why I'm asking since i do have netflix and amazon hdr on the tvs i only care about HDR/HLG on satellite channels (sky deutschland are launching 2 uhd hlg channels this month) so if it can output hlg at 10 bit ill buy 1 and wait for the revised c2 which should be out next year.
I would seriously doubt any AMLogic S905 can output any 10bi color depth and definately not any content with HDR. I've not tested HLG properly as I have no 10bit capable display.

These are the 2160p capable display modes I get:
Code:
2160p30hz
2160p25hz
2160p24hz
smpte24hz
2160p50hz420
2160p60hz420

I see but the 905x can presumably ?

yes that's right
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help